Time....

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a little idea for an image earlier, unfortunately it didn't happen how I'd hoped, but what I ended up with I was still pretty happy with.

Any C&C very welcome :)

3225547113_10566c6d76_o.jpg

Not sure what you were trying to achieve. Doesn't work for me at all. Nothing seems very in focus and I am left looking around the picture to find something to rest on. I am sure many will disagree with me! If you like it, that's the main thing.

It was an experiment with lighting and long exposure. I was hoping to get an amount of blur from the second/minute hands, but with enough light to see them it would be over exposed after enough time to see the hands blur, with less light you couldn't see the hands.

Just a little experiment really. I realise it's not pin sharp, but I think that is probably down to my tripod, I really do need a sturdier one (at least when fully extended).

I guess I liked the lighting and the tones.

Must admit, the missus didn't think a lot of it either!!

You need an ND filter (y)

I know!!!

The setup was far from ideal anyway, it wasn't what I wanted, but just tried it out while I had nothing to do.

A square crop could look good at quick glance, but I was aiming for an upward spotlit look to the clock, as well as the motion blur. I didn't have anything to get the spot lit look to hand, and needed an ND as you say!!

Still, it's given me the drive to have another go!

Back