Tim's TP 52 for 2018 Challenge (wk 12 juxtaposition added)

People
I have to admit I prefer the edited version, I didn't think it needed photoshopping at first, but now you done it it looks so much cleaner.

Gated - I love the cobwebs
People - Your action shots of the individual skiers are great, your People shot has a great back story which gives it interest

Nicely done. I assume it's a composite, so it was important that you got the background you wanted, and the black works.
(y)

Hi it’s a single shot, not a composite. About 2 second exposure, black background and people wearing black pullovers. Inspired by Chelsea and Tony Northrup :)

Nice shot, looks really good

It's a very good interpretation of the theme and a big WOW for doing it as a single shot, very impressive, I'd never find two people who could move at the same time :)

It's a very good interpretation of the theme and a big WOW for doing it as a single shot, very impressive, I'd never find two people who could move at the same time :)

Thank you :) There was one trick to this. We found that trying to coordinate the two people moving down and in behind it was impossible to get the shot. So instead the starting position was close in, I could direct and frame that, then when I take the shot they move up and away.....

Great action shot. You've frozen the motion and the snow being kicked up on the turn.
The whites are great too, plenty of detail and not the grey that the exposure meter would have been trying for.

That`s a well timed shot Tim, showing the racer knocking over the gate. Great focus, but what takes my eye off is the copyright maybe make it smaller next time.

Thanks Dave. I hate the watermark too. I've started put it on for sports since I ran pixsy and it found copies of my pics have been popping up.

Great action shot. You've frozen the motion and the snow being kicked up on the turn.
The whites are great too, plenty of detail and not the grey that the exposure meter would have been trying for.

I was metered for a full stop over to avoid the grey!

Very good Over shot Sir, not only for the theme but in general, well composed, spot on colour & focus.(y)

George.

That`s a well timed shot Tim, showing the racer knocking over the gate. Great focus, but what takes my eye off is the copyright maybe make it smaller next time.

Yep - kills it stone dead for me.

Sorry Tim but I'm with "the Daves" on this one. It's without doubt a superb shot subsequently debassed before presentation....such a shame.

Bob

Stark - I had assumed it was a composite as its not great timing and set up good team work
Over - great skiing shots great whites and again you have capture the movement well.

Yep, very very nice image spoiled by a watermark sadly.
The curve of the pole is great, as the crips nature of the shot.

Second shot for me,too. Very good.

I also watermark my images (2800 matches currently on Pixsy) , but smaller and in a bottom corner. If someone uses them and removes the watermark, either by cropping or using Content Aware in Photoshop, that's proof enough that they have knowingly stolen a copyrighted image. I've had a few successful cases, and issued hundreds of take-downs, which is really easy using Pixsy.

Thanks very much for taking time to look and give feedback, much appreciated. I'm trying to do the same, it's not easy!

Stark is a real cool idea Tim and the effort put into the shot is also great, nice one :)

Over - Now that is fabulous timing, great framing and real good colours and light... nothing to add but :clap:

Tim that 2nd Over shot is just fantastic, you totally nailed it and imo is actually a classy shot so well done (y)(y)

Stark - I had assumed it was a composite as its not great timing and set up good team work
Over - great skiing shots great whites and again you have capture the movement well.

2nd shot for me Tim great action shot nicely exposed very nice indeed.

Excellent action shots and liking the low pov in both (y)

Over

I like both shots, they both work for the theme.

Yep, very very nice image spoiled by a watermark sadly.
The curve of the pole is great, as the crips nature of the shot.

Second shot for me,too. Very good.

I also watermark my images (2800 matches currently on Pixsy) , but smaller and in a bottom corner. If someone uses them and removes the watermark, either by cropping or using Content Aware in Photoshop, that's proof enough that they have knowingly stolen a copyrighted image. I've had a few successful cases, and issued hundreds of take-downs, which is really easy using Pixsy.

We had a lot of fun playing around with the long exposure portraits. Main learning points were moving sideways works, general motion or moving away or toward the camera just results in blur.

Sports action is one of my favorite things to shoot. Main learning points from the weekend were the importance of picking the best spot to get the low POV with a clean background (avoiding all the horrible brightly colored fences in the shot). and the need for my gym time for my legs to ski with 10kg of gear (the extra weight is surprisingly tiring)!

I'm torn by the watermarking at the moment, hate it but also hate being copied. @aliengrove thanks for your feedback on that. Sports seems especially prone, I'll ask @KIPAX about it too.

Wondering what the next theme will be :)

Stark - can't really add to what has already been said.

Over - these are great action shots, the second image is much better for composition. As the first image has the flagged cropped, but the lovely bright colours against the snow really do stand out.

Back