Tintagel

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to photograph the new bridge at Tintagel for English Heritage and it was a real treat to work on such a dramatic coastline. This was taken just as the first light started to creep over the hills.

Attachments

Last edited:
Name
Bat-Frog
Edit My Images
No
As above, it's a beautiful exposure, but for me it doesn't sufficiently showcase that lovely new bridge.

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
That new bridge will make the climb from the end of the old one up to castle level a distant memory!

Looking forward to heading down that way in a few weeks to stock up with Pegenna pasties. (And maybe a look at the new bridge.)

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I think the composition puts the bridge in its context and in that sense it works fine, for me anyway. My problem with the photo is it looks very soft, but seeing as no-one else has mentioned that perhaps its just me.

Edit My Images
No
I think the composition puts the bridge in its context and in that sense it works fine, for me anyway. My problem with the photo is it looks very soft, but seeing as no-one else has mentioned that perhaps its just me.
I agree that it appears soft, nice scene though. :)

OP
OP
justinminns
Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
I agree that it appears soft, nice scene though. :)
Yeah it does look soft, I must have posted a low res version by mistake, the original is certainly sharp

Last edited:
OP
OP
justinminns
Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
I like it because the bridge is such a small part of the whole image. It's a lovely bridge, but it is a bridge where there would never have been one and it can never entirely sit right in its environment, but keeping it small and distant just blends it all together. Yeah, I'm a bit strange............I know....................;)
Thanks, actually there was originally a bridge here joining the two parts of the castle together, the new bridge follows the same path.

OP
OP
justinminns
Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
That new bridge will make the climb from the end of the old one up to castle level a distant memory!

Looking forward to heading down that way in a few weeks to stock up with Pegenna pasties. (And maybe a look at the new bridge.)
Cuts out all of those steep steps and the view from there is great

Last edited:
Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
Thanks, actually there was originally a bridge here joining the two parts of the castle together, the new bridge follows the same path.
I thought originally there was a rock arch which fell down (I'm talking back when it was a real castle, not since it's been a grockle honeypot). I may well be wrong of course. I have been there, but not for a long time. So long I can't remember anything about it. I very rarely go to Cornwall - either too many people or it's closed.................;)

OP
OP
justinminns
Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
I thought originally there was a rock arch which fell down (I'm talking back when it was a real castle, not since it's been a grockle honeypot). I may well be wrong of course. I have been there, but not for a long time. So long I can't remember anything about it. I very rarely go to Cornwall - either too many people or it's closed.................;)
Yeah you could be right it was originally a natural land bridge but it joined the island and mainland in the same place