Tintagel

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
No
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to photograph the new bridge at Tintagel for English Heritage and it was a real treat to work on such a dramatic coastline. This was taken just as the first light started to creep over the hills.

p3544721663-6.jpg

Attachments

• 8S6A0559-Edit.jpg
    8S6A0559-Edit.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
As above, it's a beautiful exposure, but for me it doesn't sufficiently showcase that lovely new bridge.

I agree with Viv. Pics ok but not if its a picture of the bridge.

That new bridge will make the climb from the end of the old one up to castle level a distant memory!

Looking forward to heading down that way in a few weeks to stock up with Pegenna pasties. (And maybe a look at the new bridge.)

I like it because the bridge is such a small part of the whole image. It's a lovely bridge, but it is a bridge where there would never have been one and it can never entirely sit right in its environment, but keeping it small and distant just blends it all together. Yeah, I'm a bit strange............I know....................;)

I think the composition puts the bridge in its context and in that sense it works fine, for me anyway. My problem with the photo is it looks very soft, but seeing as no-one else has mentioned that perhaps its just me.

I think the composition puts the bridge in its context and in that sense it works fine, for me anyway. My problem with the photo is it looks very soft, but seeing as no-one else has mentioned that perhaps its just me.
I agree that it appears soft, nice scene though. :)

I agree that it appears soft, nice scene though. :)

Yeah it does look soft, I must have posted a low res version by mistake, the original is certainly sharp

Last edited:
I like it because the bridge is such a small part of the whole image. It's a lovely bridge, but it is a bridge where there would never have been one and it can never entirely sit right in its environment, but keeping it small and distant just blends it all together. Yeah, I'm a bit strange............I know....................;)

Thanks, actually there was originally a bridge here joining the two parts of the castle together, the new bridge follows the same path.

That new bridge will make the climb from the end of the old one up to castle level a distant memory!

Looking forward to heading down that way in a few weeks to stock up with Pegenna pasties. (And maybe a look at the new bridge.)
Cuts out all of those steep steps and the view from there is great

Last edited:
Thanks, actually there was originally a bridge here joining the two parts of the castle together, the new bridge follows the same path.

I thought originally there was a rock arch which fell down (I'm talking back when it was a real castle, not since it's been a grockle honeypot). I may well be wrong of course. I have been there, but not for a long time. So long I can't remember anything about it. I very rarely go to Cornwall - either too many people or it's closed.................;)

I thought originally there was a rock arch which fell down (I'm talking back when it was a real castle, not since it's been a grockle honeypot). I may well be wrong of course. I have been there, but not for a long time. So long I can't remember anything about it. I very rarely go to Cornwall - either too many people or it's closed.................;)

Yeah you could be right it was originally a natural land bridge but it joined the island and mainland in the same place

I agree not as sharp as it should be :(

Les

Could be the hosting site. My flickr sometimes ruins my shots too

Les :)

Back