Tintern Abbey.

Name
Mathew
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped along to Tintern Abbey for a wander and to see what more I can learn about photography / get some practice in. The sky was full of white cloud so decided to go with B&W. Would like your thoughts on these images please. Looking to improve my overall skill but particularly the image quality after some disappointing results at the Severn Bridge recently. Thanks in advance Matthew.

the warming house by matthew sutton, on Flickr
The south corridor by matthew sutton, on Flickr
The Presbytery by matthew sutton, on Flickr

The abbey by matthew sutton, on Flickr
To the cloister by matthew sutton, on Flickr
tintern abbey B&W by matthew sutton, on Flickr
tintern abbey B&W-2 by matthew sutton, on Flickr

Last edited:
First two links are dead..

(at that point I gave up..)

All the links supplied are leading to a Yahoo log in page.

Also for the OP I wouldn't call this shot of the Severn Bridge disappointing. I'd have it on my wall.
The OP's posted another thread about that image.. (y)

Sorry everyone. It looks like they were set to private. Hopefully you will be able to see them now I've changed it to public. Sorry.

Might want to post the actual images here rather than links.

Like this..

Code:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/SptuwP][img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/4/3866/33083481811_2944389da1_c.jpg[/img]tintern abbey B&W-2[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/suttonmatthew/]matthew sutton[/url], on Flickr

tintern abbey B&W-2 by matthew sutton, on Flickr

Sorry people, really having trouble trying to find the item location for the files. when i right click i just get copy link address which is the same as the one in the address bar :(

Sorry people, really having trouble trying to find the item location for the files. when i right click i just get copy link address which is the same as the one in the address bar :(
  1. Open the Flickr page with the photo
  2. Click on the Arrow below and to the right of the image
  3. Click on the BBcode tab
  4. Select the image size from the drop-down (Medium 800)
  5. Copy the code, paste into your forum post
You're missing out step 3.

1. Open the Flickr page with the photo
  2. Click on the Arrow below and to the right of the image
  3. Click on the BBcode tab
  4. Select the image size from the drop-down (Medium 800)
  5. Copy the code, paste into your forum post
You're missing out step 3.

Thank you Alastair, I've learned something today :) . The instructions in the other thread mentioned were awful. Managed to do it now, so all the pics should be above. Thanks again.

They are showing for me, and I like them.
Marmite taste of course regarding the frames, but the content looks sharp, well defined and lovely contrast.
I would pick 'The Abbey' as you have titled it: just an added breathing space on the top for me, full inclusion of the wall on the bottom and dialling back on the vignette and it's a wall hangar.

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback, It's strange when I look back at the photos just a week later, and wonder why I did what I did with the editing, I can see the frame I added to the Abbey has cropped some of the top of the photo away and I also wonder why I added such a strong vignette at the top right on some of the others. Do any of you look back at some of your photos and wonder why you did what you did at the time or just disliked them only a few weeks later after being relatively pleased at the time?

Back