tips on shooting bambi

Edit My Images
Yes
If they are tame deer first up be VERY careful at this time of year. If wild be pretty much equally careful,

Richard great images,watch the framing last is a bit tight to edges.,but you are doing great for me Try and get them facing you or looking back to you if possible. more engaging to your viewer. Use these stunning misty cold morning and that light,to maybe add more atmosphere. get low. but try and keep eyes free from veggies

If you are after rutting males be careful,if there are other togs,don't surround them,don't get to close don't try and feed,all silly things mate but ya know folks are folks needs to be said .

keep your SS up . In honesty Rich I think you are pretty much there already a bit more attention to detail with the head angles( HA) and some magical light can't hurt though. i realise you were up early had a quick look on flicky(y)

Mate just thoughts really I'm learning too.

stu

hi all thanks for the comments it all helps. yep 3am start and i was going to see an old friend so time limited. the rutting was great to watch as for me and most i guess wild reds in the highlands etc are too time consuming unless its your passion. i sat on a log and watched the rutting in that blue light of dawn before sunrise. didnt bother with the camera just let the time melt away. yep i agree with you some of the antics people use are a bit close to the mark. i stayed on my log with a friendly jackdaw and let the world come to me. cocky little bugger was taking ticks off one of the stags. most of my pics were 2000iso plus so nice memories only.

Back