B&W Titan Crane, Clydebank, Glasgow

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot whilst waiting for sunset, the hope was to get the Titan and the sunset in the same shot. Heavy cloud made it look like the sunset would be unlikely so I set about crossing the 'private property' gate with a view to capturing a moody, monochrome long exposure.

Fuji X-T10 with 10-24mm (at 10mm), ISO200, F11 and 140sec exposure with a 10 stop filter and edited in LR and Silver Efex Pro.

Hope you like it, but even if you don't please do let me know what you dislike about it / where you think I can improve.

Titan LE
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Many thanks

Ian

How about cropping away much of the LHS to leave a square image?

How about cropping away much of the LHS to leave a square image?

yes that is what i meant in my colour comment
it takes the shot to square then...almost and so i would also flip it
and call it the "enarc natit"

I like the p/p Ian, but also agree with a square crop. Looks like a place to revisit though.

I like the p/p Ian, but also agree with a square crop. Looks like a place to revisit though.
Thanks, Paul. I have tried the square crop and whilst it focuses on the crane a little more, I do like the almost negative space to the side if that makes sense?

A difference in artistic opinions perhaps. Thanks for stopping by anyway of course, and definitely somewhere I'll be revisiting.

Ian

I like the crop the way it is. To me it helps show how lost all the shipbuilding is on the Clyde.

Really like that. It's a shame that anticipation of a sunset compromised the composition?

I like the crop the way it is. To me it helps show how lost all the shipbuilding is on the Clyde.

good shot

Superb work
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
I think the sky just needs bringing down a little.
I did play with the sky quote a bit and settled as is due to wanting a final image with higher contrast. I think on this case it's definitely more artistic intent on my part. Thanks for commenting.
Really like that. It's a shame that anticipation of a sunset compromised the composition?
I'd agree to an extent. It still works for me, but do concede there may be better compositions there. A return visit will definitely be on the cards.

Back