To catch a fox some background

Little add on as late in from work..seems Mrs mum has brought us at least 4 cubs maybe 5.............we are 100% on 4 Shaz just isn't sure if the 5th was mum or a 5th cub.

Do have some pics though proper funny hog pic to start the eve.............can't post anything yet as PSCC has to update which takes eons here .

What's going on here right now is a wildlife image makers dream fox cub sat on front door step waiting to mug it's kin....mum is nursing here I haven't seen that but Shaz has........

ya know in life when somethiing so so special is right there for the taking and it's just out of reach so near and yet so far

dat's me right now :(

Another long day........................if lucky ya might get a piccy started updating PSCC at 3AM this morn it just got done before I started work. Before I go off to try playing editing some interesting observational stuff...............

LMAO I adore nature I look hard ya know watch like a hawk an all that................it don't mean I know anyfing but it does make me think about what I see /saw and naturally an imaginative mind then jumps to conclusions...tis me I own the lack of science so own most of what I jump to is wrong. But one keeps looking and slowly starts to narrow things down.

So me next proposal observation driven naturally is this......................I have a dog fox with two ladies, 2 vixens, coming here right now both with cubs That might account for so many cubs and is backed by 3 adult foxes in garden last night.........there seems no conflict no argy bargy with the adults..they were feeding close to each other last night. Cubs drifted in and out I could not watch long enough to fullfill my needs to observe : I'm already a train wreck dealing with my special needs site agents

All these observations all THIS, is counter intuitive to all I know of charlie fox so it's utterly beguiling to me , I need to fathom it but can't put in the hours to unravel

That's enough waffle want to play piccies

bye

One of lots of frames taken in one night in an epically sleep deprived state I'll post for crit elsewhere but one for this thread 3 years in....................II am preddy sure this is cubbin's as a mum but now cetain and as always open to being proved wrong

_S2I4800 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

take care

stu

I'm not envious at all :ROFLMAO:
you shouldn't be you are an insomniac an it all happens while ya kip :LOL:

Ahh mate.ya know the simple joy of nature HER little things that are monsters to us

dat's this bud with no ferkin light to prey upon..

.the madness of it all Gav hiding a lens in one's ladies skirt shooting continuous when flash should do better

The insanity of the ISO

The beaut though for me is wider than an iimage it's 2 girls poppiing thier kids in a creche when they really shouldn't

that's the gig that beguiles

you shouldn't be you are an insomniac an it all happens while ya kip :LOL:

Ahh mate.ya know the simple joy of nature HER little things that are monsters to us

dat's this bud with no ferkin light to prey upon..

.the madness of it all Gav hiding a lens in one's ladies skirt shooting continuous when flash should do better

The insanity of the ISO

The beaut though for me is wider than an iimage it's 2 girls poppiing thier kids in a creche when they really shouldn't

that's the gig that beguiles
I know but I can only find foxes once a year, I must try harder :D

Good stuff always happens when you can't see it, beasts play hard in the dark :p

You'll get a caution if your seen with a camera upskirts :exit:

Hope they stay, enjoy Stu and TFS (y)

While we do get foxes in the front garden, it's too open to leave a camera out. Spent 15+ minutes watching a couple of youngsters playing over the road this morning but nowhere near enough light (or close enough!) for a photo at 06:00 while they were running around!

Thanks (as always) for sharing the shots and tales.

Like a fool I got up at dawn and naturally nowt showed actually little was here in the night only saw one cub, lets hope they are about tonight as I've just set lights up. Lol which already is being used by a blue tit..the liberties my ickle mates take here is just not cricket :runaway: ;) Steven's post( on t'other thread crit forum has resonated with me ( THANKYOU MATE I honestly felt sort of stuck in a rut if ya like.

So hope sommit shows as have tried to be a bit more creative lighting wise:banana: We'll see how that goes if we get a chance all eggs in one basket SOB

Gav my upskirting is ok mate A bush needs to be 3M or so away to be in focus.......my defense is rested your honour:headbang::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Gav your a bad influence on an innocent guy that just uses OTB methods to make innocent images.but I'm a builder mate wotdoya expect:sneaky:

Oh mate if one doesn't use food and doesn't hone in on a set...then charlie fox is no easy beastie to tag, Once a year is ok bro.so yes mate I utterly get joy from this.

As always Nod it's not just the image.tis the soul food.also up early no foxes but maybe got a GWS image. Our GWS male is a regular visitor these last weeks we have 2 females last weeks............... one is his lady............... one not. Nod it's a lovely thing that these shy birds get used to the mad folks that live here and slowly a bond of trust forms.we await the kids I'd guess not long now as the mum's have started to show.

Had to stop writing as the maggies kicked off then rushed food. Which probably meant fox didn't come....need to put fox on a dime with the food

Its getting dark starting to see how the lights might work needed to rejig me set up was pants

and now

we wait;):)

Ha I thought I left one other reply but never hit submit as the first cub turned up around 11pm. I toughed it out till around 2.15 only saw cubs but had for here at the same time around 1PM. For me at least this is a tough hard game I left the front door an utter wreck and am still feeling the after effects as I write now. hoping to edit somethiing in a while.

Some thoughts maybe I'd have been better with my original pants set up....trying to back light....rim liight is hard core for hours in the dark when there is no subject between one and light. I probably needed that light pointing towards me to be stronger IE more powerful....which incidentally is what I changed and probably regret. I guess I got as close as possibly to putting a fox on said dime, but man that is one hell of an ask. I didn't for sure get the frames.frame I was hoping for.

There is a monster of a learning curve going on here and I learnt tonnes and tonnes........want to have another bash but can't for work pressures until weekend which sucks. I guess me next effort is going to be set it all up wait till dark switch it all on and get a big teddy:love:

Lol a big teddy is mainly for me to cuddle and to help with my MH issues, but I'm going to use said teddy ( read mistreat it) as a substitute fox cub IE a model and try and work me lights around fella then try agin to put foxy fox on a dime and see how it all pans out.

I simply don't shoot enough with my lights so am utterly in the all the gear no idea zone.but can sort of see the results I'd like to go for in me 'ead.

We will see on this one.I am utterly in no mans land but the learning is cool. Might come back with a pic later need to play with PS

Ta for reading

stu

I'll double post the effort as this ain't really a crit section have brain ache from screaming at PSCC have tried to add a radial gradient mask fingy.(Dale you know not what you do) to compensate for not being bright enough to know I needed a teddy to craft better lighting :runaway: :LOL:

Jees I used a teddy to get a goldie landing I have no excuses:headbang:

Anyways trying to stay on topic here's me starter for 10 WIP sure but a start

_S2I5463 rim light experiment smj Tdn by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Did you manage to get a radial mask on it Stu?
lets say yes I think so in case I've messed up I'm seriously fried buddy.j ust wanted to lift the bkg more but tis gentle mate wanted it right in camera not make up in post.

Gav wish I could do any of this quick :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sorry, after seeing your other thread, I see this may not be the look you're after, and I apologise for adding it here :)
Gav..poppet, :LOL: you are trying to help me be better as I do you ( besides us being mad sods and having a laugh..you should never need to apologise for that least of all to me kiddo.you have given your time to share

that rocks Gav (y)

Yeah I know manners maketh an all ............ nuff said.

I like seeing someone else's take mate doesn't matter to me where it's placed It's interestiing shooting at night with tiny lights mate there isn't really the same constraint to be exact to me.............to try to replicate what we saw, like we try to do in daylight wildlife image making .sort of a place to be creative if ya like in post

after all the whole shebang is artificial so why not run with it?

Back