Today in the garden...with my new toy.

Darn good stuff there, Andrew! (y)(y)(y)

Why the XMP Toolkit?

Nice set Andy
I need to have a look around for beeflies

Thanks all. :)

Canon 70D with MPE-65mm and Yongnuo ring flash. Hand held and in bright sun light. Iv'e only had this lens 2 days so need to practise.

Setup is working really well[emoji106]. Do you use extra diffusion on the ringflash?

Very nice shots, Looks like this jumper was camera shy lol.
I was going to point that out about your sensor, 2nd shot shows it well.
I wish Nikon done a lens like this.

Setup is working really well[emoji106]. Do you use extra diffusion on the ringflash?

Thanks. I didn't use any diffusion. This may have worked because the day was so bright. Trouble with ring flashes is the awful reflection you get in spiders eyes or shiney subjects. I dropped my speed light on the first day of having this lens,and although it still works i can't see the display any more. Grrr.

Very nice shots, Looks like this jumper was camera shy lol.
I was going to point that out about your sensor, 2nd shot shows it well.
I wish Nikon done a lens like this.

Ooops, didn't edit those out very well :(

Congrats on getting the MPE .... wouldn't recommend the ring light at all though especially not diffused, if I recall correctly anything over 3x and the light power struggled with the yongnuo!

But as things go these are great first attempts and you'll soon get used to it...

Congrats on getting the MPE .... wouldn't recommend the ring light at all though especially not diffused, if I recall correctly anything over 3x and the light power struggled with the yongnuo!

But as things go these are great first attempts and you'll soon get used to it...

Thanks Bryn. I didn't get a congrats from the wife though, all i got was a :mad:.....Totally agree about the ring flash. After breaking my speed light on the first day i had to try something..but the good news is that it's put me in the market for that Yongnuo twin flash thingy :) Just got to convince her indoors..:eek:

Last edited:
Thanks Bryn. I didn't get a congrats from the wife though, all i got was a :mad:.....Totally agree about the ring flash. After breaking my speed light on the first day i had to try something..but the good news is that it's put me in the market for that Yongnuo twin flash thingy :) Just got to convince her indoors..:eek:

Good luck.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Awesome shots, very detailed. Love the spider, naturally. :cool: I'm assuming that's the one you were talking about in my last thread!

Thank you, and yes the very one. Today i found some more on flowers but i was practicing with no flash, too embarrassing to show :(

Last edited:

Mine works at 5x, the only problem I have had (apart from diffusion) is that it had a problem with not shutting after one year, which I have fixed with velcro (it was a bit tricky).
I know a lot of photographers don't like ring flashes but there are some great ones who use them.

Back