Todays birds.

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Apart from the long tailed tit (lackford Lakes), all the rest were in my apple trees today, and taken from about 14 yards away, from the warmth of me living room.

The light was poor almost all day, it came out for a second on this praying bluetit.

Canon7228.jpg

This is the first dunnock I've managed to photograph in a tree. A tad skittish.

Canon7110.jpg

This was'nt taken in my garden.They are even more skittish

Canon7008.jpg

Another chaffinch.

Canon7161.jpg

This came out very dark, I had to adjust it in PS. Not too good mind.
But it's the first one I've ever seen, let alone get a piccy of.

Canon7121.jpg

A blue tit.

Canon7363.jpg

And last of all a Robin

Canon7280.jpg

All a bit soft, but this lens is'nt very sharp unless there lots of light. Never the less, I'm really chuffed with all the wild birds that are flocking around me :)

Last edited:
A great range there....even more so than me :razz: :LOL:

The LTT shot is really nice...good pose, nice scene! I like it a lot :)

Nice set, like the Robin, and the dunnock is a help with the ID I've been after, looks simaler.

A nice set, well done.

great pics. hope i can take some that good. some day soon. regards. gboy.

A great range there....even more so than me :razz: :LOL:

The LTT shot is really nice...good pose, nice scene! I like it a lot :)

Thanks Phil :) I only started feeding them in spring. It looks like I'm starting to get a few rarities.

Nice set, like the Robin, and the dunnock is a help with the ID I've been after, looks simaler.

Ta Cosmix :) Was that with the white bird? This pose is when it's about to take off, there usually more rounded when stood naturaly.

A nice set, well done.

great pics. hope i can take some that good. some day soon. regards. gboy.

I'm sure you will, at least, and a lot better too I hope :)

nice set, but what have you done to the backgrounds birds all look stuck on
I agree actually, I guess you have either made a selective sharpen on the bird and foreground branches, or a selective blur on the background section. You'd have been better doing a smart sharpen or USM on the entire image, or (forgive me) making a better job of selecting the bird and sharpening only that.

Any chance of posting the originals...?

Ta Cosmix :) Was that with the white bird? This pose is when it's about to take off, there usually more rounded when stood naturaly.

That was the one I was on about, have since had a reply from the RSPB and they are of the oppinion that it is an Albino Robin.

nice set, but what have you done to the backgrounds birds all look stuck on

They do indeed :LOL: I've been practicing different ways of treating busy backgrounds. I figured I'd gone over the top with some of the backgrounds, but was'nt sure if they were acceptable. Thanks for your honest crit, letting me know they're not :)

I agree actually, I guess you have either made a selective sharpen on the bird and foreground branches, or a selective blur on the background section. You'd have been better doing a smart sharpen or USM on the entire image, or (forgive me) making a better job of selecting the bird and sharpening only that.

Any chance of posting the originals...?

Thanks Musicman, Yes, as I said to dreamuk above. :)

I've been practicing with PS and probably done all you suggested and more, it will all come together in time :D

Thanks for your comment, gives me an idea what to do the next time :)

These are not the best of shots, so they were ideal material to practice on. Hardly worth showing the originals.

That was the one I was on about, have since had a reply from the RSPB and they are of the oppinion that it is an Albino Robin.

Ah........I wondered what it would turn out to be. What an unusual shot (y)

Back