Todays Bugs 16th May 2017

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Its... Weevil Kenievil...

weevil-1544.jpg

Two Metallic Green Beetles - I hadn't realised there were 2 until I viewed on a large screen.

green-beetles-1546.jpg

Ladybird

ladybird-1549.jpg

Hoverfly...

hoverfly-1525.jpg

Aracnids - 2 spiders on one leaf...

spider-1528.jpg

spider-1529.jpg

Harvestman - Opiliones - both harvestmen and spiders are arachnids, though the two orders are not otherwise closely related.

harvestman-1535.jpg

All Black Fly

all-black-fly-1537.jpg

Very nice work.

Last edited:
Thanks all, to be honest I'm not so sure with the flies/hoverflies, but I have seen that first one with the strips quite often, so I've probably identified before, not so sure about the all black fly as it's the first time I think I've seen one.

Thanks all, to be honest I'm not so sure with the flies/hoverflies, but I have seen that first one with the strips quite often, so I've probably identified before, not so sure about the all black fly as it's the first time I think I've seen one.
Certainly looks like a St Mark's fly with those long legs - did they dangle limply when it flew?

Smashing set of pics. The green beetles - a small male and the larger female, are green dock beetles, Gastrophysa viridula, I think

Thanks Steve, I didn't notice the all black fly flying, but I have been seeing ones with long dangly legs flying about.

Back