Today's outing

Some lovely shots there, just look at the mouth in the 2nd shot, such a killing machine but lots of people dont know that.
The Emerald is special, I have the Southern green Emerald here.

Some lovely shots there, just look at the mouth in the 2nd shot, such a killing machine but lots of people dont know that.
The Emerald is special, I have the Southern green Emerald here.
Cheers Graham, that mouth does look pretty fierce. I haven't seen too may of the emeralds about this year and this one was super skittish but they are probably one of my favorite damsels along with the demoiselles.

Awesome stuff Ryan. I love the mating pair, the reed behind is a little distracting but not much you can do about that, it's still lovely. 4 is also a cracker but the whole set is very good.

Awesome stuff Ryan. I love the mating pair, the reed behind is a little distracting but not much you can do about that, it's still lovely. 4 is also a cracker but the whole set is very good.
Thanks Dale, I know what you mean about the reed but sometimes nature just doesn't want to be cooperative. I tried to crop the shot to keep the reed and the grass they are perched on evenly spaced to mitigate the distraction factor but it might have had the opposite effect...

I wouldn't worry too much about it Ryan, wish that shot was mine. ;)

Nice work Ryan some could do with a lift in exposure IMO.
The wasp is great.

Nice work Ryan some could do with a lift in exposure IMO.
The wasp is great.
Thanks Alf, any one in particular that looks under exposed to you? They all look pretty good on my monitor ( to me at least) and I would have said the wasp was the darkest of the lot.

Thanks Alf, any one in particular that looks under exposed to you? They all look pretty good on my monitor ( to me at least) and I would have said the wasp was the darkest of the lot.
Ryan
Do you calibrate you monitor with a calibration tool?
Also have a look at the histograms.

Ryan
Do you calibrate you monitor with a calibration tool?
Also have a look at the histograms.
No on the calibration tool, I don't have access to one so I just calibrated it using the windows calibration options.
Just had a look at the histograms and only one was on the dark side, is this a bit better?
IMG_3978v2.jpg

Back