Today's selection

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Lovely day today, mist cleared quickly and gave way to clear blue sky and sunshine.
Sadly though the lack of species was still evident ... just a few available for me to practice on.
Used the D850 with 200-500 and 1.4 TC.

1. Teal coming into full colour.

Teal
by Roger, on Flickr

2. Lapwing stretching.

Lapwing
by Roger, on Flickr

3. Redshank feeding.

Redshank
by Roger, on Flickr

4. Ruff.

Ruff
by Roger, on Flickr

Very nice set and the lapwing and redshank are my pick of the bunch. We got a break with the weather too and the light this time of year is good, even at midday, allowing decent shutter speeds. The detail and sharpness as a result, like these ones, makes all the difference. (y)

Very nice set and the lapwing and redshank are my pick of the bunch. We got a break with the weather too and the light this time of year is good, even at midday, allowing decent shutter speeds. The detail and sharpness as a result, like these ones, makes all the difference. (y)
Nice detail in this set, Roger - the Ruff being my favourite of your selection :)

Russ

Thanks guys :)
I try to go out regardless of the light as it a) lets me pursue my hobby and b) gives me some more exercise ... but it was a stark reminder that light is everything and the difference good light makes is astounding. :)

Back