Today's shooting (My best yet!)

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

I have been playing in the garden once more today and I have been able to snap some more birds, and a bee or two ;)

Let me know what you think!

18052196422_004f81a748_h.jpg" width="1600" height="885"

17432967074_6c87018272_h.jpg" width="1600" height="850"

17432977264_8a1cf6d805_h.jpg" width="1600" height="1141"

17432986304_7fe6efd12d_h.jpg" width="1600" height="1173"

18055593555_152a7c3d80_h.jpg" width="1600" height="1182"

The Robin is over saturated/over processed Ryan

every image is a different size

two of the images are insects ...... this is the Bird Section

Last edited:
They're very nice shots, certainly getting better :)

One point though, maybe you should post these in the sticky at the top of the bird section?

The thread "Birds in the garden" was intended for these exact kind of shots. Link here : https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/birds-in-your-garden.399403/page-6

Otherwise this part of the forum gets flooded with garden birds :)

That thread was started purely to discuss if people had noticed a decline with whatever species in their garden.This is the bird section and as far as I am aware this is where bird shots go,garden birds or birds out in the field ;)

I disagree with Bill,the Robin is hardly what I would call over saturated,it does however have a lot of wasted space around it,and the backdrop is probably what most people dislike.However in saying that it`s all new to you and you will only improve hopefuly.The Blue tits again are sharp enough but the setting is not ideal.It looks like you have no problem attracting them in your garden anyhow,you could try tacking a small moss covered branch or similar somewhere and do away with the plastic pot,spread a small amount of crunchy peanut butter on the back of the branch so it does not show in your final shot,and you will instantly have a more natural perch for them.

Robin does look a tad redder than normal.

"Every image is a different size".................so what, doesn`t matter.

Two insect shots in the bird section.......lets hang the guy.

Seriously, try and set some twigs/branches/natural perches up so that the feeders are not in the shot. If you need any help doing that, just ask mate.

"Every image is a different size".................so what, doesn`t matter.

There is no reason for you not to use any size that you want,

however, over the years photographers and designers have developed a group of "standard" proportions that they feel are appropriate to showing images in the best way allowing control of, and help with, composition ................ obeying the basis rules.

Such sizes are incorporated in most photographic processing applications and are used by printing houses when producing prints.

IMHO it is good to know and use these as a aid and a basis for any crops that you do........ they do matter as they will help you with your composition .. especially when beginning

Last edited:
There is no reason for you not to use any size that you want,

however, over the years photographers and designers have developed a group of "standard" proportions that they feel are appropriate to showing images in the best way allowing control of, and help with, composition ................ obeying the basis rules.

Such sizes are incorporated in most photographic processing applications and are used by printing houses when producing prints.

IMHO it is good to know and use these as a aid and a basis for any crops that you do........ they do matter as they will help you with your composition .. especially when beginning
The guy is starting Bill, stop being so bloody pedantic.

The guy is starting Bill, stop being so bloody pedantic.

I am trying to help him .. saying that it does not matter is the reverse of help

If he uses "standard" sizes it will help with his composition - no point in reinventing the wheel

Last edited:
Back