weekly TomD13’s 52 challenge (2020) - Week 25: Snappers Choice

Definitely #1 for me - for once the sharper image is my preference! Hope you were being supervised when playing with matches.

Good idea Tom, and they all match too :coat:

Nice set - struck it right :)

Image Number 1 for me Tom.
Maybe revisit it as a stacked image to get everything in focus if your struggling.

Very nice and spotlessly clean. The clarinets I remember from my school days always seemed to be tarnished and dull. The B&W treatment works well for the subject.

I like the shallow DoF Tom and the way you've used the sheet music as a background. Works well in mono.

Lovely mono and dof :)

Week 18: Music
My wife used to play the clarinet, although it has been in a wardrobe for a little while. There's no time like lockdown to practice :)

TP52 - Clarinet
by Tom Dimmock, on Flickr

Stunning composition the shallow DOF with the music in the background really makes it. This is my favourite shot you have submitted so far.

Week 18: Music
My wife used to play the clarinet, although it has been in a wardrobe for a little while. There's no time like lockdown to practice :)

TP52 - Clarinet

That`s a cracking image Tom, lighting is handled very well and for a mono it looks great.

Nothing at all to dislike about this picture and plenty to like. Stunning. My favourite of the theme so far.

Nice set of images Tom No 1 for me
#1 definitely feels the stronger of the images, it needs the deeper DoF and the brightness imo.
Nice set - struck it right :)
Hi Tom,

Image 1 for me too. Nice to see them against a plain black BG.
I like the more than one image you selected and the flame one. Work well on the black background.
Thank you all! :)

Very nice and spotlessly clean. The clarinets I remember from my school days always seemed to be tarnished and dull. The B&W treatment works well for the subject.
Thank you! To be fair, I spent more time cleaning the clarinet for this photo than I did positioning, lighting, shooting and processing this photo!! So many small, yet shiny parts that needed to be polished!

That`s a cracking image Tom, lighting is handled very well and for a mono it looks great.
Thanks Dave! It took a while to get the light right, but am very pleased with the result :giggle:

Nothing at all to dislike about this picture and plenty to like. Stunning. My favourite of the theme so far.
Thank you so much David! Very kind of you :)

That's nicely composed Tom and works well in black and white.
Thank you Clive - its hard to know what to do whilst mulling round the house

Lovely mono image. Sharp in all the right places.
Thank you Helen!

Week 19: Colourful

TP52(20) - 19 - Colourful

Week 20: Old
This is an 1893 Gold Sovereign that was given to me by my great aunt shortly after I was born.

TP52(20) - 20 - Old

Week 21: Liquid
This was an accidental photo opportunity - I was actually trying to get a 'Splash Technique' with an oversized martini glass, but following a little accident I liked the shapes of the spillage!

TP52(20) - 21 - Liquid

Week 22: Household Item (plus Black & White technique)

TP52(20) - 22 - Household Item

Week 23: Hidden (Away)
This is a pretty rubbish photo, but I took it in pure desperation of something hidden

TP52(20) - 23 - Hidden (Away)

Week 24: Small

TP52(20) - 24 - Small

Great take on small - and a good catch up.

Nice catch up Tom, good take on small.

Great catch up, liquid and small my favourites.

Back