Tonight's Few

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Grabbed some to keep the shutter count moving... :)

1200canker.jpg

1200eggies2.jpg

1200eggies1.jpg

1200orb2.jpg

1200orb3.jpg

Paul.

Nice finds, what are those yellow eggs Paul ?
As it goes, what is that 1st shot ?.
Spring is arriving this weekend for you so should see loads of photos soon :)

Nice finds, what are those yellow eggs Paul ?
As it goes, what is that 1st shot ?.
Spring is arriving this weekend for you so should see loads of photos soon :)

Ladybird eggs Graham m8 - most likely the Harlequin.

The first shot I suspect is Woolly Aphids... they are a pain in the backside.

Paul.

I was going to ask the same question re the first shot. It looks like tiny woodlice amongst the fluffy stuff. The ring-flash gives the spider a very menacing air!

Cheers Nige - she's gonna been seen a few more times if she stays on the bird table.

Paul.

Great set of images Paul, and well up to your usual high standard.(y)

George.

Nice stuff Paul I especially like the spider shots

As always they look superb!

On a side note Paul, I really need to have a go.. I have a dedicated Fuji macro lens and my Olympus has macro on it but given the Fuji lens is made for it is magnification is pretty poor...
Any recommendations? I have canon, Olympus, Sony and Fuji kit.. Extension tubes for the Fuji perhaps?

As always they look superb!

On a side note Paul, I really need to have a go.. I have a dedicated Fuji macro lens and my Olympus has macro on it but given the Fuji lens is made for it is magnification is pretty poor...
Any recommendations? I have canon, Olympus, Sony and Fuji kit.. Extension tubes for the Fuji perhaps?

I use Olympus kit for all my photos Andrew
I suggest a new thread though for this.

Andrew - there is a good write up about extension tubes here Andrew > http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/macro-extension-tubes-closeup.htm

They would work on most lenses/camera combos (not sure about the CSC) including your Fuji 60mm, but the further reduction in DoF that macro creates with tubes is more difficult to control due to the lack of it!

I only use Canon DSLR's, and I would recommend a macro lens for the pure quality the glass gives. A 60mm macro is more difficult to use as you have to be nearer to the subject - so I would recommend something like a Sigma 105 EX OS which is not overly expensive (if you go Sony, the image stabiliser is not included in the lens because Sony use sensor shift technology of course).

It may be worth trying macro filters (various dioptres) as a cheap way to learn macro though these reduce quality as you add additional glass layers to the lens. For more money, one of the Raynox lens attachments would be great to get into macro a mid-range price.

HTH.

Paul.

Back