Too hot in Scotland..................!

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
No
I've just finished processing my images from NW Scotland last May. These are a couple from the last day we were there. The plan was to do the circuit of Stac Pollaidh, giving my partner the option of the summit. The forecast was 29 deg.............yeah, right, we thought............except it really was. We got out of the car into what felt like an oven, looked at the steepness, my leg was suffering from an old injury, and thought no, it'll keep. So we bummed around the loch for a while then wended a slow way home. Here's a couple of images.

Stac Pollaidh. It's on the hit list.

Stac Pollaidh by Jannyfox, on Flickr

One of the most difficult things is often trying to find somewhere to park while I take photos. Fortunately my partner was able pull in at the top of the fishery access track while I walked back up the road and climbed a rocky hummock.

Looking out over Isle Martin from above Ardmair by Jannyfox, on Flickr

I remember getting talked into climbing this one August in the mid 80s, got up early "as you have to start early" and we made the top in low cloud/scotch mist and generally drab conditions. By the time we got back down to the carpark the sun was breaking through and all clouds lifted within half an hour, giving what would have been wonderful views and photos. Ah, well ..... I really like the way you've caught the cloud sitting right over it as it almost makes it look like a volcano!

No such thing as too hot. I remember that weekend. I was tapps aff in Glencoe shooting reflections and it was all lovely and green.

Can’t wait for summer to come back.
This last one is really lovely. I could look at that view all day

No such thing as too hot. I remember that weekend. I was tapps aff in Glencoe shooting reflections and it was all lovely and green.

Can’t wait for summer to come back.
This last one is really lovely. I could look at that view all day

I'm strange, Steve. I don't like it hot, especially when I'm out walking, up a steep hill carrying a rucksack. I once came too close for comfort to heatstroke out on Dartmoor, in September. It's a funny thing - my partner's Scottish and likes the heat, I've lived in the south west all my life and hate the heat.

I'm strange, Steve. I don't like it hot, especially when I'm out walking, up a steep hill carrying a rucksack. I once came too close for comfort to heatstroke out on Dartmoor, in September. It's a funny thing - my partner's Scottish and likes the heat, I've lived in the south west all my life and hate the heat.

I am unusual for a landscaper I suspect for enjoying the heat and summer to that in winter. I just hate the feeling of cold air.

Scotland is humid, which makes the heat enervating for many people. It doesn't bother me too much (Hong Kong was far worse in summer) but I love the searing dry heat of the SA highveld. + 30C is just fine....

Back