1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Eight photographers at a league two match Accrington v Mansfield and nothing used in any of the nationals this morning...

OK not all on the wire but still ..

Mine are safe for the local paper so guaranteed published and paid.. Someone from mansfield local paper same as me and club photographers for each team..... Eight is overkill for a league 2 game with two shall we say uninspiring teams..

2. fhoneill

fhoneill

Name:
    Craig
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I've experienced similar recently. I usually have a look through the papers over the next few days and on a good week half of the photographers have been published.

Have seen some bizarre stuff recently too. Went to one game where there were four photographers, all on the sign-in sheet, shooting for the one club. Given the level it was at and the status of the club I don't believe for one second they were paying for three shooters.

I've always maintained that I'd rather do as I did yesterday and take a local amateur level game where I've negotiated prices up front than a professional league level match where something like the above can happen. Waste of time for half the guys there by the sounds of it.

3. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Oh yeagh I will always make more money from grass roots than pro.. but I need to do certain amount of jobs for paper per week.. so get paid :)

4. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    9 nine! photographers for a league 2 game on sat... 6 on the wire while game on... Only one national paper publishes pics from lg 2 and then its pics or pic from maybe 2 or 3 matches from 20 odd.... so I reckon maybe 3 of us got paid on sat...... i was going to say unbelievable but.....

5. GooGaBu

GooGaBu

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Photographing football at any level in England is getting to be a nice 'hobby' ;-) Or maybe your Accrington are hitting the big time now... or the other explanation is that they've all come to see the famous Kipax !! :)

Liam1901 likes this.
  6. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    haha international weekend may have a lot to do with it :) 3 home volunteer photographers not on wire... Me for local paper (paid) leaves 5 extra.. You would presume one away club and maybe one away paper so that's three agencies?

7. asterix

asterix

Name:
    Ste
    Edit My Images:
    No
    That's not a lot on spec though really is it. 3 shooting on spec. I'd say the 3 club shooters is overkill if anything

8. DemiLion

DemiLion

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    There's a rather obvious reason for that happening this weekend.

9. GooGaBu

GooGaBu

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I know I did few ‘on spec’ jobs years ago... not for long though.
    And it really did make me think.. which other jobs you go and work 5 hours in... and only know afterwards whether you will get paid or not?

10. GordonM

GordonM

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I’m afraid I was very naughty when a Premier League side came to the League 2 side I worked for hoping for an upset and sacking of manager. Fleet Streets finest started asking me why they couldn’t sit where they liked so the could capture the manager’s demise in glorious wide angle close up, rather than being stuck behind the goals. I did point out if they came every week like I did they would be able to. Especially frustrating was that after the ‘wrong’ result not one national used a single picture anyway.

KIPAX likes this.
  11. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I love it when they (the big boys) come to accrington for a night match and even with a 1dx they are nearly crying... and there pics are darker than the pitch..

12. GordonM

GordonM

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Been to worse.....
    Scarborough for an FA Cup match, blown lamps on the floodlights - you could see the dark patches in the corners with the naked eye. Convey Island in December. There’s loads more!

13. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Been to them all.. including canvey island for a night match 12 years ago..worse lights and even worse camera equipment :)

14. Bluesman graham

Bluesman graham

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have to say the rise of Huddersfield Town to the dizzy highs of the Premiership has opened my eyes to a fight for a seat lol.
    I have a dilemma though as I cover for the local paper & so cannot "put down my monopod" as I don't know the direction of play! they do of course usually follow a plan but twice this season have "been turned" & a mad scramble ensues.

I cannot say it's all bad as I now get to meet a largely superb bunch of guys I use to only see once a blue moon :). but the group has gone from 5-10 snappers to 15-20+ each game!!.

15. KIPAX

KIPAX Waldorf

Name:
    KIPAX
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well..the opposite tonight.... No club photographers from accrington or guiseley ...just one yorkshire paper, one agency and me for lancashire paper...1st round proper of fa cup replay... was amazed at the lack of photographers for a change..