Too much flash! Can this be saved?!

Did you shoot RAW. If so then yes it can be saved a little.

I actually quite like it the way it is.

Unfortunately not :(

I've tried playing about with the tone in lightroom but the skin goes very pink and blotchy.
Then when I correct the pinky/red skin it looks too overdone and very fake.

A bit stuck!

You might struggle to pull it back in colour, those blown cheeks might turn yellowy with no detail as you pull it down - hard to know from a small version but give it a try.... but, it is a shot you could have a go at making a high key mono image from if you like it and can't rescue it any other way. You would normally light and shoot to get the effect but have a play with it in mono, adjusting curves and brightness/contrast to get the desired effect. This is just a really quick edited version done on my laptop, would be much easier to do with full size version, but it is really to see if you like it and whether you want to have a go.

peachedit.jpg

Had a go but struggled tweaking it to much creates noise, maybe the colour is a bit strong but best I could do...

baby3.jpg

Yeah thats what I found.

Thanks for your efforts!

I think I'll just scrap this one!

There's enough in the skin tone to recover, but the sleeves have had it, I'm afraid. Could possibly do more with a bigger file if there is one.

c660b3cf.jpg

How about this version? Loaded into Photoshop Elements 10, background layer duplicated and blend mode set to Multiply to give it some contrast. Top layer duplicated again for more contrast. Hue/Saturation adjustment layer with saturation of the Reds reduced to -25.

30tmg02.jpg

It was a really cute high-key shot where everything leads your eyes up to the baby's eyes. A nice photo that was just a little underexposed but not by any means a write-off.

That's brilliant!
Thanks for your skills help!

I'll try adjusting the tone curves in Lightroom.

Cheers!

Back