Tools of the trade

Edit My Images
No
Glockmagscomp.jpg

1/50sec
F4.5
ISO 400
28mm

That's not the sort of magazine I normally look at - too many bullet points. :shock: :p

Interesting - flat points on the rounds - we still use 9mm parabellum (Luger) which has a more pointy tip to it - special Cop issue perhaps?
We use a mixture of Browning GP35, Glock 17 and Sig P228 in our trade and the ammo's all the same.
Though being a retro fanatic, I still rate the best handgun I've used was the (very) old walther P38 that my granddad gave me and which I used to good effect on Op Granby (1st Gulf war to the rest of you). Sadly it was pinched by a Yank after the fighting was done with.

Arkady said:
Interesting - flat points on the rounds

More accurate (but less range) and more likely to pass through bone to penetrate vital organs. Could be worse - when I worked in France my colleagues and I all got issued with Manurhin MR-73's and, I kid you not, cross-cut hollow-point rounds.

Nice shot :LOL: steve

The ultra shallow DOF works well, Did you do any with a few rounds out of the clip?

good shot, lol

Is everyone here in the forces, or mercinaries!?!?! snowball

Good pic, Steve. BTW is the red star vinyl or mag-mount? Looks loose or the RHS?

They are soft point purely to prevent over penetration. Designed to fragment as soon as the hit the subject. Not good for them but good for anyone behind.

No pics with rounds out of the mags. Will revisit the subject got some ideas bouncing about.

And it is proper stick on vinyl, execpt it does not like jet washes and lifts at the edges.

Some of our CT guys use Glaser Rounds which have (I believe as I've never actually used them myself) a 'floating' round inside a teflon casing - this is designed to penetrate body armour up to level III and to cavitate inside the target so as not to cause unneccessary injuries to bystanders from ricochet or from passing through the target. In effect the bullet stays inside the body it hits - horrific injuries tho' - almost always fatal.
But then we don't shoot to annoy...

Back