Topaz De Noise vs De Sharpen

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

Im looking at the topaz software but if I was to get one, it would only be one for now & so just wondered what one; De Noise or De Sharpen, would be best suited to work with Adobe for macro & garden bird photography?

Many Thanks :)

OP
J
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Do you tend to use high ISOs? If not then De Noise is probably not necessary.
Ahh okay thank you for this, I must admit I didn’t really put too & too together noice & ISO and in that case no really I try and use a low iso and use good light sources, so yeah in that case your probably right.. What about sharpen? Is that along the same line? (Sorry I’m totally new to photography & post processing aha) :)

On the Huh

Little Ball of Fur
Name
Zulfi
Edit My Images
Yes
De Noise is the one to get. There's always a time when you'll want less noise. I often use a camera with a 1 inch sensor and ISO 125 isn't going to be the same on that compared to an APS or FF . sensor. De Noise does allow for some sharpen during the process btw and works pretty well. Further sharpening if required can be done with the High Pass filter in PS.

OP
J
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
De Noise is the one to get. There's always a time when you'll want less noise. I often use a camera with a 1 inch sensor and ISO 125 isn't going to be the same on that compared to an APS or FF . sensor. De Noise does allow for some sharpen during the process btw and works pretty well. Further sharpening if required can be done with the High Pass filter in PS.
Thank you, I think I definitely need to try some trials :)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
If you do not know which is going to be useful I would suggest that you have no need for either. I would not buy any photo editing software unless I had a problem my current software could not handle.

OP
J
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
If you do not know which is going to be useful I would suggest that you have no need for either. I would not buy any photo editing software unless I had a problem my current software could not handle.
Thank you for this, good point really maybe I should, hold fire on thing for a mo :)

On the Huh

Little Ball of Fur
Name
Zulfi
Edit My Images
Yes
I got a set of 4 for the price of one and a half in money terms. Always look out for special offers and discount codes. l mainly only use de noise and sometimes, but rarely Gigapixel. Sharpen, I didn't really like and the other one which supposedly turn Jpegs into Raws or something I've never bothered with. But I do recommend the De Noise one.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
Thank you for this, good point really maybe I should, hold fire on thing for a mo :)
Jo as I know full well that your shooting wildlife with Olympus MFT and have That big boy lens on order , .your totally going to need topaz de.noise Ai , it works miracles with high iso ,cropped images . I use it for every shot as a standard part of p.p .. your asking the right questions in the wrong sections matey ,for all the folks on here know you could be shooting full frame with a wide angle .. if you have specific Olympus related questions either post them in the Olympus section or p.m me directly

OP
J
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Jo as I know full well that your shooting wildlife with Olympus MFT and have That big boy lens on order , .your totally going to need topaz de.noise Ai , it works miracles with high iso ,cropped images . I use it for every shot as a standard part of p.p .. your asking the right questions in the wrong sections matey ,for all the folks on here know you could be shooting full frame with a wide angle .. if you have specific Olympus related questions either post them in the Olympus section or p.m me directly
Cheers Jeff, should have though about that aha ! Thanks for your advice though too :)