Topaz De Noise vs De Sharpen

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all,

Im looking at the topaz software but if I was to get one, it would only be one for now & so just wondered what one; De Noise or De Sharpen, would be best suited to work with Adobe for macro & garden bird photography?

Many Thanks :)

Do you tend to use high ISOs? If not then De Noise is probably not necessary.

Do you tend to use high ISOs? If not then De Noise is probably not necessary.

Ahh okay thank you for this, I must admit I didn’t really put too & too together noice & ISO and in that case no really I try and use a low iso and use good light sources, so yeah in that case your probably right.. What about sharpen? Is that along the same line? (Sorry I’m totally new to photography & post processing aha) :)

De Noise is the one to get. There's always a time when you'll want less noise. I often use a camera with a 1 inch sensor and ISO 125 isn't going to be the same on that compared to an APS or FF . sensor. De Noise does allow for some sharpen during the process btw and works pretty well. Further sharpening if required can be done with the High Pass filter in PS.

De Noise is the one to get. There's always a time when you'll want less noise. I often use a camera with a 1 inch sensor and ISO 125 isn't going to be the same on that compared to an APS or FF . sensor. De Noise does allow for some sharpen during the process btw and works pretty well. Further sharpening if required can be done with the High Pass filter in PS.

Thank you, I think I definitely need to try some trials :)

If you do not know which is going to be useful I would suggest that you have no need for either. I would not buy any photo editing software unless I had a problem my current software could not handle.

If you do not know which is going to be useful I would suggest that you have no need for either. I would not buy any photo editing software unless I had a problem my current software could not handle.
Thank you for this, good point really maybe I should, hold fire on thing for a mo :)

I got a set of 4 for the price of one and a half in money terms. Always look out for special offers and discount codes. l mainly only use de noise and sometimes, but rarely Gigapixel. Sharpen, I didn't really like and the other one which supposedly turn Jpegs into Raws or something I've never bothered with. But I do recommend the De Noise one.

Last edited:
Thank you for this, good point really maybe I should, hold fire on thing for a mo :)
Jo as I know full well that your shooting wildlife with Olympus MFT and have That big boy lens on order , .your totally going to need topaz de.noise Ai , it works miracles with high iso ,cropped images . I use it for every shot as a standard part of p.p .. your asking the right questions in the wrong sections matey ,for all the folks on here know you could be shooting full frame with a wide angle .. if you have specific Olympus related questions either post them in the Olympus section or p.m me directly

Jo as I know full well that your shooting wildlife with Olympus MFT and have That big boy lens on order , .your totally going to need topaz de.noise Ai , it works miracles with high iso ,cropped images . I use it for every shot as a standard part of p.p .. your asking the right questions in the wrong sections matey ,for all the folks on here know you could be shooting full frame with a wide angle .. if you have specific Olympus related questions either post them in the Olympus section or p.m me directly
Cheers Jeff, should have though about that aha ! Thanks for your advice though too :)

Back