TOPAZ TOTALLY F**K UP!

Edit My Images
Yes
I have often recommended Topaz Labs JPEG to RAW because I found it an incredible piece of software, especially when removing noise.
But their latest update is a TOTAL DISASTER!
They have replaced the noise reduction with 2 buttons, one claiming to reduce JPEG artefacts and the other to reduce blur.
The resulting program is now virtually USELESS!
Noise is exactly the same as if I didn't use it and the 2 buttons seem to have no effect at all.
So if you were considering buying this (now) piece of junk - DON'T!
If I seem to be slightly p***sed off you are right - I am - it was a lovely program - now a waste of disk space!
I will also be asking for my money back as it is no longer fit for purpose in my opinion!

Is this the same programme that supposedly up-sized images with AI.

Is this the same programme that supposedly up-sized images with AI.

No that is Gigapixel.

Topaz have a suite of independent programs all based on an AI model for the intended process.

No that is Gigapixel.

Topaz have a suite of independent programs all based on an AI model for the intended process.

ATM AI Gigapixel still works as it did before, but JPEG to RAW has become virtually useless!

Looks like they may deliberately have ruined J2R to force people to buy the latest AI software from them:
https://topazlabs.com/denoise-ai
If that's what they did they can stuff it because I doubt if I will ever buy anything else from them!
"Once bitten, twice shy"!

Have tried to post in their so-called forum but it is a total piece of crap!
Impossible to find out how to post a new thread or even to reply to any thread.

Top right of the list there's a blue circle with a + sign in it....mouse over and it invites you to start a new topic.

The last thing I want is a one click AI solution.
You haven't heard about the latest thing then - an AI-driven self-drive camera? From your armchair, you tell it that you want a photo of a waterfall, say, or a duck (or goose), and having voice recognition it starts to scan its database for the subject type whilst you go to open the door. It will then trundle past you, open its little droney arms and fly away on its mission. After a while (depending) you should hear a buzzing at the window - it's back with the images. Let it in, it'll wi-fi the images to your pc, choose the best for you and bleep you when ready.

You haven't heard about the latest thing then - an AI-driven self-drive camera? From your armchair, you tell it that you want a photo of a waterfall, say, or a duck (or goose), and having voice recognition it starts to scan its database for the subject type whilst you go to open the door. It will then trundle past you, open its little droney arms and fly away on its mission. After a while (depending) you should hear a buzzing at the window - it's back with the images. Let it in, it'll wi-fi the images to your pc, choose the best for you and bleep you when ready.
99% of these will permanently orbit their owners, replacing selfie sticks.

99% of these will permanently orbit their owners, replacing selfie sticks.
You're not joking - mine flew off with my toupée last week and I haven't seen either of them since. I've had enough! I'm going back to film - exclusively.

Someone one their forums mentioned it’s something to do with GPU, try it set to use your CPU and see if that makes any difference.

Someone one their forums mentioned it’s something to do with GPU, try it set to use your CPU and see if that makes any difference.
No they completely gutted it to make sure that anyone seeing their adverts and actually thought it was a great program now have to buy De-Noise to get what they were originally getting in this program
The original (great) program was over 1GB in size, this "Upgraded" version is only 466MB in size - so they totally removed everything that actually made the original so great!
A total bunch of crooks!

Topaz has now offered to refund me all my money for their products I have so I guess that's some kind of success although I would still rather have the products I paid for actually working the way they did.
I looked at De-noise which does exactly what the NR and recover detail did in JPEG to RAW - except no batch processing!
A representative told me that it would be difficult for their customers to actually run the program to batch a lot of photos - but that's exactly what JPEG to RAW did!
And the main reason I updated my Z800's GPU at a cost of £130!
A total F**K up all round!

Back