Torbay Sunrise 11/12/13

Excellent shot,what a great exposure.:)(y)

Nice image Ashley with great sunset colours which looks even better on your flickr but think I prefer it with a crop off the sky it would make it a stronger image .IMHO

Lol £4k for camera and lens it should be outstanding...

Cracking, my hometown pier, was a goodun this morning....Shame I was at work! You didn't bump into my mate Mark there this morning did you? I think he was down there....

Lol £4k for camera and lens it should be outstanding...

Not every image is outstanding on this setup. With ultra thin DOF its pretty hard to get a shot infocus, which involves alot of skill and practice. If i gave this to someone on the street in manual and asked them to take a pic of something with center AF, i doubt they could do it :) - thanks for the comment though. Its not all about the camera.

Very good Ashley. Love the colours and the pier silhouette!

its pretty much impossible to light the peir in a single exposure therefore under expose the sky and silhouette the pier :)

Cracking, my hometown pier, was a goodun this morning....Shame I was at work! You didn't bump into my mate Mark there this morning did you? I think he was down there....

No i didnt see anyone else down there? Whats his second name?

Great shot by the way Ashley :)

Thanks Jake :)

You really think so ? This site is getting like a " who can tinkle the highest " contest.

Yes I do.
The camera did not select any of the settings itself, it was in manual mode.
The camera did not compose the image.
The camera did not set the point of focus.
I could go on.
Of course the camera did it's part, but so did the user. It's not a case of all the gear and no idea, lets be honest.

Point taken Ashley, and I agree with what you say.

Ignore the comments about cropping the sky. Its got such good texture and the horizon at 1/3rds means its nicely balanced as is. Off centre sun too....all good compositional elements here.

I like the image. I feel its a tad dark and you could have gone a bit longer on the shutter and the DR of an expensive body would mean you'd not lose too much to blown areas.

PS, invest in Lee grads if you haven't already. Expensive lens, bodies etc need expensive grad filters too

Back