Tornado into Wales

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Tornado did a run from Paddington > Cardiff today re. St David's Day. It was running 45 minutes late from Paddington. Something broke down on the line so no problems with Tornado. I've had the Severn Crossing Junction station in mind for a while but they don't run that route via Bristol very often SO..when I arrived today the great vantage point on the road bridge overlooking the whole 4-platform station (two in each direction) which I'd seen ion Google Earth was no longer. I was very disappointed to see the road was closed and contractors were all over the place and they'd just dismantled the bridge in the last few days I was told by a local. Lol. I had to make do with the station platform. I was also told it isn't being replaced so maybe a crossing unless that information was incorrect. I had a good spot until along came a chap who stood a few paces in front of me..wearing a bright yellow fluorescent safety jacket and he was just there to see the loco,not a worker. Lol. I moved. The train arrived..it didn't stop..37 minutes late. Shortly after it passed by the rain came so I was lucky.

35a4p6x.jpg

A nice shot there John, composition is nice, colour looks good too, typical about the bridge!

Thanks,Michael. I crouched down to take it and as you know yourself, it makes such a difference. Get low for animals,children and locos..Lol.

lovely shot

Thanks,Heath. These locos have such a presence always worth travelling to see even if you've seen the loco on several previous occasions.

Great shot.

Thank you. We have a few steam tours through this region in March so hopefully at least one will be a good light day.I had the ISO on auto to retain f.7.1 and 1/800 sec and it needed ISO 1600. I'm very reluctant toy go over 800..preferably 400 is the most needed.

That's nice, well done (y)

That's nice, well done (y)

Thanks, Jak. Royal Scot next... Ely to Bristol but rain is forecast down this way..I'd go to Bath or near Hungerford. It does another run on the 11th. which on a long range forecast (Accuweather) is showing sun with some clouds but it can change of course.

Back