Tornado (Steam Variety)

Edit My Images
Yes
Last weekend had the opportunity to grab a couple of shots of the "new" A1 Pacific Steam loco Tornado. I'm not quite sure what it was they were firing it with!

A bit disappointed I cut the top of the smoke off whilst having a bit of room at the bottom of the frame.

3579227404_3fbbcae5b9.jpg

A bit of background, Tornado is essentially a brand new locomotive, constructed following the original design with the help of latest technology.

Last edited:
There's nowt wrong with that, and a little post production could easily add a little sky and smoke to the top.

I think the train itself is in the right spot in the frame though, and that's what I'm finding important! It's a lovely shot, very 'timeless' :)

We're taking my Dad on it for his birthday later in the year - he's excited about the train and the trip, I'll just be trying to get some decent photos...

As an armchair train spotter myself, I like that picture. It's a good ol' classic type picture where you really can't go wrong with it, I'd be more than chuffed (no pun intended) to have taken a picture like that if I was in your position.
Incidentally, Tornado will be passing through Folkestone on the 24th June. It'll be hauling a "Father's Day" special and I've spent the past few weeks eyeing up potential photography spot away from our station, where I know it'll be packed full of photographers.

good shot, but that couldn't be South Wales coal they were using, must have been grim Yorkshire ***** :exit:
Kev

Spot on with that pic and none of the electrified line wires and posts to spoil it.

Back