Tour De France 2017

All about the team, look how a fine rider like Aru has struggled without any support.

At least this year its possible for any of the top three in the GC to win it, so definitely not a procession

Froome knows the job of a domestique only too well after waiting for Wiggins when he could easily gone on and won the stage himself

I think Team Sky have set out their stall which is to win the G.C and only that and all 9 riders are going for that aim.

Other teams have split their aims such as Quickstep with Kittel for the green jersey which has stopped Martin from getting closer to the G.C prize and Oreca are going for the White jersey with Yates. I am not sure what Moviestar are going to take from this years Tour De France?

I think Team Sky have set out their stall which is to win the G.C and only that and all 9 riders are going for that aim.

Other teams have split their aims such as Quickstep with Kittel for the green jersey which has stopped Martin from getting closer to the G.C prize and Oreca are going for the White jersey with Yates. I am not sure what Moviestar are going to take from this years Tour De France?

Landa to Moviestar

:agree: I reckon he's thinking of all the seconds he lost waiting for Froome.

:agree: I reckon he's thinking of all the seconds he lost waiting for Froome.
But that was his job remember he still will take a massive pay check approx 800k for the year not to be sniffed at

Good tour for me, possibly the best for a few years.
lots of good sprints, the alps gave us some lone rider winners
the time trial on Saturday was great, suspense to the end.
I enjoyed the shorted stages as well rather than the usual 230kms a day.
I would like to see those again.
also a time trial up a mountain like alp duez again

Reactions: nog
Good tour for me, possibly the best for a few years.
lots of good sprints, the alps gave us some lone rider winners
the time trial on Saturday was great, suspense to the end.
I enjoyed the shorted stages as well rather than the usual 230kms a day.
I would like to see those again.
also a time trial up a mountain like alp duez again

It was good not being settled until the last knockings, but thought it lacked some sparkle overall this year.

Some exciting bits, but awful lot of very dull days, for me not enough stages where a breakaway could succeed.
Didn't help losing a few major characters early on and the organisers bottling it (literally) when their ruling would have affected Bardet.

The Sagan ruling was madness, just usual behaviour in a sprint, again ignored wrongdoing by the French stage winner.

dunno about the sagan thing I think they are getting much harder on the sprinters and it took out Cav and that was also pretty awful.
I'm going to say an eye for an eye on that one, sad to see GT for sky go out early.
also kittel that was grim.
I think the danger is you can't tweak the tour that much that fast but I do think it is getting better.

I think it was a quite good race this year. I think it was affected by Cavendish, Kittel and Sagan going out, especially for the sprint finishes. They didn't seem to be as well organised this year. I can see how the Sagan decision could be seen either way. :thinking:

Contador and Quintana not really turning up left a bit of a vacuum, but left the door open for other contenders, but I don't think they had teams to back them. There needs to be very good 2-3 contenders, with a good team backing them.

It didn't seem to be as well a planned race rote wise as previous years, but I can't put my finger on what specifically what was different as I'm not into it enough to compare previous years.

The organisers retrospectively changing their ruling on riders drinking at the wrong time when it was pointed out that a French rider also contravened the rules was despicable imho, :mad: and more should have been made of it on the TV.

I think Dan Martin was extremely unlucky and could have maybe finished on the podium. The image of him getting off the bike and walking to team coach will stay for me for a long time as what these guys push themselves through. :eek:

Looking forward to the Vuelta in a few weeks. :)

Back