Tour of Britain 2016 - Stage 5, they're on the way!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
The Tour of Britain 2016 passed through Kelston on the way to the finish in Bath today.
There was a great deal of interest from lots of cyclists in their Lycra but it took a bit of time for the cyclists to appear.

First the Advance Race Official.

RJB_0721_zpsly7wsimf.jpg

Then the Police Outriders.

RJB_0767_zps1ftjbkdu.jpg

Followed by the Race Controller.

RJB_0804_zps2dgxnbdq.jpg

and the No. 1 VIP Guest.

RJB_0738_zpsbakpzemu.jpg

The excitement was really building!

Excited_zps7a9ysfvn.jpg

to be continued...

Nice to see some pics of the suport team Rogerand not a bird in sight, (well I suppose the last one is :p)

Reminds me of when they came near us year before, much anticipation and excitement, especially when the support / police etc came through, then they arrived and then they were gone !!! Was a bit of an anticlimax really [emoji3]

Reminds me of when they came near us year before, much anticipation and excitement, especially when the support / police etc came through, then they arrived and then they were gone !!! Was a bit of an anticlimax really [emoji3]
Doesn't take long does it, I tend to chose an uphill location if possible just to make it all last a bit longer as they slow up ... a little!
Stage 7 in Bristol was good though as they did the time trial then 6 laps of the circuit so you had 7 chances to see them and could move location between laps. :)

Doesn't take long does it, I tend to chose an uphill location if possible just to make it all last a bit longer as they slow up ... a little!
Stage 7 in Bristol was good though as they did the time trial then 6 laps of the circuit so you had 7 chances to see them and could move location between laps. :)

We just had the ride through, so was 1 run and that was it...Was still good to see though :)

Back