Tour of Epynt 2014

your panning is very much like mine........."off". your either panning to fast or to slow but your missing the sharpness on the cars i can't get it right either just here to help maybe get some tips from your friends, it is quite difficult to get right. seems you got the sun anyway so happy day out.hth mike

Cheers Chris i just don't do enough rally photos this is only my third in ten years, bit more practice i need and epynt has been photographed from every angle so it's hard to come up with some thing new up there.........

Nice work Wayne.
Liking the sun capture in #2. Not sure about #1, is it to much shadow/highlight recovery been used or just my old eyes...

Got to agree with Lawrence, sensor needs a damn good clean. Shot #3 & #4 giving it away.

Mark

Last edited:
Cheers Mark i must have picked up some dust up there as i do alot of high key in the studio and havn't noticed any spots till now.
here's the befor and after editing of No 1 not must high light /shadow editing done just bringing out the sky detail and colour saturation and bit of contrast.
No 2 was Canon fish eye .
View attachment 7604

Last edited:
I really think you have a great eye for the compositions ,Wayne ,but the shots the themselves lack sharpness and punch . The shot of Roger Hicks in 0ne is excellent ,shutter speed could be lower to get the wheels a bit of motion but composition bang on .
2,nice idea and very hard to do ,well done.
3,no plate and front needs to be in focus ,higher shutter speed needed ,imho.
4,nearly bang on ,but not quite
5 ,great shot of John Indri , not spotted that angle before . Was it centre rd jump ,downhill ?
6 ,good shot of Roger ,but sun has spoiled it .
7, Hes well on it ,but lacking punch ,more work with clarity and contrast
8, Well out of focus
Regards,
Pons

Cheers for the crit Chris i should have used Servo mode on the focus in retro spect , compostition i don't have a problem with just focusing .

Back