Toys and Batteries!

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so tis the season for tons of toys that need batteries. Went off to the store yesterday to buy said batteries. After the kid went to bed last night I opened his big present to put the batteries in so he could use it first thing on opening. Put the batteries in and nothing nada zip. Well cut to an hour later and we figured out that the entire pack of batteries were duds. I am sooo happy I decided to try it last night can you imagine what Xmas morning would have been like without any batteries.

So I'd love to hear about anyone else's Xmas disasters either averted or not.

Managed to cook the Christmas turkey with the giblets still inside one year.

Nobody noticed until we came to carve the bird and burst the little bag all inside it. First and only vegetarian xmas dinner for me!

Who came up with the stupid idea of putting TWO lots of giblets in a turkey.

Our dog had a fab Christmas that year.

Hey! I was there as well...

Use Pusser's batteries - they may be cr*p, but they're free.

(Pusser = Purser - Navy or 'Jack'-Speak for the quartermaster. I work with a load of matelots and it's rubbing off, despite my attempts to rein them in.)

Although I found out that the Regulators (Naval Police) at Pompey Dockyards do spot checks on walkmans, torches etc to see if anyone's illegally using them. They need to get out more IMO.

We did well this year. We had only one toy that needed extra batteries.

And as Asda didn't have any left I promised the use of my rechargables from my flash until we get some hehe

I lied. We missed one. I'm now missing some batteries from the stereo remote, and Harvey is one happy bunny playing with his Thomas Train.

Back