Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
OK guys & gals this thread is now open ahead of the practice week 0
Its great to see so many of the 2016 52'ers signing up as well as a lot of new faces.
To the new ones, it may look daunting, to start with, but once you get into the swing of things and with the support of your fellow 52'ers your'll soon get it (y)

And as Andy @posiview said, its pretty much impossible to comment on all the threads / posts, but at least try and reciprocate any comments.
Hopefully that way, no one gets left out in the cold.

Most of all, just have fun :)

And as Andy @posiview said, its pretty much impossible to comment on all the threads / posts, but at least try and reciprocate any comments.
Hopefully that way, no one gets left out in the cold.

Most of all, just have fun :)

This :)

I've rambled a few times over the years about criticism. Give constructive criticism. Hearing, 'great photograph' 52 times won't help anyone grow and improve as a photographer (y)

I always do my best to comment on all submissions, but commenting on 80 odd threads is very hard :jawdrop:

Anyway, as has been said, have fun and if you have any questions just as..............@Cobra or @Dark Knight :exit:)

Cheers.

is it theme day?
I guess it must be :)

Well it's is Thursday, and as Thursday became the new Friday last year ....today is the day :banana:
Exactly :)

Going on past form isn't Wednesday the new Thursday? :coat:Happy 2017 52ers

:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:
IIRC I did that once, late on a weds night as I knew I was going to be very late to the "party" on that Thursday :p

@Dark Knight... @Cobra
Would it be possible to put a link to all of the existing spreadsheets in the 'linkys' post, so we could look back over previous years at the themes and stats?
It would be kind of interesting.
If Dean has the data / links I'll add it no problem :)

Orf we jolly well go, practice round, week 0, completely voluntary.

Song title or a line from a song

And before you all shout at me, just think about it for a bit, they don't come much easier than that! ;)

However, a blank page .... (a whiter shade of pale),
pile of bricks ... (another brick in the wall)
...are both cop outs :p

Orf we jolly well go, practice round, week 0, completely voluntary.

Song title or a line from a song

And before you all shout at me, just think about it for a bit, they don't come much easier than that! ;)

However, a blank page .... (a whiter shade of pale),
pile of bricks ... (another brick in the wall)
...are both cop outs :p

Okay... It's back to Battersea then to repeat this shot (from week 11/2016)

Battersea Power Station - Flying Pig
by Tim White, on Flickr

No, that would be too easy ;)

By the way, which of the 3 parts of "Another Brick in the Wall" are we barred from? :)

Last edited:
Well as its a practice week and I did my practicing yesterday.....

By the way, which of the 3 parts of "Another Brick in the Wall" are we barred from? :)
Not barred, I just said a pile of bricks was a cop out :p

Well Ride a white swan was a spectacular disaster!
Your'll have the RSPCA after you Clive ;)

I'm going with Chuck Berry's "My ding-a-ling" :D

How about an under exposed shot (completely black)....... Dancing in The Dark?
or even a noire page posted on the 1st, would be black Sabbath.
And then keep looking over your shoulder once done, and we have "Paranoid" (y)

Two questions folks, as I really want to finish this challenge, what is Play a Joker, plus how do I answer with a thank you by doing a Multi quote in my thread. Thanks :)
Hi Dave :)

Playing a Joker, is basically if you struggle to come up with an image to match the theme, you could take a photo of anything and post that instead, the idea is to simply keep you taking photo's each week, some people set limits to how many jokers they will 'play' in a year, some like myself do not do any, and always try for a corresponding theme, some like @Cobra post an image with a threadbare connection of a shot (a Shoehorned image)... I hope that makes sense :)

what is Play a Joker
If you are stuck for an image, don't like the theme etc, then "Play a joker"
and post your own image of what ever you like, although I've only been running this less than 18 months, I've never yet seen a joker played.
There is always laterel thinking, or in other words "shoe horn something in ;)
My best was a purple zebra in the black and white theme, its easy when you know how :D
edit DK beat me to it :D

plus how do I answer with a thank you by doing a Multi quote in my thread.
under each post is a +quote tab, just keep clicking that until you get to the insert quotes bit.

Last edited:
Two questions folks, as I really want to finish this challenge, what is Play a Joker, plus how do I answer with a thank you by doing a Multi quote in my thread. Thanks :)
You're doing better than me Dave. I've struggled a bit with posting the right thing in the right place.

I think multi quotes, you just click on Quote under each message and it will then put the quote into your reply, which you can edit, if you just want part of it.

and post your own image of what ever you like, although I've only been running this less than 18 months, I've never yet seen a joker played.
My best was a purple zebra in the black and white theme, its easy when you know how :D

under each post is a +quote tab, just keep clicking that until you get to the insert quotes bit.

Cheers :cool:

This
Untitled-1.jpg

Gives you this

Hi Dave :)

Playing a Joker, is basically if you struggle to come up with an image to match the theme, you could take a photo of anything and post that instead, the idea is to simply keep you taking photo's each week, some people set limits to how many jokers they will 'play' in a year, some like myself do not do any, and always try for a corresponding theme, some like @Cobra post an image with a threadbare connection of a shot (a Shoehorned image)... I hope that makes sense :)

Nice one DK, I will only play a joker then if I just can`t think of a shot for a theme :)
Only a bit of general advise for everybody this, but try and set a limit before you start, say 3 or 6 Jokers or something, because life will get busy, and if you do not limit yourself it is VERY easy to fall back on a joker, if you limit them you are more likely to put in the required effort - As I say this is only advise, it's your challenge and you can do as many as like :)

Only a bit of general advise for everybody this, but try and set a limit before you start, say 3 or 6 Jokers or something, because life will get busy, and if you do not limit yourself it is VERY easy to fall back on a joker, if you limit them you are more likely to put in the required effort - As I say this is only advise, it's your challenge and you can do as many as like :)
Got it guys and Thank you. I will set 7 jokers at the most :)

Back