Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind what day the theme is posted, Thursday works for me but if people what it changed I'll go along with the masses

I don't mind whether it's Wednesday or Thursday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have all been suggested so far but I think mid-week would be better than a Monday, which would leave little time to process and upload an image if you can't get it until the weekend. It's been a good discussion whatever is decided.

What would be even more useful would be to try to develop on the "nice image" type of comments, or perhaps indicate on our own threads that we would welcome more in-depth and critical feedback. I try to leave detailed feedback on what I like about an image and sometimes mention what I may have tried to do differently, and I appreciate that kind of feedback on my images but is that a general thing?:thinking:

PS: I am very aware that the only feedback I deserve at the moment is "You're three themes behind - pull your finger out!" :D :exit:

I don't mind whether it's Wednesday or Thursday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have all been suggested so far but I think mid-week would be better than a Monday, which would leave little time to process and upload an image if you can't get it until the weekend. It's been a good discussion whatever is decided.

What would be even more useful would be to try to develop on the "nice image" type of comments, or perhaps indicate on our own threads that we would welcome more in-depth and critical feedback. I try to leave detailed feedback on what I like about an image and sometimes mention what I may have tried to do differently, and I appreciate that kind of feedback on my images but is that a general thing?:thinking:

PS: I am very aware that the only feedback I deserve at the moment is "You're three themes behind - pull your finger out!" :D :exit:
I'm happy with 'proper' feedback. It's good to have others critique my work, otherwise how will I know if I'm any good or improving.

Not been in here for a while and seems a lot been discussed in the last week or so. Firstly, I don't mind which day is theme day and I always try to take the shot or shots within the week.

Now, for the quarterly free week instead of re-shoot sounds a good idea, i.e. a 'freedom' week with no theme to either re-shoot or catch-up or anything you like or even take a week off. Would like to see that next year if this challenge is still on.

Now, for the quarterly free week instead of re-shoot sounds a good idea,
That sounds like a very popular idea. Duly noted (y)

Very happy whichever day the theme comes out. Behind this week as now have dodgy eyesight as the new lens takes the place of a cataract. can't wait for the other one to be done; I had no idea things were so dullbefore, it's all bright and clear out of one eye at least:) Working on this screen is a bit difficult though:eek:
Commenting is all behind too. i'll try and catch up when i can see a little more clearly.

First time on in ages, don't know why but this year I just can't seem to really get going and am constantly behind. I've been trying to catchup in the last few days, as I go on holiday on Friday, but not liking anything I've managed to take :( So for me,as I am already 4 themes behind, it really doesn't matter what day you draw the new theme.:rolleyes: I will try again tomorrow to get caught up, really don't want to be 6 themes behind ;) Might even get some commenting done while I'm sitting with my feet up :D

@Dave70D so sorry to hear about your brother and son, what a terrible time for you. I'm glad you're sticking with the group, you are always so good to comment and post your images. :hug:

First time on in ages, don't know why but this year I just can't seem to really get going and am constantly behind. I've been trying to catchup in the last few days, as I go on holiday on Friday, but not liking anything I've managed to take :( So for me,as I am already 4 themes behind, it really doesn't matter what day you draw the new theme.:rolleyes: I will try again tomorrow to get caught up, really don't want to be 6 themes behind ;) Might even get some commenting done while I'm sitting with my feet up :D

@Dave70D so sorry to hear about your brother and son, what a terrible time for you. I'm glad you're sticking with the group, you are always so good to comment and post your images. :hug:

Thank you Georgina, we are getting there but very slowly plus our boy comes home in the early hours then we are busy till Sunday and then hopefully we can try and start to get on.

On to week 27 .... How's this for Le Mans classics @LC2 ? :D
Derelict

Been working on my personal project for a whole week now. And god it's been a long & lonely week. :sulk:

Guys, Im at a loss as to what do.....Im about 5 themes behind right now, thanks to a heavy work load.....Im torn between quitting (which Im not) and busting my ass to get back up to speed.

I know theres a few here who think the pic should only taken within that week, and I accept that, but if so, then Im going to have to call it a day this year, and I dont particularly want to.....

Guys, Im at a loss as to what do.....Im about 5 themes behind right now, thanks to a heavy work load.....Im torn between quitting (which Im not) and busting my ass to get back up to speed.

I know theres a few here who think the pic should only taken within that week, and I accept that, but if so, then Im going to have to call it a day this year, and I dont particularly want to.....
The challenge rules are yours to decide, catch-up, miss a few, play a joker. It is up to you.

I`d stick to it, it is your 52 so if and when you can then take a shot for the theme then put it in once you get time.

Dude. Skip some and rejoin. I'm trying to take shots within the week they are set but im not sure it really matters. Getting 40 something themes in during the 52 is better than quitting [emoji6]

I know theres a few here who think the pic should only taken within that week,
Everyone ( well most) add an archive shot when they are a bit stuffed for time, there is no shame in it :)

What was all that talk about something or other coming Home?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back