Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all....

After a lot of deep thought, and this being my third year, I have decided to knock the 52 on the head.

Ive been stupidly busy with work and have not being enjoying the challenge of late. I posted a 4 theme catchup on two occasions and recieved very little n the way of of feedback.

Whilst I accept that I may appear to be logged in due to phone and PC log ins,its not always the case.

It also seems to have become a very serious 100% tit for tat feedback thread, which, altho I can understand to some extent, just isnt possible for me with me or any busy working folk.

Its a shame, because I nejoy the challenge, but for me, the fun has gone out of it this year......

Enjoy the rest of the year guys, but Im sorry to say, Im out..........

Hi all....

After a lot of deep thought, and this being my third year, I have decided to knock the 52 on the head.

Ive been stupidly busy with work and have not being enjoying the challenge of late. I posted a 4 theme catchup on two occasions and recieved very little n the way of of feedback.

Whilst I accept that I may appear to be logged in due to phone and PC log ins,its not always the case.

It also seems to have become a very serious 100% tit for tat feedback thread, which, altho I can understand to some extent, just isnt possible for me with me or any busy working folk.

Its a shame, because I nejoy the challenge, but for me, the fun has gone out of it this year......

Very sad to hear this Mark, I know I have been very guilty of not giving much critique but your excellent contributions will be very much missed.

Hi all....

Sorry to hear this Mark, I agree on the comments and at the moment I am thinking about stopping to for this year as so busy helping Mum and getting in to the singers/buskers photography.

OK,
ve been stupidly busy with work and have not being enjoying the challenge of late. I posted a 4 theme catchup on two occasions and recieved very little n the way of of feedback.

I have a full time job I have family, children, grandchildren but can still find 10 minutes here and there. I understand work, holidays, illness and more importantly apathy can get in the way, but the only way this can be fun is to join in contribute something other than heres my pictures.

I agree on the comments
In what way?

OK,

I have a full time job I have family, children, grandchildren but can still find 10 minutes here and there. I understand work, holidays, illness and more importantly apathy can get in the way, but the only way this can be fun is to join in contribute something other than heres my pictures.

In what way?

Last year on the 52 most members would comment on the posts put in, but this year it just seems so few actually do comment.

Sorry to hear that Mark. Thanks for all your comments over the last couple of years I've been doing the 52s. I understand how the lack of feedback makes you fell; I've noticed the drop off too. I'm probably guilty as well 'cos life does get in the way sometimes. I hope you can get back here sometime soon. You, and your photos, will be missed (y)

WE are the 52 it can only be as good or fun as we make it, I personally enjoy the challenge of just producing a picture to a theme. That said I really enjoy the photos others produce and am going to make a positive effort to comment more.

I was just going through Daves flickr of the Class of 18, there really are some top images in there,which I either missed or just did not take enough notice of. note to oneself Must try harder!:)

Last year on the 52 most members would comment on the posts put in, but this year it just seems so few actually do comment.
Well being my first year here, I'm still settling in, and cant comment on previous years, but I try to comment on as much as i can, normally when I post my weeks image, but it gets harder when people dont post for a few weeks and then post 4/5/6 images at once.

WE are the 52 it can only be as good or fun as we make it,
Exactly. Although I do agree that the 2018 52 is not as active / interactive as per other years.
Not sure why this should be though.

On to week 29 ...
I'll post a theme as soon as I get Round to it

:D

Round? Could be selfie week :)

but it gets harder when people dont post for a few weeks and then post 4/5/6 images at once.
I am guilty of post 2 or 3 weeks behind (it tends to be between June and July, because I'm so busy with work), I don't expect anyone to comment on those themes, only on the last one.
If some one posts 3,4 or 5 themes in one go, I only tend to comment on the last one or two.

Sleep? What is this thing of which you speak?
Something I need a good 8 hours of a night, and got around 1/2 that last night, getting up before the dawn in order that I could get my eldest to St Pancras for an early train to EuroDisney with her Dance School.

So if my comments today are incoherent, you'll understand.

Something I need a good 8 hours of a night, and got around 1/2 that last night, getting up before the dawn in order that I could get my eldest to St Pancras for an early train to EuroDisney with her Dance School.

So if my comments today are incoherent, you'll understand.

No change there then :p

Hi all.

After a short break due to my gear, I am getting back to the challenge. My D5100 annoyed me so much I just threw it in the bag and didn't think of taking any photos - battery dying without any indication, various errors etc. Luckily I have funds for new gear, so should start uploading within about 2 weeks or so... got a lot to catch up :)

Hi all.

After a short break due to my gear, I am getting back to the challenge. My D5100 annoyed me so much I just threw it in the bag and didn't think of taking any photos - battery dying without any indication, various errors etc. Luckily I have funds for new gear, so should start uploading within about 2 weeks or so... got a lot to catch up :)
What did/are you get/getting?

Good morning all ...hanging my head in shame, I've just hopped in to say I'm sorry I've dropped out of the challenge. Unfortunately real life just got in the way, and now the school holidays are here I shall no doubt be busy with the grandsons.

I have managed to complete four full years, thank you so much everyone who has commented and encouraged me over that time, you've been amazing ...I just cant find the time lately and the enthusiasm to reciprocate. I literally haven't even put a photo on my computer for months ...I know, its not good :( but hopefully I can muster up some interest during the summer months.

I wish everyone the best of luck for the rest of the year ...it is a great feeling to actually get to that last week.

Last edited:
Unfortunately real life just got in the way, and now the school holidays are here I shall no doubt be busy with the grandsons.
I'm sorry to hear you are leaving Susie, but I totally understand where you are coming from,
Enjoy the grandkids (y)

Good morning all ...hanging my head in shame, I've just hopped in to say I'm sorry I've dropped out of the challenge. Unfortunately real life just got in the way, and now the school holidays are here I shall no doubt be busy with the grandsons.

I have managed to complete four full years, thank you so much everyone who has commented and encouraged me over that time, you've been amazing ...I just cant find the time lately and the enthusiasm to reciprocate. I literally haven't even put a photo on my computer for months ...I know, its not good :( but hopefully I can muster up some interest during the summer months.

I wish everyone the best of luck for the rest of the year ...it is a great feeling to actually get to that last week.

We'll miss you, Susie. It has been a strange year for the 52 this year but hopefully you'll regain your enthusiasm ready for 2019.

Enjoy your summer :)

So sorry to hear you are leaving us, hope you will be back next year, enjoy the summer and the grandsons. If you do see a huge hairy biker with a Sony taking photos whilst in Newquay, please pop over and say hello, I am not half as unfriendly as I look! (most of the time);)

Sorry to see you drop out suzie, it's been great following your threads. You know where we are if you ever fancy returning.

On a separate note, travelled 2 hours today and got there NO MEMORY CARD! So my round shot will have to wait.

Sorry to see you drop out suzie, it's been great following your threads. You know where we are if you ever fancy returning.

On a separate note, travelled 2 hours today and got there NO MEMORY CARD! So my round shot will have to wait.
Ah bummer. Been there mate. Forgot my body once (camera body not my body). Had all my lenses but nothing to put them on. I was livid.

I would be livid with myself If I'd travelled any longish distance and forgotten my card, batteries, body or lenses. Tripod, filters, straps etc can be got worked around, but not cameras, bodies or cards.

Sorry to hear that Susie, I hope you find some photographic inspiration soon :)

Ah bummer. Been there mate. Forgot my body once (camera body not my body). Had all my lenses but nothing to put them on. I was livid.

I've forgotten the my cards more than once, very frustrating.

Done it a few times, along with batteries before! I even had it ready, I had been videoing a local badger sett last night and transferred the footage last night. I need to order some new cards as 3 have packed up, so no spares in the bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back