Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am going to have one more go at getting Splash tonight and if it don't work wait till next week when I return to my beloved Cornwall.

I have managed to bag a cheap Sony A580 for street, beach and biker rallies fitted with the old Minolta 28-135 it makes a pretty effective club as well!:sneaky:

Anyway where is hissy?

Yes its that time again guys & gals,
Here's one I Pull(ed) out earlier

And don't forget this week is also OPTIONAL Re-shoot week

YAY! Bring on the train pix :banana::geek::naughty::woot:

I was thinking of putting on my best bib and tucker and going out on the pull, somehow I think you two will be likely to get a photo not me!;):grumpy::eggface:

I was thinking of putting on my best bib and tucker and going out on the pull, somehow I think you two will be likely to get a photo not me!;):grumpy::eggface:

I am going to be very busy all week, so it`s lucky I pulled on Tuesday night. Not a great shot at all but was taken with my mobile phone, as like I said will be very busy this coming week.

Managed to go to Madeira Drive today for the Aces Cafe reunion Burn up, and omg 1,000s of bikers came to town one of the best reunions ever imo.
Sounds a great day Dave, did you get any pictures?

There's one in the X-T2 thread that Dave took.
Thanks Tim, there is some really great pictures in that thread, I must venture in there again:)

I took the photo for the current weeks PULL theme but left the sdcard at home, so I'm now just waiting for this weeks theme to be pulled out of the hat.

Come on Mr Cobra the time is near.

I took the photo for the current weeks PULL theme but left the sdcard at home, so I'm now just waiting for this weeks theme to be pulled out of the hat.

Come on Mr Cobra the time is near.

The times I have done that, I now keep one in the computer, one in the camera and a emergency one in my wallet!

Where is Hissy?

I still have a lot to edit as busy up till tomorrow. So once I have edited my favourites I will put them in the X-T2 thread :)
I am not in love with that Thruxton you posted in the XT-2 thread honest Dave! ;)

Ooooo This'll stir things up a little ....

is it Art for Art sake, or just a pain in the Art?
:D

Ooooo This'll stir things up a little ....

is it Art for Art sake, or just a pain in the Art?
:D

Could you explain exactly what you mean by art, mr Cobra?;)

I am off to find two red buckets, ever the rebel without a clue,me!:exit:

Dave will be shooting street artists claim they were singing 10cc songs.

In fairness to Dave, there is some justification for saying people singing 10cc in the street should be shot! :police::popcorn:

Last edited:
In fairness to Dave, there is some justification for saying people singing 10cc in the street should be shot! :police::popcorn:
But I've already done the "Art for Art sake" joke :(

Dave will be shooting street artists claim they were singing 10cc songs.

Art ists was what I was shooting today, but my art shot will be different :)

:D:mooning:

I was wondering how many TPers enjoy the processing of your photographs, I spend hours playing around in LR and PS, really enjoy trying different styles for images and although most of what I do never gets seen, I really enjoy it. I do try to shoot a picture with the end style in mind but I also just play around seeing what different effect and looks I can make. Anybody else enjoy the processing side?

Anybody else enjoy the processing side?
Yeah I quite like "playing" I hate LR with a vengeance though,
Everything can be done in CS5 and better ;)

it really depends. When I'm only taking a few shots / only plan to post a few, I quite like editing in LR/PS.
However, when I'm doing the Cosplay photos, as I could have 500+ a day to work through, I try to get the shots as close to being able to post SooC as I can, as spending even 2 or 3 minutes per shot soon adds up.

Yeah I quite like "playing" I hate LR with a vengeance though,
Everything can be done in CS5 and better ;)
I have been trying the free version of capture one and already have Affinity, when my subscription runs out from Adobe I think I will move and buy the Sony only version of Capture one. I really do just play, trying to get a look I want.

it really depends. When I'm only taking a few shots / only plan to post a few, I quite like editing in LR/PS.
However, when I'm doing the Cosplay photos, as I could have 500+ a day to work through, I try to get the shots as close to being able to post SooC as I can, as spending even 2 or 3 minutes per shot soon adds up.
I can understand that Tim, I wanted to do a set for a local bike show, just getting ten pictures exactly how I want them is taking me days! I cannot imagine doing 500+ a day.

when my subscription runs out from Adobe
I never "fell" for that CC con ;)
CS5 was the penultimate buy to own.
CS5 does all I need and more, I certainly won't be going for the cloud version, and if the threads are to be believed there are a few people that won't be
renewing their membership either.

CS5 does all I need and more, I certainly won't be going for the cloud version, and if the threads are to be believed there are a few people that won't be
I had CS2 and elements. CC is night and day different. (And less than 2 pints of beer a month).

I have been a member for two years, it was really convenient for me at the time and the first year was £6.95 a month, but with Capture one doing the organising and I think giving better RAW rendition when first viewed I cant see me renewing unless they give me a huge discount!

Managed to finally catch up with my 3 missing themes, I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen!

In terms of editing I do like to try and see what can be done, but the edits usually consist of the usual blacks, contrast, shadows etc depending on the shot. I do like the dehaze filter too, it comes in handy every now and then.. I'm currently using zoner photo studio which is still running after getting the free trial at the photography show, it seems to work really well.

Managed to finally catch up with my 3 missing themes, I was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen!

In terms of editing I do like to try and see what can be done, but the edits usually consist of the usual blacks, contrast, shadows etc depending on the shot. I do like the dehaze filter too, it comes in handy every now and then.. I'm currently using zoner photo studio which is still running after getting the free trial at the photography show, it seems to work really well.
Just had a quick look at zoner(i had never heard of it) I will download it and give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back