Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't, I value your opinion/critique.
You've pretty much always had a good take on a theme, sometimes it's a bit outthere (not a bad thing to do), but always well taken and well thought out.
I can understand your frustration at some comments of late (I'm not going to get involved with that though, it's not my thing), but i do understand if you want to leave the 52, I just hope in a couple of days time you reconsider.

Thanks

That would be our loss, please do not quit.

You know Roger I have never had a problem with you I visit your thread try to offer you an honest opinion, I welcomed you back last year after your run in with the daft kids in out of focus,
I agreed with a post which seems to have upset you, as you know it got a bit heavy in the discussion thread @Dave70D was having a really hard time, if I thought for a moment I could have helped in anyway I would have PM'd him, as it was such a sensitive subject I didn't think this was the place to discuss it.
I told Dave I admired him a day or two ago for getting back into this so Dave and I are fine I think
I still don't have a problem with you, I don't even know you, I would still buy you a small sweet sherry if you were ever passing :beer:
By the way I changed my avatar, thats me winning the centre of the universe title :p

Please god @Allan.H no.
Your critique and example had been something that has driven me on over the 4 years I've been doing this.

Bit dramatic mate I'm the one flouncing here :coat:

I really really hope you do stick to the 52 and join it again next year @Allan.H I have always loved your truthful CC on my 52 for the last two years, plus I was actually thinking of asking if you would mentor me for the 2019 52, so please stay and help me get better.

Careful what you wish for Dave :popcorn:

Right...
If anyone is interested in what's kept me away from the 52 over the past few weeks, the results of my labour are:
Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/timw1/albums/72157700686153291
And Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/timw1/albums/72157699233034322

Somewhere in the region of 600 edited images over 2 weeks from a starting point of around 900 shots.
Some aren't great technically, but I kept them as I liked the look / expression and/or it was the best shot I got of the subject.

I'm sure I should be able to do a lot better, so suggestions would be appreciated :)

OOOOH tempted :whistle:

Last edited:
@Allan.H I hope you stick around. As has already been said, I enjoy your approach to the themes and your comments, and your images are consistently among the best/most interesting/most challenging each week. This is definitely one of the most friendly and welcoming parts of the whole forum and hopefully the hardcore who are still here can combine to keep the discussion moving positively and hopefully attract some new blood.

@LC2 Wow, that's a lot of work but I can imagine how rewarding it must be for you to be able to produce a record like that of an event, and for the participants to be able to see and enjoy your images after all the work they put into their appearance. How brilliant to have an array of willing and interesting models. too! The conditions look really challenging and I can see why the little Fooj is invaluable when you must be on your feet and carrying it for most of the weekend :)

Thanks

You know Roger I have never had a problem with you I visit your thread try to offer you an honest opinion, I welcomed you back last year after your run in with the daft kids in out of focus,
I agreed with a post which seems to have upset you, as you know it got a bit heavy in the discussion thread @Dave70D was having a really hard time, if I thought for a moment I could have helped in anyway I would have PM'd him, as it was such a sensitive subject I didn't think this was the place to discuss it.
I told Dave I admired him a day or two ago for getting back into this so Dave and I are fine I think
I still don't have a problem with you, I don't even know you, I would still buy you a small sweet sherry if you were ever passing :beer:
By the way I changed my avatar, thats me winning the centre of the universe title :p

Bit dramatic mate I'm the one flouncing here :coat:

Careful what you wish for Dave :popcorn:

Allan we are well OK (y)

And I have no problem with you, even our argument (if you can call it that) had me smiling at the end!
I really hope you will stay, and as for my opinions I am just throwing ideas out there, I do not expect anyone to take any notice of them!

For 2019 I think Hissy should get up earlier on a thursday!;)

Snakio,snakio, where for art thou snakio?:)

Model, now there is an interesting word with a few meanings ;)

Oh ffs ;)
The one week I'm not going to a convention...
Sod it. It's going to be a few days late.

Surely, you must have some model trains!
xLw1xX5.gif

xLw1xX5.gif

Oooh and here’s me off for a week in Whitby - that means North Yorkshire Moors Railway :)

xLw1xX5.gif
I'm playing with 12" to 1' scale ones this weekend.

@LC2 Had a look earlier on,I think you did a great job but imo I think the head shots are the winners.
I would tend to agree, but they miss the costumes, so...

@LC2 Wow, that's a lot of work but I can imagine how rewarding it must be for you to be able to produce a record like that of an event, and for the participants to be able to see and enjoy your images after all the work they put into their appearance. How brilliant to have an array of willing and interesting models. too! The conditions look really challenging and I can see why the little Fooj is invaluable when you must be on your feet and carrying it for most of the weekend :)
Bang on. I did some with the 5D3, but 2-3 days, 8 hours a day, the X-T2 comes out on top by miles.
The conditions can be really challenging. Cardiff Film & Comic Con had (inconsistent) sodium lights!!!

gwan gwan gwan.

I seem to do it every time don't it? :LOL:
Yes, yes you do ;)

After last week have decided to finish with the 52, as an opinionated new boy who has never finished one I will leave. Tatty Bye.

After last week have decided to finish with the 52, as an opinionated new boy who has never finished one I will leave. Tatty Bye.
Take no notice and finish if only to prove something to yourself :)

Don't stop now, Roger - you did so well to catch up and you've produced some cracking images. The 52 is a personal challenge above all else, so keep sharing your images and your opinions and keep going!

Yesterday someone deleted my flickr account, rear car window smashed and a few other things. Will not be able to sort until Saturday, sorry if that makes the threads look untidy until then.:mad:

BUGGER! I hope you get it all sort it soon (y)
And don't worry about the threads looking untidy :)

It seems that Roger has left the building.
Most of his images have been deleted ...

DOH! :facepalm:

If we could have the theme from:
Film
Comic
Anime
Cosplay
Homestuck
Danganronpa
Suicide Squad
Marvel
DC
Attack on Titan
Undertale

It would be quite helpful ;)
That is gonna be very very expensive :D

Reactions: LC2
I'm going off line for the next couple of days ...
Hopefully I'll see you on the other side of my computer upgrade. (y)

Week 43
Corner(ed)
open it when you want

I'm going off line for the next couple of days ...
Hopefully I'll see you on the other side of my computer upgrade. (y)

Week 43
Corner(ed)
open it when you want
I'm not looking

Well I have checked the spoiler ( as its thursday) as I was on here early to harass Cobra, dam him going away, just can't get the staff these days.

Quite happy with this weeks theme I think, not that I have done last weeks yet.

Pete

I've been biting my tongue for ages on what I am about to say and no doubt I will regret it but TBH I have pretty much given up on this discussion thread because of all the personal issues. I fully understand that some people have difficult lives and that if that stops someone posting and commenting then I’m OK with the occasional message here to that effect but this is not, IMO, the place for week-in week-out blow-by-blow account of people’s personal troubles. It’s meant to be a fun foto challenge not a self-help group.

I’m going to see the year out and I really enjoy the challenge but it’s very unlikely I’ll be doing it again next year. It’s really lost the energy and fun it had a couple of years ago.

I will be playing a joker as have not picked up the camera for a while, as trying to help Mum and my laptop is getting worse ( slow ) plus I have a cold so will try and put it in tonight if lappy turns on.

I went out yesterday to get this one. Crikey they’re everywhere! There’s one on every cor... wait!

Got a few :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back