Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

When I look on your thread Tim, via the app both images show on week 1. I see no broken images or an x. There is only one post in the images thread that doesn't show images #88 I think it was by zeus. Both flickr images and another post linked from the gallery are showing fine.
I agree Michael, the state of Flickr hosted images on the forum at the moment seems to be brought to you by Camelot and Guinevere.
Actually, worse than that, as it keeps changing for no apparent reason.
Maybe it's some image caching mechanism slowly catching up? I guess we let it settle for a few days and see how it pans out.
On another note I'm still without my laptop. Stupid pc world insurance customer service s have decided to send a replacement charger via snail mail!
Back in the day, a trip to Tandy / Maplin would have allowed you to pick up a generic charger, usually straight from stock (we've had to do that on a couple of occasions), but with the death of the highstreet...

FFS, I hate inconsistent results, it's impossible to troubleshoot.
Tis a bugger eh? Thanks Tim.
So if I understand correctly what is happing, new links, resize etc, from flickr normally results in a showing image.
and this seems to have been sufficiently different to allow the image to show again in my personal thread.
The old forum, not sure about this one, used to cashe the links / images. When this happened even a replacement code didn't work as it "old one" over rode the "new one"
The way around it iirs was to delete the post completely and and do it again. Of course this buggers up the sequence in something like the 52'ers
Looks like the TP Gallery might be the way forward while Marcel and the Server Hamsters investigate.
Were any identical images directly loaded to the TP gallery and posted using TP's BB code showing, that weren't showing using the flickr BB code?

So if I understand correctly what is happing, new links, resize etc, from flickr normally results in a showing image.
New links at different dimensions certainly worked (for me and at least one other).
New links using the old dimensions seemed to be inconstant. They would show, then disappear and are currently showing again.

From my perspective
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...ns-for-2019-week-ii-clean.690377/post-8346300
is currently showing the original and the resized images. Does that look the same to you?

When Michael said that the images were showing again in the main thread, they weren't for me until I did a CTRL F5 refresh (force browser cache refresh), but I had tried that before to no avail.

I didn't try the TP Gallery + bbcode, I just did an image upload to the (takes on Liquid) thread - that worked.

Does that look the same to you?
That's what I see too (y)
I didn't try the TP Gallery + bbcode,
That's what I was getting at, in case there was some sort of confliction.
Would be interesting to try an image that is not showing on TP from flicker, to up load and post from the TP gallery as a direct comparison.
I just did an image upload to the (takes on Liquid) thread - that worked.
There doesn't seem to be any issues with direct attached files either

I suspect it's an issue with the forum and browser cache interaction
I seem to remember something about that( but I don't really understand it) last time there was a complete upgrade.

Maybe hacking
Marcel takes all this on himself to do (Switch overs) and thing do go pear shaped, I suspect its more like "operator error" than hacking ;)

I seem to remember something about that( but I don't really understand it) last time there was a complete upgrade.
Marcel takes all this on himself to do (Switch overs) and thing do go pear shaped, I suspect its more like "operator error" than hacking ;)
If you add pragma no-cache to the headers of the web pages, it forces the browser to request the content anew, rather than relying on cache.
The downside is that the servers need to deliver all the content, so it does use a lot more bandwidth.

If you add pragma no-cache to the headers of the web pages, it forces the browser to request the content anew, rather than relying on cache.
The downside is that the servers need to deliver all the content, so it does use a lot more bandwidth.
I'll let him know, justin case (y)

Well i've just posted this weeks theme and guess what, i'm getting a big red cross.

If its this, I can see it

View attachment 235542
Well that's wierd, when I was at the computer they didn't show up, now looking on my phone, they do. So I suspect if I was to go back to the computer they would be showing (but I've turned it off now). Maybe I needed to exit the forum and come back again.

Aah, turn it off and on again...

Well that's wierd, when I was at the computer they didn't show up, now looking on my phone, they do. So I suspect if I was to go back to the computer they would be showing (but I've turned it off now). Maybe I needed to exit the forum and come back again.

It is all very strange. Yesterday my images were showing on my phone (having not shown the previous evening) but when I looked later on the computer they were not showing. I had to link to different sized images for them to show in the threads.

I've just noticed red crosses on the front page at the top of two of the featured threads, too.

It is all very strange. Yesterday my images were showing on my phone (having not shown the previous evening) but when I looked later on the computer they were not showing. I had to link to different sized images for them to show in the threads.

I've just noticed red crosses on the front page at the top of two of the featured threads, too.
It's all getting strangerer and strangerer.

All of mine have been fine up until today, then they went a bit squiffy, now it seems to be working again.

YpNVfG1.png
for Rick @rick448 :D

Oh bugger

Tut tut, commenting in the no comment thread.

:LOL:
Oh well he's deleted it now too late

I'm eager for week 4 now.

I'm eager for week 4 now.

I am looking forward to it too, i'm pleased I have made it to week 3. Week 2 & 3 I did not spend enough time on them. (I only have excuses, which means I need to try hard for week 4!)

Back