Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

Although I did warn everyone this weeks theme, might be a bit of a Rough one ;)

Last edited:
Oh and no selfies after a night out guys, we don't want to scare the gals :p

Reactions: rpn
Well the new theme is published! How do you take an image of an emotion because after falling out with my floor fitters, that is exactly how I feel!! ROUGH!

Well the new theme is published! How do you take an image of an emotion because after falling out with my floor fitters, that is exactly how I feel!! ROUGH!
I take it they didn't do a good job and the floor is looking rough?
( Shouldn't laugh sorry)

Hi all .... I'm late in this week ....and no comments done :( BT have messed up our new broadband and I'm having to rely on my O2 mobile signal which isn't great here ....hopefully will manage to hop in a bit more next week, but we're not reconnected now till end of Feb :runaway:

:hug: for those struggling with work etc., do what you can when you can ...there's plenty more weeks to come :)

BT have messed up our new broadband
Don't talk to me about BT! bunch of twatts!
Its taken them 2 years to actually admit that there is a fault with my line and a further 6 weeks to actually do something about it!
(they are acyually working on it now, connecting up the new line that was installed yesterday ..
Hopefully they won't mess that up, and down time should be "Short"

On the plus side I am on first name terms with Nick Lane, the CEO!
nick.lane@ee.co.uk
I know its an ee email but he is the man to complain to (y)

Sorry Guys, I'm back :p
Lets see if this whole new "line" is better than the other one :LOL:

4 Days in That London next week - Rough shouldn't be a problem :D

@Cobra - in the space of 5 months last year I had 11 Openreach engineers at my house. The first one replaced the line from outside my house into my house - of course they do not remove their old wiring - you have to remove it all yourself! And then after that 10 more engineers doing varying tests and 'fixes'. It was only the last engineer who actually realised that my line, instead of coming from the telegraph pole across the street and into my house, it actually went for a run up a nearby cul-de-sac, did an about turn at the top, came back down to the telegraph pole (about 250yds), and then came across the road into my house!!! When I asked him if he had cut that stray bit of line out and connected me straight across - he said no - that was another job but certainly not his! My actual fault lay at the top of the line where it turned the corner to come back down!! I knew them all by name by the time they finished. And of course, if they have sent you an 'overland' engineer, he can't actually go down into the connections in the road, you have to call an 'underground' engineer for that!! It beggars belief - and some of the engineers were such that I would not trust them to wire a plug!

Now I'm really worried!
BT are flicking a switch to enable my superfast service this weekend.
God only knows what a mess they'll make of that.

If I'm never heard of again it'll either be because they have flicked the wrong switch, and they won't be able to flick the right switch until November....
....or I'll be in prison for vandalising the nearest open reach van!

(I'm joking about the van....just in case any lawyers are reading this!!):LOL:

A quick question.... When I check the posts on my phone I notice that some threads show a large image of the last photo posted whereas as others show a small image to the right. Is this a random affair or is it a setting which people opt for?

in the space of 5 months last year I had 11 Openreach engineers at my house. The first one replaced the line from outside my house into my house - of course they do not remove their old wiring - you have to remove it all yourself! And then after that 10 more engineers doing varying tests and 'fixes'. It was only the last engineer who actually realised that my line, instead of coming from the telegraph pole across the street and into my house, it actually went for a run up a nearby cul-de-sac, did an about turn at the top, came back down to the telegraph pole (about 250yds), and then came across the road into my house!!! When I asked him if he had cut that stray bit of line out and connected me straight across - he said no - that was another job but certainly not his! My actual fault lay at the top of the line where it turned the corner to come back down!! I knew them all by name by the time they finished. And of course, if they have sent you an 'overland' engineer, he can't actually go down into the connections in the road, you have to call an 'underground' engineer for that!! It beggars belief - and some of the engineers were such that I would not trust them to wire a plug!
Bloody unbelievable!
My "problem" was 50 year old, un sleeved ( no trunking) copper cable buried when the house was built, and it was breaking down.
To be fair, they tied up after them, although it was an easy dig in the gravel drive, and I told the guy to leave fixing the internal wire as he was about to staple it to my stained and varnished skirting board :rolleyes:

And I like ROUGH - that is going to make me think!
:muted: :muted: :LOL:

A quick question.... When I check the posts on my phone I notice that some threads show a large image of the last photo posted whereas as others show a small image to the right. Is this a random affair or is it a setting which people opt for?
I've no idea Bob, seems a bit weird to me, I don't think its a setting, it sounds more like random file handling.
Is it still happening? I know Marcel was tweaking image stuff recently.

BT are flicking a switch to enable my superfast service this weekend.
God only knows what a mess they'll make of that.
When I went from copper to FFTC it was seamless (y)
About the only thing that did work ( for awhile at least :D )
Now the trunking is all in and buried hopefully when they get around to FTTP here it should be an easy swap (y)

Yes still happening. Maybe it's connected to image size, or something. No big deal either way..
If you want to link a couple of threads where this is happening I'll check it on my (Android) phone and see if I get the same, and if there is a fault that Marcel needs to look at (y)

The rest show the small pic
That's weird, on my android via FF they are all showing the same size image.
Are you using Chrome? there have been a couple of reports recently that it seems to be conflicting with the forum

Last edited:
Come on, keep up folks...

I'm done already ;)

When I went from copper to FFTC it was seamless (y)
About the only thing that did work ( for awhile at least :D )
Now the trunking is all in and buried hopefully when they get around to FTTP here it should be an easy swap (y)

Good to know, thanks @Cobra (y)
My new hub arrived this morning, it's up and running well, though only at my previous, slower speed.
Just waiting for them to flick that switch now....fingers crossed!

Just waiting for them to flick that switch now....fingers crossed!
IIRC when they switched me over, I had to turn off the Internet and wait for the emailed instructions
I did chuckle at that :D

IIRC when they switched me over, I had to turn off the Internet and wait for the emailed instructions
I did chuckle at that :D
It's like bt saying "problems with your phone, phone this number"

It's like bt saying "problems with your phone, phone this number"
The best one I saw was a a few years ago, a massive bill board Help for the illiterate ( or some such wording)
with contact details of where to write or email.

The best one I saw was a a few years ago, a massive bill board Help for the illiterate ( or some such wording)
with contact details of where to write or email.
There used to be a Braille board in Lime st station in Liverpool, how did they find it.

I’m going to be late with week 6 and week 7 images and comments etc etc, as I was out earlier on took some images for the theme and when I got back to my pc to download the files from the SD card. Something massively went wrong and I’ve lost all my files for the themes, so until I can afford to pay for data recovery software I have no way of being able to get my images back

I’m going to be late with week 6 and week 7 images and comments etc etc, as I was out earlier on took some images for the theme and when I got back to my pc to download the files from the SD card. Something massively went wrong and I’ve lost all my files for the themes, so until I can afford to pay for data recovery software I have no way of being able to get my images back

That's not good Mandy is it worth trying http://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Back