Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

Who is bringing the drink? Are we celebrating New Year tomorrow? Chinese (lunar) New Year of The Pig, Oink!

dQwR5pO.gif

Someday someone on here might be over BCN way...
OK Guys 52 meet all at Bobs place (y)

Are we celebrating New Year tomorrow? Chinese (lunar) New Year of The Pig, Oink!
I think there is a few people on TP (Present company excluded of course) that don't need an excuse to "celebrate" anything ;)

Is it Thursday yet? Sorry if i haven't commented on anyone's photos yet i try to do at least 3 a week and different ones. Its a shame you cant reset the little picture of yourself on threads so you could see where you have commented each week.

Last edited:
Phew that was a marathon session, all caught up now, I comment as much as I can and usually catch everyone, apologies to anyone I've missed, I think there were a few missing links.
Some super photos from everyone, I'm really enjoying the challenge again ....glad I made the effort :)

Like Rob above, I struggle to add comments on everyone's contributions but manage at least a few each week. Work has become manic lately and it's been my photography that has kept me sane (ish). The challenge has been rather a lifesaver in that regard. I'm really appreciating the comments on my efforts, and it is good to take on board other people's ideas about where I can improve the taking or presentation of a particular image, so I do want to oblige in return as much as possible.

Like Rob above, I struggle to add comments on everyone's contributions but manage at least a few each week.
As I've said, for the past few years, its pretty impossible, to comment on them all, and no one expects you to.
Just so long as no one gets left out (y)

I'm retired so I do have a lot more time but I still find its not always easy to juggle the comments part of the thread and I don’t always catch everyone. It must be so much more difficult when your working, just do what you can, when you can, all comments are appreciated. The last thing you want is for it to become a chore, enjoy the challenge that’s the main thing :)

Oooops ....cobra beat me to it!

Last edited:
Last edited:
If all goes well I could be joining a photography club here in town called The Brighton and Hove Camera Club, all goes well this Thursday night I will join it in a couple of weeks. Do any 52 members do a club ?
I’m not in a club. Keep saying I will join one and now I have more time it is something that I’ve been thinking about, but not got round to it. I’ve googled to see what there is locally and have an idea which I would prefer.I did go to one meeting a couple of years ago at a club in an area that I was living at the time. Life events stopped me going back. They had two sessions which followed on from each other. One for beginners and then the later session for the more experienced.
My suggestion would be, ifthere are several in your local area give each a try and get the feel of them and see which you would enjoy more. You’ve nothing to lose except a few pounds and if it helps in your photographic journey then it is a winner. Most don’t meet in the summer months. Good Luck let us know how you get on.

Looks good, I think @Manxmaid might be a member of one too. The one in town has been going since 1881 so it must be a good one.

http://bhcc-online.org/ Hope staff don`t mind the link.

Hi Dave, yes Georgina @Missycat and I both both joined our local one three years ago and we have found it great fun - so much so that we both joined the committee last summer and we are now helping to organise things! It's a good way to meet other photographers and I have found it very useful in learning to self-critique my images and try different things. But you also learn that a judge's comments are just their opinions and not to take anything too seriously; an image that is a prize winner one month can be an also-ran with a different judge :)

As for commenting, I was completely up-to-date with everyone's images until the weekend but I've hardly been on here since then. I'm hoping to get my image tomorrow as I was thwarted with my plans at the weekend, and then I'll do another round of everyone's latest images. I find the 'Images Only' thread is the best way to keep up with everyone's images, just by remembering where I was up to last time.

Last edited:
Hi Dave, yes Georgina @Missycat and I both both joined our local one three years ago and we have found it great fun - so much so that we both joined the committee last summer and we are now helping to organise things! It's a good way to meet other photographers and I have found it very useful in learning to self-critique my images and try different things. But you also learn that a judge's comments are just their opinions and not to take anything too seriously; an image that is a prize winner one month can be an also-ran with a different judge :)

As for commenting, I was completely up-to-date with everyone's images until the weekend but I've hardly been on here since then. I'm hoping to get my image tomorrow as I was thwarted with my plans at the weekend, and then I'll do another round of everyone's latest images. I find the 'Image Only' thread is the best way to keep up with everyone's images, just by remembering where I was up to last time.

Thank you for that Andrea.

Great cold pictures posted, sorry for my poor commenting hoping to soon be back at a desk rather than siting on the end of a futon trying to edit photos & comment.

There are some of these MeetUp photography groups which I was looking into. Barcelona Street Photography and such like. Like-minded toggers get together to walk around and snap away and there's an organiser who is the "pro" and will give advice etc. Everyone pays about 5€. It could be interesting I suppose but it could also be a waste of time. Maybe I should go on one but I never have enough time. This challenge/forum is a great place for learning and seeing other people's ideas anyway.

Am l right in thinking that l don't post my catch up photos in the main thread, only in my own one.
Well the idea was you can post links to catch-ups under the current weeks image.
ie:- week (xx) linky.
But I'm not sure that its being adhered to.
It was to make the front page a little tidier. But TBH I'm not bothered either way.
I know Tim @LC2 has his own thoughts on that :D

There are some of these MeetUp photography groups which I was looking into. Barcelona Street Photography and such like. Like-minded toggers get together to walk around and snap away and there's an organiser who is the "pro" and will give advice etc. Everyone pays about 5€. It could be interesting I suppose but it could also be a waste of time. Maybe I should go on one but I never have enough time. This challenge/forum is a great place for learning and seeing other people's ideas anyway.

I've done a few of these around Norwich, they're great fun!
I've lived near Norwich for over thirty years, but still got a lot out of it, seeing the city from different angles that I'd never considered was a breath of fresh air....and I met some great folks too.
I paid £15 for my photo walk, which is reasonable...we were walking and shooting for three hours.
There were twelve of us...felt a bit like a 'gang' of togs!... but also felt a sense of 'safety in numbers' since we were out and about after dark, not something I would have considered doing on my own.
We were only asked to stop once....which was a first for me!...a car park security chap told us to leave the multi-story....but then again our pro 'guide' was hanging from a lamp post on the top story to get a panorama!:giggle:

When the weather gets better, I hope to do more.

Thursday eve :banana:

Chinese New Year celebrations this weekend #justsayin :D

It's Thursday.

Who does the spreadsheet. Need a tick in my Distant one. I haven't missed any yet.

Last edited:
I'll sort it later.
No idea how to do it on my phone!
No problem.
No idea how you even keep on top of it all. I have added a check list to my OP in my thread might make it easier to see where I'm up to. Linked to the actual images as well so people browsing can find them.

It seems a few of you are Waiting for a theme, happy to oblige (y)

Trainstation with people waiting incoming. Lol

Is there a new monthly technical yet (or have I missed it being announced)?

Back