Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

I must apologiese as I just haven't had the time in the last couple of weeks to look at and comment on peoples images - I will try harder in the coming weeks.

For us members with Fuji X this will be easy, as everyone knows that Fuji Sooc Jpegs are just great :D
That's why I didn't join in, I didn't want to up set you with my superior Canon (y)
:p

There is a difference though, between guaranteed minimum and predicted, your contact should say which is which.
However If it falls below the guaranteed minimum, within 3 ( I think it is) months you can get out of the contract with no penalties.
Thats also written into your contract..

You may also find that over the next few days they will ramp it up, until it falls over. And then they'll back it off a bit.

Thanks @Cobra indeed it's been fluctuating for a few days, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until next week before kicking off!:giggle:
I've read through the contract, and you're right of course, if it doesn't reach their predicted speed, I can cancel at no charge....no mention how long I have though, but I'll keep looking.
And thanks for linking to your superb sensor cleaning guide....I've followed it very closely, but seem to have developed some reliability issues now....I'm sure a few hours in the microwave will sort it out!!:LOL:

Oh and regarding Canon Vs Fuji....I'll bet that a Fuji can't be rinsed under the tap and dried in a microwave!!!:D

..no mention how long I have though, but I'll keep looking.
I'm not sure that it actually states that in the contract and I took it to me "The whole of the contract"
It was the CEO's monkey that said that while I was abusing him, negotiating a deal for all the inconvenience.

And thanks for linking to your superb sensor cleaning guide...
Happy to help, (y)
There is also a quick guide on how to clean a 70-200 2.8 if you need it (y)
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/cobra-school-of-lens-cleaning.370637/

..I'm sure a few hours in the microwave will sort it out!!:LOL:
900w for 5 mins did it, :D

Yes, @Cobra , my name does not lie and I do live north of the border, born and bred in the far north although now living in the 'soft' middle! And yes, it almost always rains here. But not to order I am afraid. Monday and Tuesday seem to be the best wet days according to the forecast for up here. Fingers crossed.

I've had a stinker of a cold since Wednesday so I suppose I could have done a selfie on Thursday with a dripping nose :puke: but it looks as though the rain is here for a few days so hopefully I'll get an image and also catch up with commenting by mid-week.

That does not surprise me at all, with the temp up and down over the last few days.

Wow, just spent a few hours viewing everyone’s photos and commenting. What a talented bunch you all are. Some of the images are worthy of a gallery spot for sure. One of the reasons I love this 52 is that it pushes me to take out my camera and take photos which is what it’s all about to me. Whether there good or bad in our opinion this thread must be the envy of a lot on talk photography! I do try to comment on as many as I can. Sorry if there not very constructive but I think it’s only fair if time is taken to view my thread and comment then even a snipit from me is the least I can do.
The weeks come and go so fast, just missing a few days and trying to catch is a feat in its self. What a great thing to be part of !

Wow, just spent a few hours viewing everyone’s photos and commenting. What a talented bunch you all are. Some of the images are worthy of a gallery spot for sure. One of the reasons I love this 52 is that it pushes me to take out my camera and take photos which is what it’s all about to me. Whether there good or bad in our opinion this thread must be the envy of a lot on talk photography! I do try to comment on as many as I can. Sorry if there not very constructive but I think it’s only fair if time is taken to view my thread and comment then even a snipit from me is the least I can do.
The weeks come and go so fast, just missing a few days and trying to catch is a feat in its self. What a great thing to be part of !

I completely agree with every word....I was just thinking of how to voice how privileged I feel to be part of this great challenge and community, but you have said it better than I ever could!
I also worry that my critique is not particularly constructive....I try to be positive, but the truth is I'm usually so impressed with the spectacular images that are posted here every day, that I seem to get carried away with warm, fuzzy positivity!!:)

Hope you feel better soon Andrea @Manxmaid (y)

Last edited:
Just Wet to do and im caught up, amazing how you can easily fall behind.

I was going to do sooc, but I din't change from raw!

Black and white in camera jpeg acceptable for the sooc technique? In case I want to keep my black and white theme going.
I don't see why not (y)

Has the "catchup pix in your own thread only" thing gone by the wayside?

Has the "catchup pix in your own thread only" thing gone by the wayside?
It was always going to be a bit of a contentious thing :D

So I've done Wet but I'm not happy with it, I'm now not sure that I'll be able to get a re-shoot (of this particular set up) until Thursday. So it looks like I'm going to have to think of something else.

Just had a look at the spreadsheet and saw that this is a 'free week'. Which means we post an image of anything, or have a week off??? And if we do post an image and use the Technique, does that still count or do we have to use the Technique on one of our 'counted' weeks? So many questions, sorry!

Just had a look at the spreadsheet and saw that this is a 'free week'. Which means we post an image of anything, or have a week off??? And if we do post an image and use the Technique, does that still count or do we have to use the Technique on one of our 'counted' weeks? So many questions, sorry!

I'm wondering the same thing!
For a second I thought the theme was 'free week'!
"How on earth do you photograph a 'free week'?" I thought!:LOL:

Right guys this weeks theme as a few of you have realised already is a "Free week"

Just to recap. "Free week"
1) Post what you want. Any subject you like.
or
2) post nothing, have a week off if you want.
or
3) use it to catch up, if you have fallen behind.
4) Yes, if you post something "random" and use the technique it counts.

Last edited:
Is it a coincidence that the 'free week' coincides with Comic-Con season?!;)
Oh Bugger :D
The "Free weeks" were added randomly at the start of the year, some people are just lucky I guess :D

Back