Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

I'm trying to be as honest as possible with my commenting, I don't wish to upset anyone, I just want to say what I think, in a constructive way and not sound or come across as being rude.

Advice and tips/help is not being rude at all Dominic it`s being helpful imo (y)

I have posted this weeks theme 'clean' but i can't link it. My tiny little brain can't cope. So i click the post number in the top right corner, but of which post? the one in my thread or the pic only thread? It was sooo much easier when there was a share button.

I've been outside for a cigarette, which has cleared my brain and i have now worked out how to do it. Thank the lord :)

Last edited:
Hi Dave, I’ve got that one too, the camera is excellent isn’t it, but it did make me lazy with my main camera, in fact I had it packed up for sale on eBay, but then I joined back into the 52’s and it’s back in action, so glad now that I didn’t sell it :)

Back on the laptop now, yes Susie it is a cracking camera on it and really like it. I`m still setting the phone up how I want it but at the moment it is one very very good mobile phone with a cracker of a camera.

Hi Dave, I’ve got that one too, the camera is excellent isn’t it, but it did make me lazy with my main camera, in fact I had it packed up for sale on eBay, but then I joined back into the 52’s and it’s back in action, so glad now that I didn’t sell it :)
Don't sell your main camera. Phone cameras are great for a lot of things, but they do have there limitations.

Hi folks, I only just realised it's next year already. I was looking at my camera, which hasn't seen much use lately, and wondering what I could do with it. Then I got thinking about 2018, and not getting past week 16, then realised, cripes, it's 2019, I can have another go.... so I have caught up by taking two pics today, both of which were fun to think about and take.

However, I've just been reading the rules and saw the bit about posting catch-up pics; oops, sorry, I posted the images separately (at least they are consecutive, so don't really take up any more space :angelic: )

Do I get a free doughnut?

I'm trying to be as honest as possible with my commenting, I don't wish to upset anyone, I just want to say what I think, in a constructive way and not sound or come across as being rude.
As one of several newbies to the 52 challenge, I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating any critique offered, and certainly appreciate the time others have taken to view and comment.
I'm learning all the time, and value any different ideas that others more experienced may have about my images.
Since I am as yet very inexperienced in critique I hope those whose images I have commented on, don't mind my style of critique, to wit I will generally say what I like about the image and leave out what I don't like - not that there has been anything about any image I've seen that I don't like.
I know this is perhaps not the most helpful technique...I hope to improve in the coming weeks and months.
I've seen some amazing work by all here...and I'm proud to be a small part of it!!

@Nostromo ...Rude?...You?...Not in a million years!!:)

Last edited:
As one of several newbies to the 52 challenge, I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating any critique offered, and certainly appreciate the time others have taken to view and comment.
I'm learning all the time, and value any different ideas that others more experienced may have about my images.
Since I am as yet very inexperienced in critique I hope those whose images I have commented on, don't mind my style of critique, to wit I will generally say what I like about the image and leave out what I don't like - not that there has been anything about any image I've seen that I don't like.
I know this is perhaps not the most helpful technique...I hope to improve in the coming weeks and months.
I've seen some amazing work by all here...and I'm proud to be a small part of it!!

@Nostromo ...Rude?...You?...Not in a million years!!:)
Your comments, Gareth, have been well received I think (certainly the ones I've read in the various threads), so keep it up.
I, on the other had, can be a bit blunt on occasions - people just have to learn to ignore me when I'm having a rant.
I do try to be nice for the first month or so and I do try to be constructive with my critique.

....people just have to learn to ignore me.....

Did somebody say something there?!
:LOL:

Just kidding Tim, your comments are most appreciated whether they're blunt or sharp or soft...hmm getting lost in my own metaphors here...haven't thought it through properly!!:LOL:

Morning all - i'm looking to add my entry here and also do all the linky stuff back to my thread.

I saw a 'how to' on here about how to do the linky bit but can someone point me to how I actually get my image into this and my own thread please?

I open the photos (no comments) thread and my thread and have them both open.
I have already uploaded the image on Flickr so that's open too.
1. I copy the BBCode from Flickr and then insert my image into my thread and post reply, and also into the photos (no comments) thread (but leave open)
2. Back in my thread I right click on the post number/hashtag thing in the righthand top corner and then click on Copy Link Address
3. Then back to the photos thread (which is still open obviously), write "linky", under the "text" of the photo already copied from Flickr, highlight and click on the link button (Insert link), this opens the link box where you can then paste the link copied in 2. Click on Insert.
4. Finally click post reply.

Is that what you need?

Last edited:
but can someone point me to how I actually get my image into this and my own thread please?
If you use flickr copy and paste the BB code straight into the reply box,
If you use the TP gallery same applies
If you want to attach from your device click the attach files under the reply box.
Make sure its below 500Kb if doing that, and up 1024Px in all cases

Edit typing when Bob posted :)

Oooh I think I suggested limiting the main thread to the the relevant week :coat:
A couple of others followed suit on that Susie, and TBH I thought it was a good idea too. :)

I also copied @GarethB and put links to the individual photos in my thread into the first post of the thread, easier to find as the thread grows.....

In your own thread …..
1. Click on the post number/hashtag thing for the photo and click on copy link address.
2. Go to your first post of all and click edit.
3- Write a linky thing (for example, Week 1 - New), highlight and click on the insert link button, in the box paste the copy link address.

Then you have individual links which take you straight to the photo in question.

All pretty basic stuff but I was well-chuffed when I worked out how to do it. :rolleyes:

If you use flickr copy and paste the BB code straight into the reply box,

Edit typing when Bob posted :)
That was too easy for me, I was faffing about with the Insert link and Insert Image icon and trying various things in the boxes that come up, sometimes they would work work.
If they are not used could they be deleted ^ & ^
hope the text stays line up for the pointy up arrows.

I was faffing about with the Insert link and Insert Image icon
Yes it is all rather confusion , the insert link is for hyper linking, but the insert image serves no purpose that I can see either.

Ok, so i know it's only Tuesday evening, but if the next theme could be something that I can use my new, secondhand sigma 150mm 2.8 macro lens on (being delivered tomorrow, if they can find my house, being out in the arse end of nowhere).
Thank you, I don't have a bunch of fivers to put in an envelope now I've bought it.

Insider information
As I've said many times, there is no point in having power if you don't abuse it (y)
(Just ask the "old hands" :D )

AAARRGGGHHH, I am getting frustrated with trying to get the image into the thread, i have created a link, but don`t seem capable of putting the image in there.:withstupid:

I'm learning all the time, and value any different ideas that others more experienced may have about my images

Agree totally with this, and also with receiving comments/critique from those lacking photography experience. I think it's great to see how others view my images, what they like, what they don't and what they'd do different. It all keeps me on my toes so I try and improve my skills.

And I never take offence - you can read a comment a 1000 times and it could be typed one way and interpreted another. Internet forums are well known for the amount of posts that may not be grammatically correct and get interpreted differently and offence is taken.

Gotta be a rhino and have fun - I am :)

Back