Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

I am going to make an effort to catch up properly in the next week, both in posting the two entries I'm behind on, and commenting on other folks images.

I see that on the spreadsheet my entry for Hot has not been marked as completed?

That's what I keep saying Tim ...hi everyone, my apologies for my lateness I just cant seem to catch up and keep up. Anyway, I'm up to date (until tomorrow) and I will try over the next couple of days to take an hour or so to catch up with comments. Thank you to everyone who has looked into my thread and commented I really do appreciate it. I know from past experience that once you get behind with comments its daunting to catch up, I will do my best and then I think I'll do what Cobra suggested a while ago and at least do the six that have posted before me each week, hopefully that way I'll catch everyone at sometime.

@Cobra just a quick update for you on my BT broadband shambles, everything up and running now, I had three months @£30 of data for my mobile, a £140 pre paid Mastercard, and a free Samsung 10.8" tablet. My payment is fixed at £28.99 a month for the contract so in the end I must say I'm pleased.

@Cobra just a quick update for you on my BT broadband shambles, everything up and running now, I had three months @£30 of data for my mobile, a £140 pre paid Mastercard, and a free Samsung 10.8" tablet. My payment is fixed at £28.99 a month for the contract so in the end I must say I'm pleased.
That's a result Susie (y)
I'm hurt though, when they gave me my "freebies" they said we don't do this for everyone you know :D
So I need to get back to them and ask where my Samsung tablet is :D

A question for the Fuji X users.

What is everyone using as their macro set up? I am currently reverse mounting a 28mm canon FD film lens with good results. (considering the adaptor ring was £7.99 on eBay and I borrowed the canon lens.) Just curious what everyone else is using, zhongyi mitakon 20mm f/2 4.5x super macro lens looks tempting for £160ish on ebay, flickr group images look good.

Hi Dom, I've thought of buying a dedicated macro lens but I am pleased with my two Raynox clip on lenses 150 and 250, both about £45 each.

I was just so persistent they gave in and threw it all at me to get rid of me !
:LOL:
And you need(ed) to be too! otherwise you just get fobbed off like I was for years until I got the CEO involved :D
Still I guess at £19.99 / month on an 18 month contract compensates for not getting the tablet :D
The £125 credit was also handy, its nearly run out now, I wonder if I can apply for another ? :D

thursd-655x400.jpg

On to week 21
On the Whole, this maybe a tricky one ;)

On to week 21
On the Whole, this maybe a tricky one ;)

East Lancs Railway 1940s weekend :)

Could be a whole lot of steam going on :banana:

Got the all great news that my heart is good and strong and healthy, but WOW what a test and to actually hear your own heart beating at over 140min was well cool. So it looks like I need to exercise more to get my lungs a bit better. Like the theme too as I saw a photo of the WHOLE of my heart and valves.

Not wholly convinced I can do this one justice! Although off to the Japanese Gardens tomorrow, camera in hand so will look out for a wholly appropriate photo.

Well done Dave on passing your tests.

I'm still here, I've been pretty busy of late, so haven't been around much. I've got my Decay and free week photo done (well, they're on the memory card). I was just about to go and put them through lightroom and onto Flickr and then found out Flickr isn't working at the moment, doh. Something to do with it changing from yahoo too amazon.

Oh, so that's what they are doing...
Thread HERE
You should be receiving how to change your log in (Got mine) details.
You no longer need a Yahoo account or email addresses, anything will do ( I use Gmail)
But at the moment, its purely voluntary whether of not that will change, who knows?

What with Flickr changing its T&C's and apparently Adobe CC doing a dirty on subscription.
HERE if you haven't seen the thread
That's 2 of main driving forces p***ing off the photographers.
Although granted, there is now, a few alternatives to Adobe.
I use CS5, I have never had any intention of swapping that for the cloud version, and that's one reason why not!

Last edited:
Just back from hospital, turns out some idiot spiked my drink on Saturday as felt bloody terrible since then. How the hell some one can do that is beyond words, last time I ever take my eyes off my drink.
FFS Dave!
There truly is a few arse holes about :(

Really struggling to keep up now. Work has ramped up a gear and with the nicer weather we've been out more.
Still enjoying it. Still blown away by the quality and imagination of peoples images.
Now to catch up on some feedback for others.

Last edited:
I can`t remember anything from Saturday till today so it`s just a blank.
I used to do that when I was younger too :D

( sorry shouldn't joke :( )

But it makes you wonder WTF the motive was, other than just being an arse?

I used to do that when I was younger too :D

( sorry shouldn't joke :( )

But it makes you wonder WTF the motive was, other than just being an arse?

Me too when I was a lot younger :D
I have put some photos up on my vocalists page asking if they know some of the people in them.

Just back from hospital, turns out some idiot spiked my drink on Saturday as felt bloody terrible since then. How the hell some one can do that is beyond words, last time I ever take my eyes off my drink.
Don't understand how people get off on that - especially if they have just targeted a random stranger. Hope you are feeling a bit better now Dave. You will be getting a Frequent Flyer pass at the hospital soon!

Don't understand how people get off on that - especially if they have just targeted a random stranger. Hope you are feeling a bit better now Dave. You will be getting a Frequent Flyer pass at the hospital soon!

Be on first name terms soon haha, I do have one more appointment though but that is for my COPD rehab then that`s it.

Last edited:
Its highly unlikely that I won't be near a PC until late evening tomorrow so .....

You didn't think I'd make it that easy did you? look HERE week 22

Just in case anyone missed the spoiler last night, this weeks theme is Fragile

I'm afraid i've taken a bit of a back seat in the last few weeks due to family circumstances so i'm not really going to be able to catch up on comment, apologies all. I'll hopefully get my images up for Whole and Fragile over the next day or so. Some cracking images being posted, i'm feeling a bit out of my depth.

Back