Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

The weather is building up to a stinker but what will the pink rabbit produce, shake him well!!:giggle:

The weather is building up to a stinker but what will the pink rabbit produce, shake him well!!:giggle:
I suspect it'll be something like "heatwave" :D

I suspect it'll be something like "heatwave" :D

Excellent, will have to tell SWMBO that I need to go to tenerife for the TP52!

I think the reason for the elderly gentlemen making errors in posting in the wrong places is the fact 2016 threads are confusing matters. Us ladies can cope better, we tend not to rush into things, looking where we are going.:):D:agree:

I am in the middle of a large server migration, I have a plan for week 0, and then week 1, I'm hoping to keep the momentum after this job... Sorry peeps.

*Determined face*

I have a couple of questions for the more computer/forum savvy here please.

Is there a way to "bookmark" the main picture thread and this one so I don't have to find it each time?

Has anyone ever done a guide to giving good critique? I am struggling to know what to say, other than excellent etc. Giving good critique seams to me to be a skill in its own right. I have used the search function but not found anything.

I have a couple of questions for the more computer/forum savvy here please.

Is there a way to "bookmark" the main picture thread and this one so I don't have to find it each time?

Has anyone ever done a guide to giving good critique? I am struggling to know what to say, other than excellent etc. Giving good critique seams to me to be a skill in its own right. I have used the search function but not found anything.
Just press the 'Watch Thread' button on the top right hand side Roger

When you want to view them again just click the 'Watched Threads' button on the top LH side

Hopefully that is the easiest way for you rather than setting Favourites on your browser :)

Just press the 'Watch Thread' button on the top right hand side Roger

When you want to view them again just click the 'Watched Threads' button on the top LH side

Hopefully that is the easiest way for you rather than setting Favourites on your browser :)

I knew there would be a simple way that my simple brain could cope with, thanks DK.:ty:

And now the other bit

Hopefully this is not too much to take in, this is a copy/paste from one of my OneNotes, so not all may be relevant, but the thought is there :D

1. Does it fit the theme and Does the photo tell a story?

· At a minimum, does the photo make a statement that you can articulate?

· Does the photo elicit an emotion? In other words, can you relate to the subject or the situation?

· What could be changed in the image to give it a stronger story or message.

2. Is there a clear centre of interest?

· When you look at the photo, what is the first thing you see? If you're evaluating your own image, is what you see first the subject you had in mind for the photograph?

· What holds your eye the longest?

· Do other elements in the image compete with the subject for attention?

· Do technical aspects such as light and the direction of light, depth of field, focus, and so on add to or detract from the subject?

3. Is the image well composed? - judges will consider the overall composition and may take into account any or none of the following as they feel appropriate:

· Rule of Thirds (Used or Broken the rule and if it works)

· Balancing Elements within the image (avoiding voids within images)

· Leading Lines

· Symmetry and Patterns

· Viewpoint - taking the image from above or below rather than just shooting from eye level.

· Background - Does it fit the subject or is the subject lost within a background.

· Depth of the image.

· Framing of the image

4. Is the focus crisp and is the exposure appropriate?

· Is the sharpest point in the image on the centre of interest of the subject of the photo?

· Does the depth of field enhance the subject, mood, or look of the image or does it distract from it?

· Does the focal length or zoom setting enhance the subject and message?

· Does the image have good overall contrast for the type image the photographer intended?

· Does the colour appear natural and/or does it help set the mood of the image?

· If the image is in colour, would it be stronger in in black and white, or vice versa?

5. Does the lighting enhance the subject and message?

· Is the intensity and colour of light appropriate for the subject?

· Is the light too harsh, too contrasty, or is it too soft and too flat?

· Are all important aspects of the subject well lit, or could the lighting be improved by using a flash, fill flash, reflector, or auxiliary light?

· Does the light help convey the overall message of the photo?

· In a colour photo, is the colour balanced or corrected for the light temperature (in other words, the overall colour should be natural-looking). And if it isn't, does the colour cast contribute to the photo?

6. Is the approach creative?

· Does the photo disclose more about the subject, or show it in unexpected ways?

· Does the photo relate visual elements in unusual and intriguing ways?

· Is the photo interesting and fresh, or is it just too weird for words?

7. Does the image meet the overall rules?

· Is the image within size guidelines?

· Has the image been taken during the time allowed?

· Is the image the persons own work?

· Has the image been previously shown?

· Has it been submitted within the time allowed?

On to week 2, if you didn't like last weeks theme, maybe your'll find some Comfort in this one (y)

I've now read this whole thread, and can't make head nor tail of it, but somehow it's still made me laugh and :).
As for shoehorning I'm baffled, maybe someone could enlighten me one day.

As for shoehorning I'm baffled,
Its fitting an image to the theme with a very tenous linkage
( anyone will tell you, I excel at that :D )

As for shoehorning I'm baffled, maybe someone could enlighten me one day.
As @Cobra (or King Cobra as he's known for his extensive services in promoting shoehorning to this community) defines ".... .fitting an image to the theme with a very tenous linkage". To add to that, the more tenuous the link, the greater the likelihood of it being upgraded to the term crowbar (strange that it should sound so much like Cobra but then again ......)

Last edited:
As @Cobra (or King Cobra as he's known for his extensive services in promoting shoehorning to this community) defines ".... .fitting an image to the theme with a very tenous linkage". To add to that, the more tenuous the link, the greater the likelihood of it being upgraded to the term crowbar.
And the 3rd level is WTF ?
:D

Back