TP Charitable Thread - Sponsorship/Donations

Thanks Linda! Sure, I'm charging £25 +postage for an A4 mounted print, with 100% of the profit going to the six charities supported by the installation via the dedication section on the Tower of London Remembers website :)

STAFF EDIT : Relocated from sharing forum
Hi there - what do you think postage will be? And the window mount size, what size do you anticipate that would be? Thanks

I have been selling prints of my Tower Poppies for a week now, and the gallery will close at midnight tomorrow, Armistice day. All the profits are going to the Charities supported by the Tower of London, almost £300 raised so far. [gobsmacked if I am honest and thankyou to @Lynton for the idea and the TP members that have helped spread the word via facebook and twitter]

The photo is the same as the one on the TP home page, without the watermark obviously ;)

HERE is the link to the gallery and shopping cart with various size options and framing available if anyone wants to grab themselves a small memento of this now iconic display. (y)

Arrived today Yv - thankyou very much! :)

Hi there - what do you think postage will be? And the window mount size, what size do you anticipate that would be? Thanks
I'll be posting special delivery, so I would have said £5 would be about right. The print will be A4 in size, with a 2" mount. I can also do them unmounted if you wish?
I have been selling prints of my Tower Poppies for a week now, and the gallery will close at midnight tomorrow, Armistice day. All the profits are going to the Charities supported by the Tower of London, almost £300 raised so far. [gobsmacked if I am honest and thankyou to @Lynton for the idea and the TP members that have helped spread the word via facebook and twitter]

The photo is the same as the one on the TP home page, without the watermark obviously ;)

HERE is the link to the gallery and shopping cart with various size options and framing available if anyone wants to grab themselves a small memento of this now iconic display. (y)
Excellent! Well done! That's a very impressive total so far.

Today is my daughter Lauren 17th birthday and we are currently in Bristol Childrens Hospital helping her fight cancer. As a result of treatment she lost all her hair so her cousin, my nephew James decided to shave his off in support of Lauren and in the process raise money for the children's intensive care unit here a Bristol. We all thought it was only fitting as they staff there did an amazing job in giving us the chance to continue fighting this horrible diseases after life threatening complication nearly took that away from us.

So today at 12:00 in Asda at Highbridge James will be having his hair shaved off, so if you can spare a £1 or £2 we would be really greatful

www.justgiving.com/James-Tandy

I'm working in Burnham tomorrow, will spread the word.....oops bit slow off the mark! :-( never too late to donate though:)

Last edited:
Hi

On 12th July I will be once again taking part in the Leeds 10k and will be fundraising for Yorkshire Air Ambulance, I am looking to raise around £250 for this great charity last year I finished with a time of 1hr16mins55secs hopefully will beat that time this year.

I ask for your kind donations even if it's only £1 every penny counts, my fundraising page is here https://www.justgiving.com/rdickinsonleeds10k15/ I would be grateful for any donations.

Thanks in advance

Robdphotographer

Hi, I just thought I'd let you all know Bout a bike ride that my wife is doing to raise money for Womens Cancer. The challenge is to take part in a 60mile bike ride around London at night.
If anyone would like any more information here is the charities website.
http://www.actionforcharity.co.uk/eventdetailsnew2.php/urlsearch/Women-V-Cancer-Ride-the-Night-2015

If anyone would like to contribute here is her Just Giving page. For information we have paid the entrance fee ourselves, so all money raised will go to the charity.

https://www.justgiving.com/HayleysCyclingForCancer/?utm_id=13

Reactions: dod
I lost my dad in April this year after a long battle with many conditions, one of which was Parkinson's disease.
In memory of his life I have signed up to a 52 mile cycle near Stirling on the 9th August to raise money for Parkinson's UK and to help raise awareness about this still misunderstood condition.
Please head over to my just giving page if you wish to sponsor me........even small amounts can make a big difference!
Thank you in advance and wish me luck for the next 8-9 weeks of training.

https://www.justgiving.com/Stuart-Pardue/

Reactions: dod
Can I ask a big favour...........

If you can spare a few minutes of your time, please go to the link below and vote for the Riverside Primary School Swimming Pool to receive a £25,000 donation for much needed repair and renovation work.

My niece attends Riverside and it'd mean so much to them to get their swimming pool back in action.

https://foundation.onefamily.com/projects/swimming-pool/

Thanks in advance for your time :)

A week or so ago I came up with the idea of a group of photographers doing a sponsored hike up Snowdon in the Spring, to raise money for a cancer charity.

At this stage it is VERY early planning stages and we have a few other linked ideas as well, but trying to get an idea on likely interested numbers.

Please let me know if this could be of interest to you.

A week or so ago I came up with the idea of a group of photographers doing a sponsored hike up Snowdon in the Spring, to raise money for a cancer charity.

At this stage it is VERY early planning stages and we have a few other linked ideas as well, but trying to get an idea on likely interested numbers.

Please let me know if this could be of interest to you.

Is this still looking like it could happen? I'd be interested depending on dates

I know there are lots of great causes on here but if anyone feels they can spare even a couple of quid it wpould be greatly appreciated. I'm doing a 66 mile cycle round Loch Ness in April :)

https://www.justgiving.com/George-Michie1

I would be most grateful if any of you good people could help my sister Janet. She has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer which means terminal. Conventional treatments available in the UK cannot save her, her only hope is to try a less conventional treatment called immunotherapy. Unfortunately, this can only be delivered in Germany and is very expensive. My niece, Janet's daughter, has started a crowd-funding appeal the details are below. Every little helps so, please donate what you can.
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/savejanet?utm_id=107&utm_term=xqVxPp5kJ

Thank you.

My daughter is in her final year of a photography degree at Manchester Met University. She has a kickstarter for her final project which is a recreation of Hans Holbeins' The Ambassadors, re-imagined for the 21st century.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/716960512/the-ambassadors-new-clothes

There is less than a week to go, and she is £65 short of her target. Some nice rewards for pledgers (imo), so would be great if anyone felt able to support this.

Thanks for looking

Steve

I'll come back to this one in the hopes someone will help out if they can.

Several months ago I was told that my friend, my sisters fiance, had been having stomach issues, and after months of being shuffled back and forth, he finally got some proper testing.
I remember absolutely vividly what I was doing (climbing the stairs to continue trying to fix a tumble dryer heating element) when my sister called.
"You alright sis? What did they say?"
"No, not really... its cancer..."

I remember sitting on the floor in the spare room, tumble dryer parts scattered around me as my sister and I discussed the diagnoses of Bowel Cancer that Dave had just received. I remember being stunned, completely at a loss as my sister described the next steps.

Fast forward to today and we've just heard that the chemo is too damaging to his liver, so chemo has to stop until the cancer has spread, then they'll try to buy him some more time, and to just enjoy the time he has left before he starts to struggle.
General consensus is that if he makes NEXT xmas, it'll be a surprise.

Because of this, I've joined in with #decembeard, growing a beard and going without a shave for the month of december. I'll post a pic of my progress shortly, but the reason for doing it is to raise money for Bowel Cancer UK, in the hopes that they can find better, more effective treatment. It might not help Dave, but if it helps anyone at all, its worth the month of itching I'm enduring which, by comparison, is absolutely nothing.
If you can, please donate.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/bcuk-decembeard-2018-6169

Some of you may know that I help to run a small horse rescue and rehoming charity, All For Horses - I've been chair of trustees for the last 30 years, and as I'm not an expert on horses I get the labouring and driving jobs:) There's more about the work we do in post 32 in this thread https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/free-lighting-e-book.689037/

We've run into a problem and need help!

We are making an urgent appeal for our rescue pony, Shadow.
shadow_small.jpg

Shadow had been badly treated when young and was taken in by an elderly lady who loved horses. When she passed away, her home was sold, and the family were very distraught at the prospect of having their Mum’s beloved horse put down because he now had nowhere to live. No one would take him because he was still very nervous due to his past, and he was also affected by the loss of his owner – horses form strong emotional bonds. Arrangements were made but he escaped his fate because he couldn't be caught, a local farmer told us of his plight and we were able to able to take him in.

Shadow is a very loving, happy horse who lives in a 10-acre field at our farm with his friends.
On Tuesday evening Shadow developed colic. The vet was called, and he was taken to the equine hospital to assess his condition. Upon arrival, he was referred for immediate emergency surgery.

Due to complications, the surgery will now cost several thousand pounds, a massive amount of money for a small Charity like us (there is no NHS for horses!). We are asking our fellow horse lovers to donate to help us cover Shadow’s vet bill and allow us to continue to help horses and ponies in need just like Shadow.

How to donate:
Donations can be made direct to our Barclays bank account with the reference ‘Shadow’, Sort code 20 75 92, account number 53116468, account name All For Horses
Or visit our website to donate through PayPal: https://www.allforhorses.org.uk/donate

Last edited:
-Shadow update--

We are sad to report that Shadow died today despite having 24hr intensive care at the equine hospital since being admitted on Tuesday.

Everybody at All For Horses is devastated, and we would like to thank everyone for your donations and many kind messages of support.

The day before the colic, Shadow was bucking and playing in the field with his herd as normal. He was fit and healthy and a good candidate for surgery. The colic returned earlier today and he was simply too ill to pull through. The staff at Rainbow worked tirelessly round the clock and did all they could to save him.
We are still appealing for donations towards the cost of Shadow's treatment, as this is a massive expense for us. Please help if you can.

I was pointed to this thread when I asked about posting about my Charity challenge that I am doing in June......... In case anyone is interested or feels that they may be able to help in any small way then here goes....... Read on!!!!

As a mad cyclist a friend and I are cycling from Madrid to Valencia (That's 350km or 217 miles) in 2 days. We are doing it for a local dog charity out here in Spain that runs solely on volunteers and donations. They rescue dogs (very often hunting dogs that are frankly tortured when the hunters are done with them :mad:) and all sorts of other dogs off the streets that are in danger. They have huge vets bills as you can imagine that many of these dogs are starving and in poor health and the charity runs from hand to mouth on a monthly basis feeding the dogs and paying for vets and medications.

The charity is Naturaleza & Animales (Clicky on their FB page). We have a FB page too for the charity event that includes stuff about us, and we will be keeping it updated with charity info, training info and bits and other fund raising stuff. The FB page is here so it would be great if you would follow us. If anyone feels that they would like to donate to this really worthwhile cause, every single penny helps the dogs then you can see the fund raiser here. Here's a selection of the dogs they have helped so far this year. The hunting dogs that get such terrible treatment over here are the ones with the lovely big ears. Apparently related to the Egyptian hound.

dog photo 1.jpg

Here's a picture of me and my friend who will be doing the cycling challenge...... I'm on the left with the wonky hat!!!! And my dog is in the frame too - Of course she came from the same charity many years ago :)

IMG_0716.jpg

Evening folks,

My wife and son are doing their own seperate Edinburgh Marathon challenges in May in aid of "Held in our Hearts" which helps with those that have suffered the loss of a baby.

My wife (Samantha) will be foinh the 10K and my son (Seth) will be doing the 1.5K.

Its all for a great cause and even just £1 each can help make a massive difference to those in need of support.

The link to their just giving page is below. Thank you for taking the time to read.
Stuart

https://www.justgiving.com/Samantha...ue1&utm_campaign=pfp-email&utm_term=5j7pMm4q3

Raising money for my late fathers favourite charity - The Yorkshire Air Ambulance (YAA)​

Hi, I wanted to check the rules on posting a justgiving for a charity event my wife and I are undertaking at the end of this month. The text is below so please let me know if it is outside the rules. Thanks.

Morris

Good evening fellow tog's, I have checked in with Admin and it is happy for me to provide you with some details of an event my wife and I are taking part in with the aim of raising £1500 for the YAA.

My father, who died rather unexpectedly in late September last year, was a long time supporter of the YAA and in his memory we decided we wanted to raise some money for them. After taking a collection at the time of his wake and raising over £400 we came across the Benidorm Bangers Run to the Sun 2022 charity event which is also a YAA supporter. The Run to the Sun is a group of people taking old cars to Benidorm where most will be scrapped and the money given to charity. Just our luck that my father had left behind his Citroen Xsara 2001 which had been scraping through MOT's for about 8 years and likely never seen an oil change in that time

So on 2 May 2022 we set off from Lancashire and drive to Essex where we will stay overnight. We don't depart on the ferry until the afternoon of the 3rd but the car hasn't had a trip longer than 10 miles in the last 6 years so we figured we should leave early. We plan to arrive in Benidorm on 7 May 2022 with a bunch of other nutters.

All costs will be met by us so all donations go to the YAA. If you would like to support us in our trip my wife has created a JustGiving page to which I will link below. Anyone who donates will have their name added to the bodywork of the car so please donate anonymously if you don't want that. So thanks to Ian and thanks in advance to this community.
cheers.gif

Donate here

Attachments

• 278155889_10161701823958012_457874656225091248_n.jpg
    278155889_10161701823958012_457874656225091248_n.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 278597396_10161701869678012_2231295693919737212_n.jpg
    278597396_10161701869678012_2231295693919737212_n.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 278644953_10161701820673012_28655697385934509_n.jpg
    278644953_10161701820673012_28655697385934509_n.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 278852223_10161705594848012_2754999150367647974_n.jpg
    278852223_10161705594848012_2754999150367647974_n.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Guys my best mate is called Gavin Rose.............i've know Gav since I was his boss at the Domestic Fowl Trust Gav was 14 and used to play with my much younger son..this is decades back Gav has grown up and has 3 kids of his own..................the youngest is Daniel. Danny is 12.................. I was best man at Gav and Sue's wedding he is my bro my mate he is always there when I need help what I'm doing now he would have my back do the same it's given

So I desparately need your help and kindness and generosity...............................last week there was a fire at Gav's house..........sadly Sue has passed and Gav is at Brum childrens hos with Danny who is fighting for his life.

Guys if you could spare just a few quid, a beer, to help Gav through this it would be wonderful. Gav is a self employed builder so there is no backstop he has to be with his son..can't work

A go fund me page has been set up to help me bro

https://gofund.me/dee15d39

Thanks for looking
thanks for reading
if ya can spare a few bob for my mate

simply bless ya

love
stu

Hello Guys,
I am, along with 2 other photojournalists, and, 1MBE war correspondence film cameraman from ITV embarking on a circumnavigation of the British Isles on a 29ft yacht, which, will include the Shetland isles etc in June 2024. for

I would like anyone of you to support our journey via the supplied link.
This will be a "none" stop journey, "except for unforced tidal issues, supplies etc" so not a holiday in any stretch of the imagination!
Please feel free to donate to the link supplied. Regards Graham.

Back