TP Lakes Meet photographs

@Buck Thanks for the info and the offer. I was thinking get the Lee adapter ring and holder and then get cheaper compatible filters. The Koon filters are roughly £20 a pop so I would expect them to be better than my 6 filter set for £16! Hopefully I'll get a set sorted before next weekend but I'll keep your offer in mind thanks.

I'm up for a Northumberland meet. I find mid-December a good time to go, I've been twice now at that time of year. Bamburgh village has a good show of Christmas lights, sunrise/sunset are nice and accessible times, Embleton Bay/Dunstandburgh castle/Holy Island/Berwick are not far away and I have a cracking B&B that do the most amazing post-sunrise breakfast!

There is if there's enough interest. I reckon 2 photography weekends/overnighters a year is good going :) one annual May Lakes meet and the October meet can be changed to different locations each year :)

All in favour say aye.......

Im for that. October I'm off to Dublin but will keep eye on thread for dates etc

I am gonna get mine on flickr tomorrow and hope one gets explored :D

@Buck Thanks for the info and the offer. I was thinking get the Lee adapter ring and holder and then get cheaper compatible filters. The Koon filters are roughly £20 a pop so I would expect them to be better than my 6 filter set for £16! Hopefully I'll get a set sorted before next weekend but I'll keep your offer in mind thanks.

I'm up for a Northumberland meet. I find mid-December a good time to go, I've been twice now at that time of year. Bamburgh village has a good show of Christmas lights, sunrise/sunset are nice and accessible times, Embleton Bay/Dunstandburgh castle/Holy Island/Berwick are not far away and I have a cracking B&B that do the most amazing post-sunrise breakfast!

December is a tough one as wait for it....the weather:eek::eek::p can be unpredictable plus with it being closer to xmas too but still a good idea none the less

Congrats Mark (y). Still to happen for me !

Congrats Mark, it's a cracking image so definitely worthy.

Cheers!

Me too, but if I'm brutally honest, I'm not fussed either way. I enjoy my photographs and that's all that matters at the moment for me.

I get where you're coming from, but I've never liked being told "well as long as YOU like it"!! I think some people use that as a lazy way to avoid giving crit, but anyway for me photography is a form of communication, and when people like/share/favourite or explore a shot, it means I must have succeeded with that at least a little :). Things like Flickr's Explore also mean more people get to see it so I get a chance to communicate with more.

Plus someone might buy it and then I'll be rich!!!

December is a tough one as wait for it....the weather:eek::eek::p can be unpredictable plus with it being closer to xmas too but still a good idea none the less

I'd be up for December or just about any time. I live in County Durham, so Northumberland is very easy for me :)

I like my photos to be liked by not just me but others too.

Before I was like that I only had them for my enjoyment but then I started selling prints from my website

@nickjohnwatson, yes, usually :) People use it way after it's expired; it's safest if it's been kept in the fridge, but it's useually OK anyway.

@nickjohnwatson, yes, usually :) People use it way after it's expired; it's safest if it's been kept in the fridge, but it's useually OK anyway.
No Idea if its been kept in the fridge like but theres 4 rolls of ilford delta 400, 4 rolls of ilford delta 100, 3 rolls of fujicolour 100 and 3 rolls of agfa vista 400 plus a roll of ilford plus 125 all for a fiver so its gotta be worth a punt

FINALLY !!! I have managed to find a bit of time to sort through and upload some from the meet. I'm not too clever with pp but I've tweaked here and there the best I can. Some may be over/under done, let me know your thoughts guys.

Ashness Jetty by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Thirlmere by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Blea Tarn by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Rocks & Screes Reflections by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Early Morning Wastwater by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Wastwater Sunset by Rich Robson, on Flickr

Cheers

FINALLY !!! I have managed to find a bit of time to sort through and upload some from the meet. I'm not too clever with pp but I've tweaked here and there the best I can. Some may be over/under done, let me know your thoughts guys.

Cheers
Really nice set of shots there rich. Each one is a strong image hard to pick a favourite.

Cheers
Really nice set of shots there rich. Each one is a strong image hard to pick a favourite.

Agree with Tim their Rich

Looks like you made the most of the 10-22 (y)

Cheers

Fab photos rich

Late in posting so trying to put on something different, so one of mine from Sunday Morning, not the best of detail but got out of it what I could, the heavy mist on the mountains is not as clear as I would have hoped, and would like to get more out of the sky, but not sure how, have just used a grad in LR :thinking:

Castlerigg Stone Circle by TP DK, on Flickr
Still works well for me though. Nice shot!

@TimmyG just looked at my sponsor page and realised you sponsored me lol, thank you very much dude, for some reason i am not recieving emails when donations to my page are made :confused:

sat here like a lemon waiting for photos to upload to flickr...1 fails so it means none of them get uploaded -_- #fail

Here are mine :D

lake district-7 by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr

lake district-6 by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr

Jetty by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr

bluebells by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr

10 Stitch Panorama of blea tarn

Blea Tarn Panoramic by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr

wastwater lake sunset 2 by Robert Dickinson, on Flickr
Nice one rob. Good set of images. I think the jetty could do with an increase in the overall exposure and the last one needs a straightening up. Well done.

Last edited:
I wish I had been able to make it guys.

Some great shots among these

Well finally got around to editing a few of mine... well, it is still 2015 so not that late :whistle:

After looking at these and comparing with some of the others I certainly feel I need a 16-35 damn soon !!!

Anyway, brought back great memories of the couple of days, seems sooooooooooooo long ago already

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 1 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 4 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 6 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - 9 by TP DK, on Flickr

TP on tour - Lake District 2015 - pano by TP DK, on Flickr

IIRC

Wastwater
Wrynose Pass
Hardknott pass
Blea Tarn
Great Langdale
Chapel Stile
Thirlmere
Buttermere
Honister Pass
Surprise View
Ashness bridge
Ashness Jetty
Centenary Stones
Home
Hi i i just did some of those places and came back home late last night from my trip there.

i was there from friday till sunday with my missus and we had a blast.

it took us 8hours to drive there though from london and we set otu camp in wasdale head.

How did you manage to go through all those places?

We managed about 4/5 different places at our time there as we spend a good while on each location as its far too big.

Did you guys just went to each place and spent just 10mins there or something lol and the drive between those places are quite longish.

for example i drove from wasdale to elderwater i think its called and that took about an hour or more driving past little landale.

I went through this pass that had a 30% incline/decline route! It was crazy doing that on my little nissan micra

Hi i i just did some of those places and came back home late last night from my trip there.

i was there from friday till sunday with my missus and we had a blast.

it took us 8hours to drive there though from london and we set otu camp in wasdale head.

How did you manage to go through all those places?

We managed about 4/5 different places at our time there as we spend a good while on each location as its far too big.

Did you guys just went to each place and spent just 10mins there or something lol and the drive between those places are quite longish.

for example i drove from wasdale to elderwater i think its called and that took about an hour or more driving past little landale.

I went through this pass that had a 30% incline/decline route! It was crazy doing that on my little nissan micra

Sounds like you had a good trip. The pass was probably the hardknott or Wrynose pass - some tough inclines and bends there!

Part of the reason we covered so much was that we were up before 4am and didn't leave until after 9pm so it was a full on day with plenty of time at each location. Some were shorter visits as the light/opportunity wasn't there for some photos so they've been put on the "next time" list!

Back