TP Lakes Meet

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Very nice Andy, Blea Tarn is a belter (y)

I wish we were still there :(

Liking that 2nd Lone Tree @Dark Knight ....we need a revisit with a proper sunrise ;) Was the last one taken with 70-200 ? That light was lovely.....

@posiview ....your little trip down the embankment at Rydal Fall paid off....lovely :)
2nd Ullswater one....didn't see those posts....the slight ripples in the water suit it better than a usual long exposure (y)

Edited a few tonight but still sooooo tired....

Blea Tarn........on the way back to the car just saw the light hitting the tops
DSC_3979 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Can't remember if this was Coniston ? closest we got to a proper sunset...
Untitled-1 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

I'll sort some more tomorrow , overall I'm really happy with most of mine ....which maks a change ! That darn Blea Tarn though , could spend a full day or 2 there & not get bored :D

Some great shots, looks like you had some lovely light at Blea Tarn (y).......That's a great scene with the boat Dean @Dark Knight (y) ...... and the reflection and colour in the sunset is lovely Lynne (y) @blondie606

I wished I'd have got sumot sorted for mi van a bit sooner than yesterday
shakehead.gif
was gutted to miss this meet..........but at least it should be good to go for the meet this month

OOo lynne, that light on Blea Tarn sure makes a difference !!! As for the red sky, god knows where we were, not at the right Jetty that's for sure :D

Cheers @Phil-D - it was a shame you and Lynne did not make it on this one, catch up with you later in the year maybe (y)

@Brian_of_Bozeat ....different effect that infra-red.....looks like heavy snowfall in the 1st one.....now that would have been the icing on the cake :D Get some more posted up Mister (y)

Done a couple more tonight....

Ullswater sunday morning...

DSC_4356 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

There's always one :exit:
DSC_3690 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Buttermere.......think I was tripping on those reflections....
DSC_4157 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Two from my wander round Buttermere

Bench with a view by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

DSC_4168 by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Ooooo, nice.

@Dark Knight lovely water at Blea Tarn, pit about the bloomin' sky :( Last one is a belter...the red boat really pops. The buttermeres are nice but them bloody con trails.

@blondie606 Blea Tarn, that;s a must for a revisit. It is Coniston, really works well, the lack of shadow detail really gives it a graphic feel. #4 is a belter, what a handsome chap :)

@Brian_of_Bozeat infra red, the whites on the mountain side are super as are the textures in the leaves on Rydal Waterfall.

Cheers all and just waiting to see what @Southdowns produces.

Nice infrared shots Brian, does make me wish there was snow while we we were there, and love the spiney video :)

And a nice set from you Lynne, liking the mist in the first, I recall Brian trying to get some of that before he left, it had all gone by the time I started to recompose for some !!

Liking all the reflections we saw and captured, and that path in the last image works real nicely, I tried a couple of paths but neither worked :thinking:

And there was I scrolling happily through the thread admiring the stunning views and the brilliant captures,
There's always one :exit:

I get that far and WTF! that's the scariest thing I've seen in a long time !

:D

Oh, glad you popped in Chris, We were hoping you could identify that thing on his head?

@Brian_of_Bozeat ...cracking video edit there mister , think I may be doing some of that in future....but maybe not so spinney as I get dizzy real quick :eek:

@Cobra ...ya can't turn ya back on ya camera for a second :LOL:

Been playing with some mono conversions......need to practice lots n lots more but think these may have turned out ok....playing with framing as well ...in for a penny etc :naughty:

Framed 3a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Framed 1a by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Oh, glad you popped in Chris, We were hoping you could identify that thing on his head?
Hmmmm tough call Brian, I was thinking Badger, but its the wrong colour unless of course is one of them thar colour morphs?

Last edited:
Andy, I love the sky and the tranquility in your first one, spoiled just a bit by the car lights perhaps? I also love hieroglyphics!!!!!

Dean your last one is simply stunning - as we kept saying, it's all down to the light!

Lynne Blea Tarn and the bench one are the stand out ones for me. On the second one in your second post, I think you've got something on your sensor. A little bit of content aware patching should fix it ;). I think the conversions are good, but prefer the colour version of Blea Tarn.

Brian, I love the second infra red one, and the video is brilliant!!

Mark, Your Cave shot is Amazing. I can hardly believe we were at the same place at the same time!

Lynne....... On the second one in your second post, I think you've got something on your sensor. A little bit of content aware patching should fix it ;).

I saw this comment whilst at work whilst havin a cuppa........keyboard needed a good clean after reading it :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Distant Tree's.......I like this a lot...has a Painterly feel to it , wouldn't look out of place in a stately home (y)

I like your cave shot Brian, how you got the opening detail as well as the cave interior, mine were all blown :(

Really like your last one too, very effective (y)

The cave is a multiple exposure composite, some might call it HDR I suppose but it was a mix of a multi shot HDR blended with a single middle range shot for inside plus a shot exposed for outside and some dodge and burn.

Thank you for mentioning the "joiner" I am gaining confidence with those, my hit vs miss rate is still poor but when they work I really like them. [emoji4]

Evening all,

@blondie606 nice conversions there. #2 for me, one reason is the pool of light on the mountain.

@Southdowns I like nestled, looks like the pub is having a little snooze. Distant trees really works for me. I like the dreamy feel with what appears to be light leaks. How was the final look arrived at? Jetty, should have stayed at that jetty :( LIke it. The warm, orange glow works well.

@Brian_of_Bozeat you did well with Cathedral Cave, much better than me. The joiner also works really well. I like the different orientations.

Cheers all and we must get together again this year (y)

Thanks everyone :)

Andy, Distant Trees has reeds in the foreground, and I've used a bit of vibrancy and selective clarity: that's about it really :)

Some great images. Interesting to see what different photographers get at the same location. Wish I had seen you were going next weekend earlier as I would have loved to come. Look forward to the photos.

Well done everyone - some super photos there and a shame I wasn't able to meet up. Perhaps I'll manage it for this season's end-of-year meet?

Yes, do come. We have good fun, serious enough but not too serious. Loads of light hearted banter and we take it in turns to babysit Andy.

Last edited:
Back