TP Night Time Meet photographs

@MWHCVT Mat, the viaduct by moon light (I'm guessing its not light painted?) with the stars looks excellent :clap:, a shot I'd have loved to have got, I'm very jealous :p

Just read the comments on flickr, yep, I'll be back there too :D

Last edited:
@MWHCVT Mat, the viaduct by moon light (I'm guessing its not light painted?) with the stars looks excellent :clap:, a shot I'd have loved to have got, I'm very jealous :p

Just read the comments on flickr, yep, I'll be back there too :D

Well does my car headlights count as light painting? But no it was mostly the light of the moon...

Yes the plans are already forming for a return with the Stars in mind :p

@Buck Good stuff Adrian (y) Loved the green stary effect thingy but didn't seem to get any miself :( but on the plus side, Lynn's just bought me sumot off E-bay that looks to give a very similar effect :banana:

Here's a couple from me

Shadowy by Phil D 245, on Flickr

Just Tripping Around! by Phil D 245, on Flickr

@Buck Good stuff Adrian (y) Loved the green stary effect thingy but didn't seem to get any miself :( but on the plus side, Lynn's just bought me sumot off E-bay that looks to give a very similar effect :banana:

Like the sound of that - I was going to have a search myself. Some kind of laser pen IIRC. I like your Just Tripping shot - apt title too!!

Like the sound of that - I was going to have a search myself. Some kind of laser pen IIRC. I like your Just Tripping shot - apt title too!!

Think that was your handy work at waving the wand around :clap:

It might be one of my "have a go's"!!

I've got to look at the wire wool ones yet and also explain to Mrs Buck about the holes in the back of my fleece :eek:

Great work lads! Loving the shadow play @Phil-D, @Jimmy_Lemon I'm really jealous of your sunset and that's some fire your got going there.

@MWHCVT Love the timelapse! We really do need to go back for some serious astro photography. @Mardybum and I must have watched about 8 or 9 satellites passing over and I've found even more in some of my shots.

Here's some of my efforts:

Hoffman Kiln, Langcliffe by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

The Kiln, Relit by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Tunnel Vision by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Great meeting you guys and thanks to Matt & Darryl for everything - Matt a great Ribblehead shot you bagged well done mate
i-7fTdZt9-XL.jpg

i-KbkrHxS-XL.jpg

i-5BfG2DV-XL.jpg

i-Fr6SkbN-XL.jpg

i-2k9RwZf-XL.jpg

I must have watched about 8 or 9 satellites passing over and I've found even more in some of my shots.

I find it quite amazing Tim just how many satellites appear in any one shot. After you chaps had left, I spent about ten minutes taking a few stary sky shots, all seem to have a number of satellites, but very few planes. :confused:

I find it quite amazing Tim just how many satellites appear in any one shot. After you chaps had left, I spent about ten minutes taking a few stary sky shots, all seem to have a number of satellites, but very few planes. :confused:
Yeah, I found at least 3 in one image. Never seen them before. I'm such a city boy :)

Me and TimmyG were stood out for a good half hour at the kiln and we must have seen at least 10 if not more. It's amazing to think how many must actually be up there!!!
I've not had chance to look over my shots on the laptop yet, but I think I've got a few from the day I'm happy with, not much from the nighttime other than the 40 or so star shots that I'm hoping to stack tonight.

Well im certainly glad to be back on TP after somewhat of a long holiday, had some great fun on saturday, although come monday morning must say i was a touch sore (possibly from my cliff hanging antics)
I am also completely lost with the new forum software so if someone could give me a quick reminder or the requirements of uploading photos that would be great as the batch i just attempted to do all failed lol

Well im certainly glad to be back on TP after somewhat of a long holiday, had some great fun on saturday, although come monday morning must say i was a touch sore (possibly from my cliff hanging antics)
I am also completely lost with the new forum software so if someone could give me a quick reminder or the requirements of uploading photos that would be great as the batch i just attempted to do all failed lol

Why are you not just posting from Flickr BBCode?

Some superb images guys, once I'm home off my holiday I'll get mine up but going off the standard of these mine might not be worthy of this thread.

Why are you not just posting from Flickr BBCode?

I could do that but the images are not on flickr yet, i was going to upload them straight to here, but thats proving a pain so flickr is the way to go, just waiting for them to upload now mate

I could do that but the images are not on flickr yet, i was going to upload them straight to here, but thats proving a pain so flickr is the way to go, just waiting for them to upload now mate

On here I want to say it's 1024px on the longest and 300 or 350kb I think but I'd have to check that

Some great shots here people.

Whats being used for the multi ribbon shots?

Has anyone ordered a pixelstick?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bitbangerlabs/pixelstick-light-painting-evolved/description

The multi coloured ribbon was done with a RGB LED strip wrapped around an old cleaning pole, totally cost about £15...the pixel stick is an amazing bit of kit that I've been thinking of buying but haven't as of yet, I'm waiting on having a play with one as I know a couple of people that own them and want to have a play before I sink well over £300 into one

The multi coloured ribbon was done with a RGB LED strip wrapped around an old cleaning pole, totally cost about £15...the pixel stick is an amazing bit of kit that I've been thinking of buying but haven't as of yet, I'm waiting on having a play with one as I know a couple of people that own them and want to have a play before I sink well over £300 into one
The cost is what stopped me. Will be interested to see what you think when you have had a play.
Maybe do a small review of it for the site?

The cost is what stopped me. Will be interested to see what you think when you have had a play.
Maybe do a small review of it for the site?

Oh I shall, I really need to arrange with my friend who owns one to meet up and play sorry test it out :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: DpM
Here are a few of mine form the great meet, I need to do my light painting images yet but here are a few from before and after the meet.

Just quick edits all done in LIghtroom.

I can just see what I think is the Milkyway in #3 but I don't know how to extract it so to show more detail.

1. The Lone Tree

2. The Lone Tree (Again)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/s2RTdQ]

3. Ribblehead Viaduct (Straight on)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/s2YQQP]

4. Ribblehead Viaduct (angle)
[url=https://flic.kr/p/sjoK3e]

5. Ribblehead Archway
[url=https://flic.kr/p/sh8H6L]
[/url][/url][/url][/url]

Back