TP Secret Santa 2012 is here!!!

SantaDad

Ho.hic.ho.ho.ho.hic
Name
Sozzled Santa
Edit My Images
No
2013 THREAD HERE

Well, I can hardly believe it but the sleigh has had its MOT, the reindeer have been working hard in the gym, and Mrs Santa is already nagging me to get my backside in to gear - it's almost Christmas! :eek:

As too many TP'ers have been busy in the bedroom rather than with their cameras, there are many many more children that are going to need me to visit them this year, so more than ever I need your help to take on a 'present buddy' to save me some work!

We'll do the same again this year as in previous years, whereby everyone who signs up buys one randomly selected fellow member a surprise Christmas present. In return they receive a surprise present themselves (from another randomly selected member).

That way, we all get to open a present as well as get that warm snuggly feeling inside of giving a gift at Christmas. It also means I get that warm snuggly feeling inside too, although mine will be from the whisky I can stay in and drink whilst all you lovely people do my work for me :beer:

As I'll be busy drinki...... I mean sorting out toys for the little girls and boys, I won't be telling you who is buying your present for you, so it's up to you if you reveal yourself as the giver once people start posting what they got.

The presents should be worth somewhere between £5 and £10 not including postage/packaging/wrapping paper. As some of you didn't seem to be able to play nicely last year, I need to make sure that those taking part have made over 100 posts on here and have been a member for more than 4 months. Hopefully you'll all have understood what this place is about by then and will make sure you take part in the spirit (don't mind if I do, thanks :beer:) of the whole process.

Please note: If you aren't going to be able to enter in to the spirit of this, DO NOT put your name on the list. You will have no control over who you are given as a present buddy, so if you think there is a chance you won't be mature enough to be able to buy a decent little gift to send to someone as a bit of fun, this isn't for you. I am NOT having Mrs Santa moaning at me again this year because some people can't play nicely! :shake:

We'll be dependent on Royal Mail to get the presents to everyone again this year as my second sleigh is in for work on the suspension (something about too much weight :shrug:) so please view this as a mainly 'giving' exercise. Hopefully you'll all get the added bonus of 'getting' too, but please don't join in just to get a big box of shiny new camera bits (you could well be disappointed if you do!).

If you would like to be part of this fantastic and joyous experience please post in this thread stating that you're in , and also send me a PM including your name and address at the same time (that way I can match the name and address to the TP username without any hassle).

Once I've got your PM with your real name and address I'll update this post with a list of those taking part. Once we get to the end of November, I'll PM everyone on the list to make sure they are still in, and begin to randomly allocate Secret Santa buddies.

You'll then get a separate PM with your recipient's name and address (and their forum name so you can do some research on what they like) so that you can go shopping.

As we'll be using Royal Mail we'll need to have the parcels posted by the 10th December please and then everything should run smoothly, and hopefully avoid the Christmas Royal Mail chaos.

Right, them's the rules, join in if you want to have some fun giving a fellow TP member a surprise present, and let's get the community spirit (oooh, go on then :beer:) flowing this Christmas!

There's also a sexy new signature logo for you to use to spread the word and get more people involved. Simply paste the following in the 'Edit signature' section of your 'My TP':

[CENTER][URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=445129"][img]http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/tp_secret_santa.jpg[/img][/URL][/CENTER]

Those on Santa's list (those in green have received their gift):

• kelack
  • big soft moose
  • Joshwain
  • MWHVCT
  • leftcurl
  • *Sarah*
  • vince31
  • gumbo-67
  • Lynton
  • Dark Kn!ght
  • Byker28i
  • tijuana taxi
  • posiview
  • u8myufo
  • david357
  • archangel
  • bastic
  • omega63
  • BruceMo
  • Steep
  • wildsam90
  • ChickenDipa
  • Woblee
  • wegotitugetit
  • Stupar
  • Reidy36
  • GHP
  • Jazzmonkey
  • meatcandy89
  • farrance
  • mattd85
  • Nikon_Nick
  • nickjohnwatson
  • Flying giraffe
  • Crtm
  • middlearthimages
  • squizza
  • Di Stone
  • faddius
  • Bend The Light
  • Fatboyjarv
  • mich66
  • foggy4ever
  • brad28
  • Kerioak
  • greenoak
  • shotokan101
  • rjbell

Entries are now closed (sorry).

Remember to post in the thread once you've received your present and I'll have the elves keep the list updated.

Last edited:

kelack

TPer Emerita
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Count me in :D

big soft moose

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy...
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
And me (pm sent)

Edit My Images
Yes
Go on then, count me in seeing as I've just had a quick search and found something decent :p

Think yourself lucky if you get me ;) :LOL:

Name
Leigh
Edit My Images
Yes
i'm in. But i do want Lynton.. he's got to be the easiest person to buy for on TP :naughty:

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
i'm in. But i do want Lynton.. he's got to be the easiest person to buy for on TP :naughty:
Nah - any of the mods would be easiest 10 quids worth of jaffa cakes - sorted

kelack

TPer Emerita
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Please don't anyone get me jaffa cakes :(

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
okay any of the mods except kelleee...

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
well apart from bog roll gate

and my first parcel getting lost meaning i had to do an amazon next day delivery to ensure tony got his lump of coal in time :LOL:

kelack

TPer Emerita
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
you're easy to buy for as well. Full crate of tiles winging it's way to you!! :LOL:
:p We're trying to get rid of the ones we've already got :LOL:

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking on what to get, would a complete wire wool kit be wrong ;)
so long as that includes the 5D3 and lens, tripod, shutter release, and 'the dodo's' services as a spinner ... I'd be happy with that ;) :LOL:

Name
Leigh
Edit My Images
Yes
i missed last years shenanigans... what happened? Or is it taboo?

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes

kelack

TPer Emerita
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
i missed last years shenanigans... what happened? Or is it taboo?
It's in the past and should be left in the past :)

Remember everyone, this is a thread to register your interest to be a part of this year's Secret Santa ;)

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
I am in!

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm back for a third go

Thanks for your efforts

Cheers
Rich

Last edited:
Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Count me in, again.

Although I didn't recieve my present last year :shake:

However, a kind member, you know who you are (y), stepped in and sent me a replacement :clap:

Regards.

u8myufo

Lynne Hamilton
Suspended / Banned
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Im in (y) And I want a random present this year not a bloody randy one like last time :nono::nono:

Staff Edit: pic removed, too much Rich

Last edited by a moderator: