TP Secret Santa 2013 - Sign up here!

SantaDad

Ho.hic.ho.ho.ho.hic
Name
Sozzled Santa
Edit My Images
No
The list for 2013 has now CLOSED.

Well, most of you probably haven't even started thinking about it yet but, having been on the go for the last 8 months, let me tell you, Christmas isn't that far away!

Unfortunately, owing to the unique way the BBC is funded Mrs Santa spends my money, I haven't been able to pay the elves their overtime for the last couple of months, so they are currently out on strike in the car park. Their picket line can't actually be seen due to the 3 feet of snow, but that's another story :cautious:

Unless you all want to receive a rather sorry looking clay ash tray painted and glazed in 'Sleigh Brown' (I never really paid attention in Art & Craft classes at school), I'm going to need your help. As such, I need as many of you as possible to sign up for this year's TP Secret Santa and do me a huge favour. Please!

We'll do the same again this year as in previous years, whereby everyone who signs up buys one randomly selected fellow member a surprise Christmas present. In return they receive a surprise present themselves (from another randomly selected member).

Ideally, the presents should cost somewhere around £10 not including postage/packaging/wrapping paper. Although most of you played nicely last year, I need to make sure that those taking part have made over 100 posts on here and have been a member for more than 4 months so that I know you will help me out. Hopefully you'll all have understood what this place is about by then and will make sure you take part in the spirit (don't mind if I do, thanks :beer:) of the whole process.

You'll send the parcels to the recipient through Royal Mail probably and, as they'll likely all be sat in the sorting office watching the share prices rather than out delivering, history suggests this should be viewed as a mainly 'giving' exercise. Hopefully you'll all get the added bonus of 'getting' too, but please don't join in just to get a big box of shiny new camera bits (you could well be disappointed if you do!).

If you would like to be part of this fantastic and joyous experience please post in this thread stating that you're in , and also send me a PM including your real name and address at the same time (that way I can match the name and address to the TP username without any hassle).

(For those who aren't reading the whole post...)
Once you've posted in the thread AND I've got your PM with your real name and address I'll update this post with a list of those taking part. Once we get toward the end of November, I'll PM everyone on the list to make sure they are still in, and begin to randomly allocate Secret Santa buddies.

You'll then get a separate PM with your recipient's name and address (and their forum name so you can do some research on what they like) so that you can go shopping. Gifts don't have to be photography related, but it would be good if it was linked somehow (this is a photography forum after all!).

As we'll be using Royal Mail we'll need to have the parcels posted by the 10th December please (even better if you can find the spare cash to send it Special Delivery) and then everything should run smoothly, and hopefully avoid the Christmas Royal Mail chaos.

Right, them's the rules, join in if you want to have some fun giving a fellow TP member a surprise present, and let's get the community spirit (oooh, go on then :beer:) flowing this Christmas!

There's also a sexy signature logo for you to use to spread the word and get more people involved. Let's make this year's the biggest yet!

Simply paste the following in the 'Edit signature' section of your 'My TP':

[CENTER][URL="http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=512070"][img]http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/tp_secret_santa.jpg[/img][/URL][/CENTER]

Right, I'm off to go and fire up the potter's wheel...

Those on the "Good" list for this year:

Those who have received the gift marked in blue:

MWHCVT
big soft moose
stumac
Lynton
u8myufo
david357
Woblee
Tigger.ufo
Keith W
Steep
Thedodo
Byker28i
mattd85
stupar
Cg_Girl
posiview
GHP
nickjohnwatson
shotokan101
good_fella7777
Blank_Canvas
Dark Knight
*Sarah*
toadstool
omega63
ab2012
bastic
Slimbert
Jazzmonkey
drounding
kevshore
BigJohn
wegotitugetit
farrance
jakeblu
Yv
MagicMynx
greenoak
Maggie52
vdubster
tim_uk
RaglanSurf
Flying giraffe
Foggy4ever
bobsbabes
canon_togger
tijuana taxi
Fatboyjarv
faddius
archangel

Last edited:

big soft moose

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy...
Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm in again ;)

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I was waiting til you'd got more recipients , I don't want to get matt in case anyone accuses us of having a bromance again.

PM now sent

Last edited:
OP
OP
SantaDad

SantaDad

Ho.hic.ho.ho.ho.hic
Name
Sozzled Santa
Edit My Images
No
Doesn't matter where you are on the list up there ^^^, it's all random when it comes to 'pairing up' :naughty:

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
I was waiting til you'd got more recipients , I don't want to get matt in case anyone accuses us of having a bromance again.
If we have a bromance....I want a divorce......:)

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
count me in SS

u8myufo

Lynne Hamilton
Suspended / Banned
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes

u8myufo

Lynne Hamilton
Suspended / Banned
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Those on the "Good" list for this year:

MWHCVT
big soft moose
stumac
Lynton
u8myufo
david357
Woblee
Tigger.ufo
Did you get my sort of pm? :)
You havent included T on your list santa , I know the likelihood is that she's been very very naughty :naughty: but it seems a bit unfair to exclude her from the fun and merriment.

In fact if you don't imediately reinstate her i'm afraid I won't be dipping your mince pie in whisky this year, and I may decide to leave a fly agaric out for the reindeer instead of a carrot ;)

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
Holds hand up from the back of the class "please sir may I join in too??"

OP
OP
SantaDad

SantaDad

Ho.hic.ho.ho.ho.hic
Name
Sozzled Santa
Edit My Images
No
You havent included T on your list santa , I know the likelihood is that she's been very very naughty :naughty: but it seems a bit unfair to exclude her from the fun and merriment.

In fact if you don't imediately reinstate her i'm afraid I won't be dipping your mince pie in whisky this year, and I may decide to leave a fly agaric out for the reindeer instead of a carrot ;)
Now now young Peter, wou wouldn't be meddling like a naughty boy, would you? :nono:

:LOL:

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Now now young Peter, wou wouldn't be meddling like a naughty boy, would you? :nono:

:LOL:
Oh no santa, not me, I'm a good boy (who deserves that 6d he's asked for in his stocking hint hint) .. being a good boy I was naturally concerned that poor little T would get left outside in the snow while the rest of us heartily celebrated the yuletide season.

It would break my heart to see her piteously pawing at the glass and looking in through the window at the warmth inside, and being a good kind boy (who really deserves santa bringing him nice presents ;) ) I would naturally offer to share my seat at the TP banquet and if necessary my food :LOL:

big soft moose

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Santa - that link you asked us to put in our signatures to help spread the word, its linking to the 2012 thread !!

I blame sabotage by those reindeer in sympathy with the elf walk out... I asked one of them about it and his whole face was glowing red which is a sure indicator of guilt ;)

OP
OP
SantaDad

SantaDad

Ho.hic.ho.ho.ho.hic
Name
Sozzled Santa
Edit My Images
No
You wait 'til I get hold of Little Billy Gates.

He had one job... :banghead:

(Link now corrected, thanks for the spot!)