weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

Good take on the theme DK. A lot cleaner than my lenses look.
I think the tight crop works, it makes it differ from product shots of lenses we see in magazines and reviews.
Thank you Tim, I did try to get a different angle than just a straight on lens, guess it worked/helps :)

Annnnd to get me up to date, here is my shot for this week, another indoor shot due to never venturing out far on a Bank Holiday when at home (takes too long to get anywhere)

Anyway, here is a close up of a twig, it has curves, sort of, but I chose it as I love the different textures... shot on just a plain white paper background, hope you like it :)

Week 34 - Curves

Week 34 - Curves by TP DK, on Flickr

Great idea for Clean, Dean, and I'd say you got exactly what you set out for :) I have always loved the multi-coloured reflections from inside a lens so I like those, and you've got very clean and contrasty blacks and whites in the body of the lens.

Curves is an unusual subject and is spot on for the theme. Great colours and textures, a nice white BG and gentle shadow, and I especially like the broken textures around the 'grazed knee' of the main bend/curve. Lots to see in what initially seems to be a simple image (y)

A quick catch up...seem to be weeks behind again!!
Those panos of yours really are impressive Dean, and it's always great to hear some of the technical stuff too.
Great dof on the rider and his lovely white horse - I went along to a medieval re-enactment day this summer, the detail in costumes and props and the knowledge that the actors have were incredible.
Super slick lens shot with great blacks...a lens pen? Do I need one??!! See.. you really are too good at these product shots :)
I like the soft shadow and heaps of detail on the curved stick, but my favourite of all is your radiator - symmetry, light, shadows, mood...it all just works so well. Fluff and all ;)

Nice and sharp, good tonal range and interesting textures. And curves too, nicely done.(y)
Cheers Chris :)

Curves, now I like this one DK as yes it curves nicely, but the BG is just right. Good textures and the knicks in the twig and love the bald patch (y)(y)
Thank you Dave :)

I rather liked the bald patch too, a very odd feature I thought :)

Great idea for Clean, Dean, and I'd say you got exactly what you set out for :) I have always loved the multi-coloured reflections from inside a lens so I like those, and you've got very clean and contrasty blacks and whites in the body of the lens.
Thank you Andrea, thankfully it seems my thoughts of the reflections were my own over critiquing things :)

Curves is an unusual subject and is spot on for the theme. Great colours and textures, a nice white BG and gentle shadow, and I especially like the broken textures around the 'grazed knee' of the main bend/curve. Lots to see in what initially seems to be a simple image (y)
Annnd thank you again :)

A quick catch up...seem to be weeks behind again!!
I know the feeling :D
Those panos of yours really are impressive Dean, and it's always great to hear some of the technical stuff too.
Cheers Em :)
Great dof on the rider and his lovely white horse - I went along to a medieval re-enactment day this summer, the detail in costumes and props and the knowledge that the actors have were incredible.
I couldn't agree more, this guy was fabulous and the detailing of the saddle and other stuff was soooo interesting !!!
Super slick lens shot with great blacks...a lens pen? Do I need one??!! See.. you really are too good at these product shots :)
Oooo yes this is a Lenspen - and damn yes you should have one in each of your bags :)

Thank you for the compliment, I will take that and run before you change your mind :D
I like the soft shadow and heaps of detail on the curved stick, but my favourite of all is your radiator - symmetry, light, shadows, mood...it all just works so well. Fluff and all ;)
Woo hoo for the fluff :LOL:

Clean ... perfect. Fits the frame nicely and the reflection looks good. (y)

Curved stick ... great colour and detail against the white, shadow too. (y)

Desperately trying to catch up with comments :(

Fruit - Very nice looking fruit, good colours and I like the water drops too
Vehicle - Good alternative form of transport, nicely done with not blowing out all the whites on what looks like a very bright day.
Piece - This looks great on Flickr, HDR done excellently, brought out all the lovely details without pushing it too far
Contrast - Works for the theme, don't know why but the textures on it make me think of chocolate:confused:
Clean - Really like this, I like the touch of colour from the reflections
Curves - Nice bit of curvy wood, good colours and textures and nice curvy shadow too

:D

I like it, clean and simple. Interesting texture and interesting shape. Nicely done.
Thank you Stan :)

Hi Dean, your Curves shot is cool, but you knees look shot dude ! ;)
hahaaaa thank you too Mark, and yes, they are too :LOL:

Clean ... perfect. Fits the frame nicely and the reflection looks good. (y)
Cheers David :)

Curved stick ... great colour and detail against the white, shadow too. (y)
Thaaaaank you :)

Curves...hmmm, thought it was your legs :) :)
Not hairy enough for my legs :D

Different take on the theme, good lighting and nice detail, except for the OOF but top left ;)

Cheers.
Ahhh yes it is unfortunately, limited using the studio lights for a change, being tight in and got this to f11 but still not enough - Damn :D

Desperately trying to catch up with comments :(
no worries, we are all having that trouble :)

Fruit - Very nice looking fruit, good colours and I like the water drops too
Thank you :)
Vehicle - Good alternative form of transport, nicely done with not blowing out all the whites on what looks like a very bright day.
Yes it was very bright indeed, thanks :)
Piece - This looks great on Flickr, HDR done excellently, brought out all the lovely details without pushing it too far
Thank you again Georgina :)
Contrast - Works for the theme, don't know why but the textures on it make me think of chocolate:confused:
Hahaaa you are just feeling munchy :LOL:
Clean - Really like this, I like the touch of colour from the reflections
Cool :cool:
Curves - Nice bit of curvy wood, good colours and textures and nice curvy shadow too

:D
Full of curves indeed :D

Extreme close-up there Mr DK. Great capture of the textures. I think including the shadow works as it gives depth against the background.
Cheers Tim, agree it would look floaty if it wasn't there for sure :)

And moving on to this week...

Nice and busy as usual so not managed to get away again today so another play around indoors, this is what I planned as soon as the theme was mentioned.

I tried various crops and layouts, close in and further away, settled for this - I'm liking this in places, the general idea is there and for the theme/52 it is fine, but for me personally a bit disappointed with the reflections and shadows again, not a biggie but something I want to practice and improve on :)

Week 35 - Occupation... a glimpse at my day job, Project Management :)

Week 35 - Occupation(al) by TP DK, on Flickr

Overall a nice shot Dk,agree on the reflection, but we all have 100% hindsight after someone points something out ?

Reflections are a nightmare on these indoors shots aren't they? Could perhaps have had a bit more off the top of the tablet to make it look more deliberate but a tidy photo, conveys the theme well.

Nice composition, like the placement of the pen and rule. Pity and agree with the reflection. I wonder could a CPL filter able to cut out the reflection here?
Thank you Stan :)

Well, I have no idea to be honest :thinking:

Overall a nice shot Dk,agree on the reflection, but we all have 100% hindsight after someone points something out ?
And thank you too Mark, damn yes we do all get it, me more often than I would like :D

Reflections are a nightmare on these indoors shots aren't they?
Yes Chris aren't they just :bang:

Could perhaps have had a bit more off the top of the tablet to make it look more deliberate but a tidy photo, conveys the theme well.
Very true, if I had placed the laptop better yes, as I tried via crop and I then lose ALL the keys on the keyboard :D

Cheers for the suggestions @rpn, @Hertsman , @sirch (y)

Yikes DK one minute I seemed caught up with you and now I'm miles behind again!

Unusual choice for Vehicle, the background definitely adds to the medieval atmosphere, nicely done.

Pieces panorama ...wow that's excellent, very well done with that one, So much easier now than in the old days when we cut up nine photos and sellotaped them together :D but that was before your time :) ...well done, it looks stunning.

Contrast ...love it ....just my type of photo.

Clean ...super clean lens and photo ...not a spec of dust in sight, perfect for the theme.

Curves ... as you say lots of interesting colours and textures in a simple twig ...nature comes up trumps again, well spotted.

On to Occupation...and up to date! I like the composition, busy ....but not too busy, reflections can be a pain, but they are part what we see, so maybe we worry about them too much.

all nicely laid out ... the lines in the table being unhorizontal is a nice touch.

Clean
Definitely cleaner than any of my lenses. Mine usually get a wipe with my t-shirt. As for clean, it works well.

Yikes DK one minute I seemed caught up with you and now I'm miles behind again!
Tut Tut :D

I think me getting behind puts comments behind to be honest :)

Unusual choice for Vehicle, the background definitely adds to the medieval atmosphere, nicely done.
Thank you :)

Pieces panorama ...wow that's excellent, very well done with that one, So much easier now than in the old days when we cut up nine photos and sellotaped them together :D
Hahaah now I must try that this week :LOL:

but that was before your time :) ...well done, it looks stunning.
Smoothy... and I'll take that :D

Contrast ...love it ....just my type of photo.
Cool - thanks again :cool:

Clean ...super clean lens and photo ...not a spec of dust in sight, perfect for the theme.
Ta muchness :) :)

Curves ... as you say lots of interesting colours and textures in a simple twig ...nature comes up trumps again, well spotted.
Simple things hey :)

On to Occupation...and up to date! I like the composition, busy ....but not too busy, reflections can be a pain, but they are part what we see, so maybe we worry about them too much.
and thanks for the BIG catch up :) and yes maybe for a hobby/challenge we ALL get too self-critical at times :)

all nicely laid out ... the lines in the table being unhorizontal is a nice touch.
Thank you David, that was as quirky as I could get it :)

Clean
Definitely cleaner than any of my lenses. Mine usually get a wipe with my t-shirt. As for clean, it works well.
Thank you Dominic :)

Now T-Shirt I certainly wouldn't trust on my lenses :LOL:

Curves
Agree with you about the colours and textures. Maybe more of a wiggle than a curve :D
hehehe yes it is a tad isn't it :D

Thank you

Hi DK,

Occupation - Project Manager eh? Explains the spreadsheets, but how come you're not tracking our images as milestones in Project and pestering when we don't hit arbitrary deadlines ;)
A more modern take on Stan's. intersting that you've both done similar crops too.

Hi DK,

Occupation - Project Manager eh? Explains the spreadsheets, but how come you're not tracking our images as milestones in Project and pestering when we don't hit arbitrary deadlines ;)
Ohhh now that sounds a terrific idea - STAND BY YOUR BEDS !!! :banana:
A more modern take on Stan's. intersting that you've both done similar crops too.
It sure shows how times have changed hey... thank you Tim :)

That's a clean and well composed image, Dean. I like the way it looks casual and as though you've just been interrupted in the middle of a task, but I'm sure in reality you were stepping back and forth to tweak it several times! It's the sort of image you might see on a company website and works very well for the theme (y)

That's a clean and well composed image, Dean. I like the way it looks casual and as though you've just been interrupted in the middle of a task, but I'm sure in reality you were stepping back and forth to tweak it several times! It's the sort of image you might see on a company website and works very well for the theme (y)
Hahaha yes, tweaked several times :D - thank you :)

And onto my one and only catch up theme (2 more themes were announced whilst on holiday so posting them next)... taken whilst I was on holiday

Week 36 - wish 'You' were here ??

A bit of a play on words yes, but hey it's my 52 :D

Wk 36 - You by TP DK, on Flickr

Different interpretation of the theme and nicely done with the silky water, blue sky and details in the seaweed.

Wish YOU here, yes I could well be. Love the silky milk water flowing over the rocks Dean, good to leave the seaweed in too so a nice take on theme :)
Thank you Dave - I liked the seaweed too :)

Wish I was too, lovely picture, beautiful colours.
Thank you Clive... back to the grindstone for me so I wish I was again too :D

Different interpretation of the theme and nicely done with the silky water, blue sky and details in the seaweed.
Thanks Chris, it was nice to have some blue sky and not too much wind to create seaspray :)

Love the compo, and the sky is a belter - BUT, Im not a fan of silky water like that in colour. I think it works fine in B&W,but your shot, I would have preferred a shorter exposure to show the wave crests....

IMVHO.....

It may be a slight stretch for the theme :) but what a lovely scene and you've captured it well with the flowing water and natural colours of the rocks and seaweed. Composition is spot on too, with the coastline framing the left hand side and the sea and sky on the right (y)

Liking that a lot DK ...a picture postcard scene, love that silky water and the blue sky.
Thank you Susie :)

Love the compo, and the sky is a belter - BUT, Im not a fan of silky water like that in colour. I think it works fine in B&W,but your shot, I would have preferred a shorter exposure to show the wave crests....

IMVHO.....
Thank you Mark, I appreciate not everybody's taste, I did do a few with shorter exposures I will try post one up in the next couple of days once I have caught up with work stuff :)

It may be a slight stretch for the theme :) but what a lovely scene and you've captured it well with the flowing water and natural colours of the rocks and seaweed. Composition is spot on too, with the coastline framing the left hand side and the sea and sky on the right (y)
Cheers Andrea :) - it was a tiny stretch wasn't it :D

Back