Trade Canvas Print - Our community, photos, offers & more

Is there a way to go back and change the edge to an image after it has been added to the cart? Or a way to centre the image? As it's difficult to tell if the image is perfectly centred after it's been moved or re-sized to fit the wrapped edge!

Hi Marsha,

Once the item is added to the cart at the moment you cannot then change the edge option, because you would have had the chance once you viewed in 3-D and at that point you can go back change it or confirm and add it to basket. As for centring the image this is manually done at the moment but our next update which will be end of next week is exactly what you'll be wanting..... A button to centre your image. Do remember that the preview is just for visual reference and all orders are checked (by a human) if it's ever so slightly off centre we will of course make sure it's centred to print. We too only use your preview image as reference and use the original image that's uploaded to print from. Hope this helps : )

Thanks Ben

P.s thanks for the order.

Last edited:
Hi Marsha,

Once the item is added to the cart at the moment you cannot then change the edge option, because you would have had the chance once you viewed in 3-D and at that point you can go back change it or confirm and add it to basket. As for centring the image this is manually done at the moment but our next update which will be end of next week is exactly what you'll be wanting..... A button to centre your image. Do remember that the preview is just for visual reference and all orders are checked (by a human) if it's ever so slightly off centre we will of course make sure it's centred to print. We too only use your preview image as reference and use the original image that's uploaded to print from. Hope this helps : )

Thanks Ben

P.s thanks for the order.

Thanks for that.

And no problems. I'm pushing a bit more on the sales now, so there should be a few more orders this week.

I'm still waiting for my order from last week. I'm guessing as they were big that they've gone via ship! Although I am still hopeful BFPO are in the Christmas spirit and trying to fly as much as possible here!

Thanks for that.

And no problems. I'm pushing a bit more on the sales now, so there should be a few more orders this week.

I'm still waiting for my order from last week. I'm guessing as they were big that they've gone via ship! Although I am still hopeful BFPO are in the Christmas spirit and trying to fly as much as possible here!

We're always here to help where we can..... I haven't much experience with BFPO, so haven't a clue how long it takes and as you say it can vary massivly depending on whether its plane or ship.

Thanks!

We're always here to help where we can..... I haven't much experience with BFPO, so haven't a clue how long it takes and as you say it can vary massivly depending on whether its plane or ship.

Thanks!
About a week (on top of the normal post) by air and 4-5 weeks extra by ship! Well, that's here. Different for other locations.

Another order just placed (panoramic of puppies) hopefully will be as good as the last few...........

Just thought I would update this thread with my experiance when ordering a canvas from Ben.
I have never had a canvas printed before and to be honest had not given it much thought. That said I fancied having something printed bigger than the normal prints I have done (12x8) just for our home. Having them framed is pretty exspensive though. So I happened accross this thread, encouraged I emailed Ben asking him for advice on wether my image would be of a suitable quality. I got a reply within half an hour a few emails later and all was well so I placed the order.
Recieved the order fast and packaged really well.
To say I am chuffed with the results is a complete understatement :) I dint think canvas printing showed so much deatil. So pleased I had this done. Thanks again Ben.

Just took a photo of it as I am sure this will help others to decide wether it is for them or not.
Plus it helps Ben and his business.

I chose the 20mm wrap round @ 30x20 Image is my Daughter on Halloween 2015

Gaz
Canvas_bounce_flash_web.jpg

joker_web.jpg

Last edited:
Just placed my 1st ever order for 3 MX shots , 18" x 12" 20mm canvas with mirror wrap :) I've got a few cheapy canvas's from elsewhere that I'm highly un-impressed with so I' really hoping that the adage " you get what you pay for " is true , and as you come highly recommended by @The goblin I can't wait to receive them (y)

If they're as good as I'm hoping all I now need to do is educate a few hundred mx riders......:eek:

@Tradecanvasprint .......
My 3 canvas's arrived this morning...........absolutely brilliant, blown away with the quality - my screen isn't calibrated but the colors are spot on, corners neat and tight,canvas itself perfectly taut....just perfect. An such speedy turn round....ordered sunday delivered within 2 days, communication thoughout was also spot on....Thank you so much Ben :)
Will certainly be ordering more!

One question.....if I request future orders be sent direct to clients ......do they recieve any paperwork or invoices with the products or does that still come to me?

Thanks again....another very satisfied customer x

@Tradecanvasprint .......
One question.....if I request future orders be sent direct to clients ......do they recieve any paperwork or invoices with the products or does that still come to me?
No they don't! ;)

TCP have some thank you leaflets from me now. One goes in each order!

I have three canvases and one print arriving today and another order for six more just gone through!

My canvases arrived two days ago :) Love them. My only disappointment now is 'I wish I ordered them bigger!!!' They look stunning! Although I feel I could probably sell them and get bigger, I just need to check out BFPO restrictions!

Oh I think I'm a little bit embarrassed! My in laws received their canvas today, they've had their usual stupidity argument for the day. And decided your lovely metal hook is on the wrong way! So they've taken it off and screwed it back on upside down o_O:eek::facepalm::eggface::help: So now they've hung it with half the metal hook and the proper picture hook sticking out above the canvas!

I am lost for words :banghead:

Obviously the canvas looks lovely! Thank you as always Ben.

Happy Christmas to you guys at Trade Canvas Print.

Oh I think I'm a little bit embarrassed! My in laws received their canvas today, they've had their usual stupidity argument for the day. And decided your lovely metal hook is on the wrong way! So they've taken it off and screwed it back on upside down o_O:eek::facepalm::eggface::help: So now they've hung it with half the metal hook and the proper picture hook sticking out above the canvas!

I am lost for words :banghead:

Obviously the canvas looks lovely! Thank you as always Ben.

Happy Christmas to you guys at Trade Canvas Print.

That brought a smile Marsha.

That brought a smile Marsha.

I won't repeat what my husband called his parents! They do moments of stupidity very well!

But just to make you laugh, this is what made me ask the question 'why can I see the picture hook?'

And this is what they did!

DOH!

Muppetry aside, I'm rather impressed with how this looks on canvas. It comes up much darker on a print and the last moon is barely visible!

Thanks all for the great feedback, glad you all liked your canvases....

Marsha, OMG that's brought a smile to my face...... Never seen anyone do that in 15 years of canvas printing

All orders have now been completed and dispatched so anyone on the forum that may have ordered Friday will have they're orders delivered Monday.

My team and I would like to thank you all for your support throughout the year, we've loved printing your amazing pictures! We wish you all a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.

If you have some free time you can have a read of our new blog post reviewing the past year http://www.tradecanvasprint.co.uk/2015/12/thanks-2015/

Thanks Ben

I just have a question on the print papers. I normally order from Point 101 and use Hahnemuhle Baryta - it's a 'heavy 320gsm fibre-based paper, reminiscent of traditional photo papers, that holds impressive colour depth with intense blacks and rich gradations of grey tone. For high-impact images with a glossy finish'.

Is there a paper from TCP that would be similar to this?

I just have a question on the print papers. I normally order from Point 101 and use Hahnemuhle Baryta - it's a 'heavy 320gsm fibre-based paper, reminiscent of traditional photo papers, that holds impressive colour depth with intense blacks and rich gradations of grey tone. For high-impact images with a glossy finish'.

Is there a paper from TCP that would be similar to this?

Hi,

Hopefully helped you out over the phone,

Thanks Ben

Having read this thread a couple of days ago I ordered a 12x16 print on Natural Soft Texture 300 paper. It arrived today and I'm chuffed to bits!! Faultless service, will definitely use again.

Hi

Received my print of the woodpecker today, and, fantastic, very happy with it. The person who it's for is also very happy.

Many thanks and yes, will def use again.

Pete

Great job on the Starling pic for me, many thanks.

Pete

Just popped an order in, a print of a tiger for a friend, look forward to seeing the result..

With nature subjects I will be interested to know how they came/come out, as getting tempting to try a couple :)

With nature subjects I will be interested to know how they came/come out, as getting tempting to try a couple :)

Iv'e had 2 canvas prints, 1 a smaller 18" x 12" and a larger 1000mm x 685mm (sorry one is in imp and one is in metric, it's just the way it worked out) but I am happy with both.

The smaller is very good on the detail and the larger although a little less is still great and remember this was shot with a D3200 so no high end kit.

I think canvas does lose some detail but I am more than pleased with both.

Last edited:
Iv'e had 2 canvas prints, 1 a smaller 18" x 12" and a larger 1000mm x 685mm (sorry one is in imp and one is in metric, it's just the way it worked out) but I am happy with both.

The smaller is very good on the detail and the larger although a little less is still great and remember this was shot with a D3200 so no high end kit.

I think canvas does lose some detail but I am more than pleased with both.

I have always surmised that canvas prints do 'lose' some detail compared to C type of Giclee and therefore with feathers and fur the image might lose a "certain something"? So you feedback is welcome as to quality and the look

Ordered a 16x12, will let you know what it's like.

I look forward to hearing of the finished item :)

I have always surmised that canvas prints do 'lose' some detail compared to C type of Giclee and therefore with feathers and fur the image might lose a "certain something"? So you feedback is welcome as to quality and the look

I look forward to hearing of the finished item :)

Very happy with the turn around time. Uploaded late Monday night. Email yesterday stating completion of order. An email this morning with a delivery slot and received on time today. Quality looks excellent, neat on the back too. Print quality is very good indeed, see no issues at all. A couple of phone pics as had no time to get a proper camera out. :)
Will use again.

Edit, those pics dont do it justice at all, sorry about that...

Attachments

• 1455137302218.jpg
    1455137302218.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1455137316598.jpg
    1455137316598.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Hi All. Just thought it only fair to thank Ben and his team at Trade canvas. As in the past month I have another couple of canvases done and again I am so very impressed with the quality and service. Only took a snap of the last one just for referance.

Thanks again.

Gaz

IMG_7619canvas.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Gaz, I have two whippets myself so really enjoyed seeing the latest photo printing onto canvas.

One thing to mention to everyone is Gaz made good use of our wide selection of canvas edge types and customisable options with all his orders. So remember to experiment with our preview and 3D view software to see what edge types suit your pictures best. You can preview every option to choose the best all before you checkout.

Home page Canvas Button.jpeg

Thanks Ben

Back